• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Starting a Shave Ice Business: Where Do I Begin?

In summary, to start a shave ice business, you will need a shave ice machine, ice molds, syrup bottles, cups, and spoons. You can find affordable equipment at restaurant supply stores, online marketplaces, or from other business owners. To create a menu, research popular flavors and create a visually appealing menu with specials or seasonal flavors. Obtain necessary permits and licenses before starting your business. Market your business through social media, promotions, and participating in local events.
mattventura
Hi everyone, I am new to the site and I am looking to start my own shave ice business with my niece this summer. I have no idea where to start. Can someone help me out? I need to buy a bunch of stuff but I don't want to dump a lot of money into this. Anyone know a good place to start?

Welcome to CS Matt!

mattventura said:
Hi everyone, I am new to the site and I am looking to start my own shave ice business with my niece this summer. I have no idea where to start. Can someone help me out? I need to buy a bunch of stuff but I don't want to dump a lot of money into this. Anyone know a good place to start?
To say, "u dont want to "dump" a lot of money into it" you are already off to a bad start, my opinon! You cannot think negative let alone not care enough as then it's settig yourself up for failure from the get go and will not succeed. You have to have a passion and "dumping" is not passion!
Good luck to you though!

Not sure this is the forum for you. Maybe instead - check other business startups, or food truck ideas

1. What equipment do I need to start a shave ice business?

To start a shave ice business, you will need a shave ice machine, ice molds, syrup bottles, cups, and spoons. You may also want to invest in a portable cart or stand to sell your shave ice from.

2. Where can I buy affordable equipment for my shave ice business?

You can find affordable shave ice equipment at restaurant supply stores, online marketplaces like Amazon, or directly from the manufacturer. You may also want to consider purchasing used equipment from other shave ice business owners.

3. How do I create a menu for my shave ice business?

Start by researching popular and unique shave ice flavors and combinations. You can also experiment with creating your own flavors. Once you have a variety of flavors, create a menu that is visually appealing and easy to read. Consider offering specials or seasonal flavors to keep your menu fresh.

4. Do I need any permits or licenses to start a shave ice business?

The requirements for permits and licenses vary by state and city. It is important to research and obtain any necessary permits and licenses before starting your business. This may include a food handler's permit, business license, and health department inspections.

5. How can I market my shave ice business?

Start by creating a social media presence for your business and sharing photos and updates with your followers. You can also offer promotions or discounts to attract new customers. Participating in local events or festivals is also a great way to get your business name out there and attract new customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Joyce D
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • 1995tucker
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Natashya Giardina