• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Idea to Increase Pampered Chef Business - Opinions Wanted!

In summary, the speaker has a large supply of business cards from a past promotion but is now moving and needs to update their contact information. They came up with the idea to add magnets to the cards and distribute them on mailboxes in their area in hopes of gaining more business. However, there is concern about the address still being on the cards. Other suggestions include not putting the address on the cards and offering something else instead. It is also noted that it may be illegal to distribute materials on people's mailboxes.
lbdenton
I need some opinions on this idea, please!

I have a HUGE box of business cards from Merrill. When I first signed up for PC, Merrill had a promotion on business cards, so I got the BIG box of business cards and now have this abundant supply of cards! The problem is that I'm moving, (within the same area) but my address and home telephone # are changing. My cell phone # is on there, along with my email address and website. I DO NOT want to waste all of these cards!!! So, what I've done is take a black Sharpie and mark out my home telephone # that is invalid, but left my other contact info as is.

My idea is to go get a huge roll of magnets from a craft store, and place a little piece on the back of each card. Then, go through the various subdivisions in my area and place my business card on the front of mailboxes. We've had numerous businesses in the area do that to us - even an Avon lady! My hope is that someone will see my card and say "I love Pampered Chef and need 'xyz' or "I've been looking for someone who sells PC!" Again, my cell #, email and website are all on the card! I think that if I got a few orders....or even ONE show from this, it would pay for itself. PLus - the cards are going to be wasted anyways.

My concern is that my address IS on the card. It's still my address for now...but not for long!

What do you think?

Also - Yes, I know that calling customers is the BEST way to get bookings. I've done that...and I have a great show schedule from it!!! And, I'm up-to-date on Customer Care calls, so I'm looking for ANOTHER way to increase my business. I'm ready to go to the NEXT level. I just had my 3rd child - so going out in public with logo wear is only an option, occasionally. My children are not in school, so I don't have that arena to pull from either. Pampering businesses will not work for me at this TIME either...since during the day, I'm pretty much at home and don't have the time to put into that!! So, I'm looking for another way to spread the word that there's a PC consultant around!

Thanks for suggestions and opinions!:)

I don't know how to solve the address problem, but you can get an OfficeMax discount on those magnets and then they are only $4.

Next time, do not put your address on the cards. Offer something else instead. I LIKE BeckyD's "providing mealtime solutions since 2002."

Since this isn't a thread on pampering a business, I won't tell you how it takes 5 minutes to drop off a pan of brownies at the bank.

I don't think you can put anything on people's mailboxes...(illegal)

You could stick them to their door though!!

Yep .... it is illegal. Just looked it up.
Thanks, Kelly!

We sure do have a LOT of people breaking the law around here! I get business cards stuck to my mailbox every week!!!

Thanks for the info, though!

Hi there! First of all, congratulations on your success with Pampered Chef and your growing family! It's always great to hear about consultants who are taking their business to the next level. As for your idea, using magnets to distribute your business cards is definitely a creative and cost-effective way to get your name out there. However, as you mentioned, having your old address on the cards may cause some confusion for potential customers. One suggestion could be to use a label or sticker to cover up the old address and include a note that says "New address coming soon!" or something along those lines. That way, you can still use the cards and distribute them without any confusion. Another idea could be to hold a "moving sale" for your Pampered Chef products. You can use this as an opportunity to not only sell off your old inventory, but also to introduce your new address and contact information to your customers. This could also be a great way to get some new bookings and potentially even recruit new team members. As always, don't forget about utilizing social media to spread the word about your business. You can post about your "moving sale" and your new address on your personal and business pages, and even create a Facebook event to invite your customers and friends to attend. I hope these suggestions help and best of luck with your move and growing your business! Keep up the great work!

What are some effective ways to increase Pampered Chef business?

1. Host virtual parties: With the rise of online shopping and social media, hosting virtual parties is a great way to reach a larger audience and increase sales. Utilize platforms like Facebook, Instagram, or Zoom to connect with potential customers and showcase Pampered Chef products.

2. Offer incentives and promotions: People love a good deal, so consider offering discounts, free shipping, or other promotions to entice customers to purchase. You can also offer incentives for hosting parties or referring friends.

3. Collaborate with influencers: Partnering with influencers who have a strong following and align with the Pampered Chef brand can help increase brand awareness and attract new customers. Consider reaching out to food bloggers, chefs, or lifestyle influencers to showcase your products.

4. Expand your product line: Keep up with current trends and offer a variety of products to appeal to a wider audience. For example, if there is a demand for gluten-free or vegan options, consider adding those to your product line.

5. Utilize customer reviews and testimonials: Positive reviews and testimonials from satisfied customers can be a powerful marketing tool. Encourage your customers to leave reviews on your website or social media pages, and share those reviews with potential customers to build trust and credibility.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • JennLizFran
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • blessedrub