• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried the new German Chocolate recipe with Jiffy cake mix?

In summary, some people have had trouble finding the Jiffy chocolate cake mix, and others have had success using a mix from a different size or brand.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
Has anyone had any luck finding the Jiffy chocolate cake mix? I've been to 3 stores with no luck. :cry:
TIA

Try getting the Duncan Hines cupcake mix. It would be the right size. They have a yellow mix and a chocolate....I think Devils Food. Most stores I have seen carry those all the time.

I just used half of the larger one (exact amt on recipe) and it turned out great! I figure that if I have a hard time finding it, my guests might too. (saved the rest in a zip bag in the freezer)

sushimommy said:
I just used half of the larger one (exact amt on recipe) and it turned out great! I figure that if I have a hard time finding it, my guests might too. (saved the rest in a zip bag in the freezer)

You can do that too. ;)

I just tried to make one. All I had was the large mix. I didn't use the whole mix and still had to much. It overflowed but when it was done it was really good.

In the SB, under the Cook's Tips, it says:Cook's Tip: If you can't find a small package of cake mix, 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) of devil's food cake mix from a regular-size package can be used. This recipe can be doubled in the Deep Covered Baker. Start with a regular-size package of cake mix. Double the remaining ingredients. Prepare as recipe directs and microwave, uncovered, for 8–10 minutes. This cake can be inverted onto a platter. Prepare the recipe as directed through Step 6. Carefully invert onto the Shimmering Glass Round Platter. Continue as directed in Step 7.

Amanda, that's exactly what I did. Turned out AWEMAZING!!!!!!!!! It is so rich but yummy!

Next time I make it, I would like to try the German cake mix and buy the German chocolate to drizzle on it. I used to make my German chocolate cakes homemade and this one just tasted like Devil's food cake with German chocolate frosting (sort of).

D Levad said:
I just tried to make one. All I had was the large mix. I didn't use the whole mix and still had to much. It overflowed but when it was done it was really good.

Bumping this thread....

This same thing is happening to some friends in my cluster. Any advice? Do you not use all the batter? Is it being mixed too much? Lower the power of the microwave? Anyone make this successfully in the Round Covered Baker? I've only made it doubled in the DCB and it was fine, but the issue seems to be the overflowing as it bakes in the RCB.

I made it last night and had the same thing happen- lava overflow. I used 1 1/2 cup of mix from a regular cake mix (German Chocolate variety- YUM). Made a delicious mess (yes- scraped it up with a spoon ;)). So not sure, interested to see what others have learned also.

What is the New German Chocolate Recipe?

The New German Chocolate Recipe is a delicious and updated version of the classic German chocolate cake. It features a rich and moist chocolate cake layered with a creamy coconut and pecan filling.

What makes the New German Chocolate Recipe different from the traditional version?

The New German Chocolate Recipe uses a combination of buttermilk and coffee in the cake batter, which adds depth and richness to the chocolate flavor. It also includes a touch of espresso powder and vanilla extract in the filling for an extra boost of flavor.

Can I make any substitutions in the New German Chocolate Recipe?

Yes, you can make some substitutions to fit your dietary needs or preferences. For example, you can use almond milk instead of buttermilk, or gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose flour. You can also use unsweetened shredded coconut and reduce the sugar content if you prefer a less sweet cake.

Is the New German Chocolate Recipe difficult to make?

The New German Chocolate Recipe may seem complex, but it is actually quite simple to make. As long as you follow the instructions and use quality ingredients, you will have a delicious cake that will impress your friends and family.

How should I serve the New German Chocolate Recipe?

The New German Chocolate Recipe is best served at room temperature. You can top it with additional pecans or shredded coconut for added texture and flavor. It pairs well with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MissChef
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
tjbussey