• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the secret ingredient in this delicious glazed pecan recipe?

R
RachelNguyen
Hi all,

I tried the new glazed pecan recipe that is now on the home page of www.pamperedchef.com and I thought I would share the results.

It is delicious! I doubled the recipe to fit into my tiles bowl. There are a couple of things I want to share.

First, make sure the pecans and glaze cook for long enough. If you take them out of the pan to early, they won't harden... but the glaze will stay soft and gummy. I had to put mine back on the stove for another few minutes until the caramel glaze was cooked enough to harden.

Second, for a really exotic taste, add the black pepper and a pinch of cayenne. It adds a fantastic taste and a tiny bit of zing. I think they are really delicious that way!

This is a nice hostess gift recipe. Even if you just bought an inexpensive cup at the dollar store, it would be a great gift.

Rachel

Thanks for posting that Rachel! I have been planning on making them - but been a bit nervous aboout adding pepper - I may just be brave enough now to try it!:eek:

I appreciate your testing the recipe, too! I've used the cayenne pepper in the Cajun Pork Tenderloin recipe, and it does give a zing, so be careful. I definitely plan to try this recipe, after your recommendation.

I too am nervous about using the pepper...it just doesn't sound appetizing to me. This is the recipe I'm going to try...it was posted somewhere else on this site:
1 egg white
1-8 oz. package pecan halves
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. PC cinnamon
Combine all ingredients and bake at 350 degrees on parchment lined bar pan for 18-20 minutes.

I like the idea of sweet rather than spicy...just a personal taste thing!! (I'm a very picky eater!!)

, thank you for sharing your experience with the glazed pecan recipe! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Doubling the recipe to fit into the tiles bowl is a great idea for larger batches. I appreciate your tips on making sure the pecans and glaze cook for long enough to harden properly - that can definitely make a difference in the final result. And the addition of black pepper and cayenne for a little extra kick sounds delicious! I agree, these glazed pecans make for a perfect hostess gift. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and tips with us! Happy cooking!

What is the secret ingredient in this glazed pecan recipe?

The secret ingredient in this glazed pecan recipe is black pepper. It adds a unique and delicious flavor to the pecans.

How long should the pecans and glaze cook for?

The pecans and glaze should cook for long enough to harden. If taken out of the pan too early, the glaze will stay soft and gummy. It is recommended to keep them on the stove for a few additional minutes until the glaze is fully cooked and hardened.

Can I add any other spices to the recipe?

Yes, for a more exotic taste, you can add a pinch of cayenne pepper along with the black pepper. This will add a hint of spiciness to the glazed pecans.

What is your serving suggestion for this recipe?

This glazed pecan recipe makes for a great hostess gift. You can even put them in a cute cup or jar from the dollar store to make a thoughtful and inexpensive gift.

Do you have any other tips for making this recipe?

Make sure to double the recipe if you want to use a larger bowl or container. Also, be sure to cook the pecans and glaze for long enough to reach the desired texture. And don't forget to add the black pepper for a delicious twist!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sklay723
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
bsaxman
  • chefshawna
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DeeDee616
  • ragschef