• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tasty Blueberry Muffins with a New Metal Muffin Pan!

In summary, the 12-cup metal muffin pan from the SAT delivery last week turned out great, but a little overcooked. The recipe said 16-21 minutes, but I went with 17 1/2 minutes to try it out.
sklay723
Gold Member
I used my new 12-cup muffin pan (metal) from my SAT delivery last week to make blueberry muffins from a box mix last night. I wanted to see how the cooking time would need to be adjusted, since it's a non-stick coated pan. I followed the recipe and baked at 400 instead of 425 (dark and non-stick bake at the lower temp). The recipe said 16-21 minutes, which seems like a broad span to me. I went with 17 1/2 minutes to try it out.

First, let me just say that I have at least half a dozen customers who have asked me about a metal muffin pan this last year or so. I am so excited to tell them I have one available starting March 1st! But I will also tell them to definitely use the lower baking temperature. The muffins turned out wonderful, but a little on the overcooked side, believe it or not. Just the bases, around the outside, were a little browner than I'd like them to be. I personally prefer my stoneware muffin pan, because the browning is so much more even, but I understand that the weight of it is troublesome for some people (and that others don't always feel the way I do about stoneware). In hindsight, I should have started to check at 16 minutes. All in all though, it's an awesome new product and I'm very happy with it (not to mention clean-up was a total breeze!!!).

Thanks for sharing your experience with it with us. I know when I use the mini muffin pan, I seem to overcook them a lot. Mostly with homemade recipes, I forget that I should change the temperature. I also found that the part of the cupcake/muffin that is in contact with the pan end up much darker than the tops. I was kind of figuring that this new pan would be the same way.I prefer my stoneware too. I wasn't always that into the stoneware. But the more times I tried using it, the more I ended up liking it better. Too bad we don't have a mini muffin stone! :D

The U&CG that comes with the pan tells you that most PC recipes are adjusted for this but reminds you to adjust other recipes.

We made cupcakes in it on Saturday, some with papers, some without.We did325 degrees and the stated time on the box. They were perfect and the ones without papers tumbled right out. Love it!

This is probably the product I am most excited about! Everytime I make muffins I wish for one! I didn't earn it in my SAT package, but sent in my samples order last week for it! I can't wait for it to arrive!

What are the ingredients needed to make Tasty Blueberry Muffins?

The ingredients needed are 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1 egg, 1 cup of milk, 1/4 cup of melted butter, and 1 cup of fresh blueberries.

Do I need to grease the new metal muffin pan before using it?

Yes, it is recommended to lightly grease the metal muffin pan before using it to prevent the muffins from sticking.

How many muffins can the new metal muffin pan hold?

The new metal muffin pan can hold up to 12 muffins.

Can I use frozen blueberries instead of fresh ones?

Yes, you can use frozen blueberries, but make sure to thaw them first and drain any excess liquid before adding them to the batter.

How do I clean the new metal muffin pan?

The new metal muffin pan is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water to prolong its lifespan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scottcooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • nancycookspc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • pampchefsarah