• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Information About Attire...

pamperedgirl3 said:
Well, I'll be wearing at least one sleeveless shirt to the workshops...with crop pants!:p It is very nice looking--the shirt is kind of flowy & made of nice material & has a cute design on it. It is summer, it is hot & I am 6 months pregnant, so I'll wear what is comfortable & I can find on sale in the maternity sections!:D

Speaking of pantyhose...the school I taught at in South Florida required the teachers wear pantyhose! Can you believe that?????!!!! I ended up buying ALOT of long skirts & wearing those knee high ones!

Oh honey... in a lot of businesses today they still require pantyhose. Another reason after 30+ years in corporate America I have given them up!

YUP I work for one of those companies where we are required to wear pantyhose as well... knee highs work great too!!

janetupnorth said:
I always wore them under my business suits, otherwise I would die keeping a jacket on all day.

Mind you, my definition of sleeveless shirts means it is fit to cover all bras straps, loose enough to not show your shape, and not see through. (Hard to find nowadays). They used to be called shells. Now if you want something to go under a suit, it looks like it is underwear!

...I used to think I wasn't old...but talking about fashion...yikes! Feeling old!

I do hate the looks and having to be so concerned about what you wear. Many of us don't have money to spend on clothes, we take care of our families first. If I had disposable income, I'd be dressed nice but I don't, so I hate when people look at you funny if you're not 100% fashionable. I'm at least practical! I used to be fashionable and have beautiful work clothes and jewelry but priorities changed. I'd rather be feeding my family and not collect anything from the government and work for a living then be dressing in name brand clothes and collecting welfare or other things for food that someone else worked for and gave up name brand clothes to provide...

OK, stepping off my soapbox now...

One of the good things about buying good quality, classic clothing is that it never goes out of style. At this point in my life, I am dirt broke, but luckily have clothes that still look good. Most people have no idea how dire our financial situation is because I still dress well. Little do they know that the suit is 8 years old, the dress 7 years old, etc.

I am the last one to suggest that someone who is in the same "dirt broke" boat as I go out and charge a bunch of clothes. Even if someone would be silly enough to give me credit, I won't use it.

I could say that up until three years ago then I gained a whole bunch of weight.:eek: though on a side not I have last 15 pounds.......:)

yes, they are expensive but I feel good in them and not frumpy like my other jeans.

I am wearing a couple of capri outfits... I think they look OK. And, I also look at it as performing a public service (me being comfortable). Trust me, you do not want to see me all sweaty and uncomfortable... just not pretty.

AJPratt said:
I am wearing a couple of capri outfits... I think they look OK. And, I also look at it as performing a public service (me being comfortable). Trust me, you do not want to see me all sweaty and uncomfortable... just not pretty.
Ditto here, I have 3 nice/ new capri outfits and 1 black pants outfit and my sun dress for banquet!

a director friend of mine won't have to dress up for her executive banquet, they are having a pajama party! I'll have to loan her my fuzzy cat slippers.....

ChefLoriG said:
a director friend of mine won't have to dress up for her executive banquet, they are having a pajama party! I'll have to loan her my fuzzy cat slippers.....

Oh I am SO jealous!
I WISH WISH WISH our NED would do something *fun* for our banquet!

What are yours like Carolyn?

ChefLoriG said:

Is she on Robin Andersons team? Last year we did Hawaiian this year it's jammies

I am still waiting to hear what our theme will be this year. Jammies would be fun but all my cute ones are winter ones

Kathy,

I emailed NJ's office. I was told "resort casual" dress and they are piggy backing on the whole conference theme of Live Your Dreams.

DebbieJ said:
Kathy,

I emailed NJ's office. I was told "resort casual" dress and they are piggy backing on the whole conference theme of Live Your Dreams.

Hmm. How do we interrupt "live your dreams" into what we should wear??? Oh well. I'll be wearing whatever fits and doesn't look completely awful. I hate being overweight!

I wish my SED did fun stuff for our dinners too. We had more training. It was very hard to listen to and concentrate on with party music booming through the walls. Everyone at my table said we should sneak out and join their party. I adore my upline director, but the last thing I want on day 2 is more training. My mind is swimming with new info. I need to decompress!

Chef Kearns said:
I wish my SED did fun stuff for our dinners too. We had more training. It was very hard to listen to and concentrate on with party music booming through the walls. Everyone at my table said we should sneak out and join their party. I adore my upline director, but the last thing I want on day 2 is more training. My mind is swimming with new info. I need to decompress!

My feelings EXACTLY as well as those of my entire cluster. We had two girls literally FALL ASLEEP a the table last year...LITERALLY!! It's just tedious!

Shana, my director friend is under Kelly Price (Executive Director), that's who's throwing the pajama party.

I'm under Darla Oelmann, while she never seems to have a theme, some of the upper directors in her line have their people come dressed up in a "theme". Fortunately Darla doesn't do any training. She does recognition after we eat, her top 10 etc. I think this year I might make it up there =)

Okay Ladies and Gents.... here is a tip for clothes buying for Confernce.. if you have Ross Dress for Less in yoru Town ..... It's the BOMB... I bought two nice pairs of dress pants.. and a brand new suitcase for under $100.00 and it's all name brand stuff on over stock!!! Got to love it!!

Pampered Laura said:
You know what...thats totally true about the apron/denim issue. They really need to come up with maybe a BLACK apron (with white lettering) for our apron. Seriously.

...I have to go shopping. Yesterday, I bought my first pair of high heels (yes, ever) for this conference. I'm a boot girl (wore them with skirts at leadership even on stage)

Yes!!

The denim apron is too casual for booths, even.

PamperChefCarol said:
This topic has been a pet peeve of mine for years. Every time I go to a vendor fair, show, etc, I always talk to the people making shoes for the food service industry and ask, why oh why isn't someone making shoes for women who are in the front of the house and want to look a bit less frumpy. They all tell me there is no market for them. I say that's a lot of whooo haaaa.
I can't understand why they don't get it. People want to look good no matter what they are doing. I have to buy a wide shoe and it is very hard to find any that are wide enough and also cute.

On another note I found two new outfits the other day (both capris)! I will wear the skirt I bought for my son's graduation to the exec dinner so I'm set.

I too am on a budget so I bought things that I will be able to wear on a daily basis. My problem is that I am either way too casual or way too dressy. I can't seem to find things inbetween.

BethCooks4U said:
I can't understand why they don't get it. People want to look good no matter what they are doing. I have to buy a wide shoe and it is very hard to find any that are wide enough and also cute.

On another note I found two new outfits the other day (both capris)! I will wear the skirt I bought for my son's graduation to the exec dinner so I'm set.

I too am on a budget so I bought things that I will be able to wear on a daily basis. My problem is that I am either way too casual or way too dressy. I can't seem to find things inbetween.

That seems to be my problem too.....I think I'm finally set for Conference - but its such a big stressor until I do!

Paige Dixon said:
Yes!!

The denim apron is too casual for booths, even.
I agree. I would love to see them update the look a bit.

AJPratt said:
I agree. I would love to see them update the look a bit.
Umm, the new polka dotted apron would be more modern and up to date, I wish they would have them avail to buy on supply order!!:(

I tend to agree I wish it were a little more classy looking than the demin.... then I again I think we should ahve a few options for the aprons.. ya knwo???

I wonder if we all emaile HO if they would take our suggestions into consideration??!!

That is what I was thinking as well!!!

<h2>1. What should I wear to a meeting room?</h2><p>Light sweater for chilly meeting rooms and comfortable walking shoes are recommended attire.</p><h2>2. What is the dress code for workshops and tours?</h2><p>Workshops and tours are business casual events. Women should wear slacks, skirts, jackets, sweater sets or summer dresses. Men should wear dress pants and dress shirts. Shorts and denim are not appropriate for women or men.</p><h2>3. What should I wear when walking across stage as an achiever?</h2><p>Achievers walking across stage should wear business dress, such as pant or skirt suits, dresses, or suits and ties.</p><h2>4. What is the dress code for Executive Director banquets?</h2><p>Executive Director banquets are often more dressy occasions, but contact your Executive Director for details.</p><h2>5. Is it appropriate to wear evening dresses during the day at Pampered Chef events?</h2><p>Last year, some attendees were seen wearing evening dresses during the day. While it may be a personal preference, it is not a recommended attire for Pampered Chef events.</p>

1. What should I wear to a meeting room?

Light sweater for chilly meeting rooms and comfortable walking shoes are recommended attire.

2. What is the dress code for workshops and tours?

Workshops and tours are business casual events. Women should wear slacks, skirts, jackets, sweater sets or summer dresses. Men should wear dress pants and dress shirts. Shorts and denim are not appropriate for women or men.

3. What should I wear when walking across stage as an achiever?

Achievers walking across stage should wear business dress, such as pant or skirt suits, dresses, or suits and ties.

4. What is the dress code for Executive Director banquets?

Executive Director banquets are often more dressy occasions, but contact your Executive Director for details.

5. Is it appropriate to wear evening dresses during the day at Pampered Chef events?

Last year, some attendees were seen wearing evening dresses during the day. While it may be a personal preference, it is not a recommended attire for Pampered Chef events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • pampchefsarah