1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: New Here

1. Mystik

Mystik Member

Hi, I'm Heather and have been a kitchen consultant since March 05. I haven't had much success with it so far, I'm hoping with the new year I'll start having more success. :) So far I have found lots of helpful tips on the board and hope to be able to use some of them in the future.

Dec 29, 2005
  2. DebPC

DebPC Legacy Member Staff Member

Hi Heather,
    Welcome to Chef Success! We wish you lots of success in 2006!

Dec 29, 2005
  3. PampMomof3

PampMomof3 Legend Member Gold Member

Welcome Heather! My first month was April 05 and found this site to be extremely helpful for me. If you need anything, please post your questions here, everyone is quick to respond! :) Good Luck in 2006!

Dec 29, 2005
  4. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

Hi Heather,
    As others have said, you will find lots of ideas and inspiration here, so hopefully that'll help you get some spark back into your business. Good luck to you and Happy New Year! :)

Dec 29, 2005
  5. keril

keril Member

Hi Heather,
    I think you've made a great decision to check out this site and stay with your biz even though it hasn't been all that you'd like it to be in the past 9 months! Do you have a good rapport with your Director? I've been with PC for almost 5 years and a Dir. for 2 and it's really important to reach out to your colleagues, especially your recruiter and Dir. That's what they're for!! Remember, the key to booking shows is doing shows! I know it's a Catch-22 but you really need to get in front of more people. Good luck!

Dec 29, 2005
  6. Mystik

Mystik Member

Thanks for all the welcomes. :)

I do speak with my director and other team members, not as often as I should however. The problem I'm finding is everyone I ask about doing a show, they all tell me no, or give the pat response of "Maybe in the future". I'm having trouble finding people to do shows now. ISo after New Year's I'll need to start getting more aggressive with asking people and getting my name out there.

Dec 30, 2005
  7. keril

keril Member

Is this happening at your shows? Because if you're having fun and making the guests feel comfortable and not pressured, then you will usually get 1-3 bookings at a show. Have you used subtle lines like, "Our hosts don't pay full price for anything for an entire year?" I am one of the few in PC who doesn't use door prize slips because I do a fun game (the left-right game) and give a generous prize to the winner (a Skinny Scraper or Bamboo Spoon Set). Then I ask every single guest who orders. I ask honestly, "Is that a 'no' for not right now, or never?" Or I ask, "What's your hesitation?" Then I can help problem-solve right then and there and get a confirmed booking on my calendar. I just have a feeling that you're not getting yourself in front of the right people. You will if you stick it out though. Trust me.

Dec 30, 2005
Have something to add?