• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Microwave Popcorn Popper

In summary, the author doesn't like the product because it can't be used in an inverter microwave and customers may return it.
DebPC
Staff member
I have quite a few customers interested in this even though I don't have it.
What makes it so great???
Thanks!

It takes up a lot less room than a traditional air popper and doesn't have all the chemicals found in microwave popcorn. Plus, it goes in the dishwasher.

IT HOWEVER CANNOT be used in an INVERTER microwave. I have an INVERTER. So sad.

Just used it to make this caramel corn recipe.
1/2 cup kernels popped
1/4 c Light Brown sugar
2.5 TBS salted butter
2 heaping TBS honey
pinch salt
1/4 tsp vanilla
Heat oven to 250. Melt butter over low heat in 2 quart saucepan. Add honey, brown sugar and pinch salt. Bring to boil, don't stir but swirl pan gently boil about 3 minutes until golden brown. Grease a 9 X 13 pan, put popped corn in pan. Take pan off heat and add vanilla, be careful will bubble. pour over corn stirring gently. Put in oven bake 1 hour, every 15 minutes stir. Let cool before eating.

Attachments

• popcorn.jpg
    popcorn.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,316
margit miller said:
IT HOWEVER CANNOT be used in an INVERTER microwave. I have an INVERTER. So sad.
Hmmm. So my Presto microwave popper I bought for $8 works fine in my microwave. Our I can pay $25 for the one from TPC and it would require me to replace my microwave with one that doesn't have the inverter feature. That's disappointing. My wife was excited about the new popper.I definitely won't push this product. I can imagine the headaches when customers realize they spent money on something they can't use. I wonder how many of these will get returned.

Who says a lot will be returned. I never heard of an inverter feature before this thread, I love my popcorn maker and use it several times a week. Other then the second time I used it and put it on for too short of a time it has popped perfectly. Think of when microwave popcorn first came out. You had to figure out how to use it in your microwave. I remember burning several bags of very expensive popcorn before I got the hang of it.

I have used it many times without incident! I've never heard of an inverter feature and honestly don't know how prevalent it is. It may be something to mention, but definitely not a deal breaker for the product as a whole!!! My only complaint is that I wish it were larger. :)

So what is an inverter microwave?

Maybe inverter microwave ovens aren't as prevalent as I thought. Our Panasonic that we purchased from Costco about 8 years ago is one and I thought most of the over the range models we've been looking at for our new kitchen remodel are, but I'm not sure. It's not something I've thought of much. Inverter microwaves modulate the power by varying the duration the magnetron is on. The benefit is they allegedly do a better job of lower power settings, like when you are defrosting meats. This microwave does the best job of defrosting meat than any I've had because it actually defrosts rather than cooks the meat when in that mode.

Thanks for the input. The first time I made popcorn, I did buttered and followed the directions but did not use full power and I shortened the time. (my husband always tells me our microwave is very powerful) I had to stop because it was burning. I have decided 2 min. 30 seconds worked for me in the end. At a recent meeting some consultants said they felt that with the cup closed the popcorn was chewy and open more crunchy. I had been thinking of taking it to my shows and making popcorn there, but I think the differences in everyone's microwaves could be a problem. The last show I made the popcorn here and served it from the popper. I do like mine and plan on using it instead of buying the popcorn in the bag.

I have the Microwave Popcorn Maker. I love it. I've been using it at all of my shows. I take Popcorn in my medium silicone prep bowl and a Tablespoon of butter in my small one. Before I start my demonstration, I make a batch of popcorn. I use a Tablespoon of oil from my hostess. I find that most microwaves cook it in 2-21/2 minutes. Everyone is different. When it comes out, I throw the butter in the microwave. I pour my popcorn in my large batter bowl, drizzle with butter, stick a stack of Dixie cups in and pass it around with the seasonings. They love it. It is inexpensive for me, it only takes a little bit of popcorn each show, but I sell 2-3 $25 popcorn makers every show. I haven't ran across an inverter microwave, or haven't noticed if I did. I love this product.

I have never heard of an inverter microwave - havenot heard our pooper won't work in one and have not had a single complaint about them.

gbakes27 said:
I have never heard of an inverter microwave - havenot heard our pooper won't work in one and have not had a single complaint about them.
OMG - POPPER!!!

If you have an inverter microwave just put the popper on the side of the turn table and dry pop. Works

What is the capacity of the New Microwave Popcorn Popper?

The New Microwave Popcorn Popper has a capacity of 10 cups of popped popcorn.

How do I use the New Microwave Popcorn Popper?

To use the New Microwave Popcorn Popper, simply add 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels and any desired seasonings to the bowl. Close the lid and place it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until popping slows down. Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave and enjoy!

Is the New Microwave Popcorn Popper dishwasher safe?

Yes, the New Microwave Popcorn Popper is dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleaning.

Can I use oil with the New Microwave Popcorn Popper?

Yes, you can add a small amount of oil to the popcorn kernels before microwaving for a richer flavor.

Is the New Microwave Popcorn Popper BPA-free?

Yes, the New Microwave Popcorn Popper is made from BPA-free materials for safe and healthy popcorn making.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefDi
  • gbakes27
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pc_cindy
  • Tpol04