• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the New Rotary Grater Falling Apart?

In summary, some people are having issues with their Rotary Graters. The new Rotary Grater seems to be better, but some people are having problems with the cheese strings getting too long. There may be a solution to the problem of the cheese strings getting too long by cutting the cheese into two pieces.
jbdowd0798
Gold Member
Hi All,

Anyone having issues with their new Rotary Grater?? Mine has fallen apart where the clips are so it won't stay together. I guess I'll do a product adjustment but with this now, I'm not impressed at all with the new products!!!

THANKS!

Becky

this fall line is such a mess.... urgh!

I've been using mine at home and at shows since I got it - no problems here!

I really like the new rotary grater! I just make sure the clips make a "snick" sound when I pop the insert in.
Anyway - grates bigger chucnks of cheese, with less force required, IMO.

I've only tried it once, and I just kept getting strings of cheese. I gave up and pulled out my old deluxe cheese grater. I need to get out the new one and work with it again...

dianevill said:
I've only tried it once, and I just kept getting strings of cheese. I gave up and pulled out my old deluxe cheese grater. I need to get out the new one and work with it again...

That is happening to me too. I DO really like it, but the cheese strings start "braiding" themselves because they are so long and not coming off the grater. Maybe I should try a different type of cheese?

If you'll move the handle back and forth instead of just round and round, it will probably take care of that problem.

Have y'all looked at the grating drum? Check out the "rim" sometime and tell me if you have cheese bits stuck in there... mine was gross! I've scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed with a toothbrush and I cant get the junk out of there.

I love the way it grates parmesan cheese, but I don't think I'd take it to a show in case someone saw how nasty it gets.

dianevill said:

Ok so I do not have this yet but I have read this a few times. What comes to my mind is instead of cutting 1 big chunk of cheese cut 2 and put them both in the hopper. It may help make your "shreds" shorter.

I used it a show fine, washed it, and the grayish colored piece that has the clips on it, came off. I followed directions and everything. Now it won't go back on right and so the clips don't go on all the way. Also when I tried using it the parm. cheese got caught up in the drum. I'll try the back and forth motion when I get the new one.

The long strands don't bother me when I did mozz. and the parm were okay too.

THANKS Everyone!

IAmChefJ said:
Have y'all looked at the grating drum? Check out the "rim" sometime and tell me if you have cheese bits stuck in there... mine was gross! I've scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed with a toothbrush and I cant get the junk out of there.

I love the way it grates parmesan cheese, but I don't think I'd take it to a show in case someone saw how nasty it gets.

I had the same problem with the old one, had to soak forever & scrub w/toothbrush & cheese always getting hung up in it while doing demo - finally gave it up and used the bagged shredded cheese. Sorry, but I just don't like it. Was hoping the new model would be better, guess not.:yuck:

I haven't used mine yet - I'll have to try it and make sure I clean it good! Thanks!

Haven't used mine yet either, but I did put it together and the handle keeps falling off, and yes, I am hearing the click, but it won't stay on. I hardly ever used the DCG and I prob won't use this either. Thinking of putting back in the box and giving away!

I used mine for the first time the other night with Moz. cheese. It seemed like it took a really long time to shredd the entire 8 oz. block. And, I didn't like the long strands, but I was able to shred the whole brick with no freezing, microwaving, or cheese getting stuck inside the drum.

Thinking of putting back in the box and giving away!

I'd do an adjustment. It's a new product - maybe it was a manufacturing defect with a certain batch? If mine stops cilcking together during the guarantee period, I'm returning it. I've used mine 3 times and it's still good, though. Time will tell!

I NEVER sell this to my customers to shred mozzarella cheese. I use it when I want to shred pecorino romano cheese. Works great. Then tell them about chocolate, mints...
Mozz is too sticky unless it is semi frozen before shredding.

I like the way freshly shredded Moz cheese melts better than the pre-shredded Moz. The new grater is supposed to be able to shred soft cheese. It worked. I just didn't like how long it took or the long braided cheese. I haven't needed to try anything else, yet.

I used this on co-jack cheese last night at a show. It worked well, and because of some of the pointers given on here, I used my normal "forward" turn action, but every once in a while I would go backwards for a second. That "cut" the shreds so they didn't get too long!

I used it on Parm cheese the other night (for my parm/garlic/butter noodles) and LOVED the little shreds of cheese! They melted MUCH more smoothly and didn't clump when melting.

I like this newer version, but I will still be "pushing" the MPG for hard cheeses when I am demoing...I will use this for soft cheeses at a show.

***Update***

I did my product adjustment over the phone and told Diane (??) what my problem was. She's shipping me a new one as well as putting in my/our issues with cleaning and what not. She asked me to hang on to it for a week or two as it sounds like the product research team or what ever its called, may want it to check out. :) I love action like that!!! She was great to work with as I ended up with like 2 prod. adj. & 2 comments (tape not holding on boxes & the issue with the grater,etc.)

I LOVE THIS COMPANY!!!

Excellent! They can't read minds - if a grater is bad, you have to call HO and do an adjustment.

I have used mine twice once for colby jack and once for cheddar. The first time I used it with the colby, it shredded the cheese very well, but it did twist into a long strand of cheese. The second time I used it with the cheddar, it tried the forward and then backward grating motion to try and cut the strands. It worked ok...but still was twisting into strands...just not as long as the others...LOL

The Product Information Guide says:

great for hard cheese, like parmesan, and semi-hard cheese like cheddar, monterey, or colby

It also says to grip LOWER on the handle for a smaller grate; use the 'Thumb Grip' to produce LARGER strands.

I have found that it is easier FOR ME to grate backwards and the strands weren't as long

I don't like the new grater at all. The handle keeps falling off. Totally un-usable. Sending it back in a box to pampered chef with a note to keep it. Ut needs a redesign or better manufacturing control.

I don't like the new grater at all. The handle keeps falling off. Totally un-usable. Sending it back in a box to pampered chef with a note to keep it. Ut needs a redesign or better manufacturing control.

1. Why is my new grater falling apart so quickly?

There could be a few reasons for this. It's possible that the grater was damaged during shipping or handling, or that it is made with lower quality materials. Our grater is designed to be durable and long-lasting, so if you are experiencing issues, please contact us for a replacement.

2. Can I return my grater if it falls apart?

Yes, absolutely. We stand behind the quality of our products and offer a satisfaction guarantee. If your grater is falling apart, please contact us for a replacement or refund.

3. Is there a warranty on the grater?

Yes, our grater comes with a limited lifetime warranty. If it falls apart or becomes damaged under normal use, please contact us for a replacement.

4. How can I prevent my grater from falling apart?

To ensure the longevity of your grater, we recommend hand washing it with warm, soapy water and drying it thoroughly before storing. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbing too hard, as this can damage the grater's surface.

5. Can I use my grater for hard cheeses?

Yes, our grater is designed to handle hard and soft cheeses, as well as vegetables and other foods. However, we recommend using caution and not applying too much pressure when grating hard cheeses to avoid damaging the grater.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
saliahkako
  • Michelle K
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Tenille V.