• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revamp Your Fries with Our New French Fry Slicer - Spring Launch Special!

Here are all the freebies that were given out at Spring Launch in the US: Great Grilling Recipes, Dijon Mustard Rub, Season's Best, a pack of Mini's, Itty Bitty Bevs margarita mix, and the French Fry Slicer.
sassypip said:
Mine just broke too! :( I got my directors package today and went straight for theFFC! I read the driections and follwed them. THe potatoes I was using were small and not hard. ONe of the metal pieces bent up in the air!! So very sad about this.

Other than that, the fries are a great size and I think It will be a great seller, but I am slightly worried. THis happened on the 4th potato!

Call HO immediately--everyone who is having this happen! If this is common, they need to know so they can evaluate things before the season begins.

I called and am sending it back.

Again, use it wisely and make sure guest read those use and care cards or this too will go away like the Ice Cream Dipper.[/QUOTE]

Ok...I thought the Ice Cream Dipper problem was a manufacturer quality/price issue, not a customer issue.

I heard the french fry cutter will not work on sweet potatoes. Really bummed - love sweet potato fries!

Hmmmm - sounds like the same thing that happened with the veggie slicer blades. Hopefully they get this figured out, and we sell enough - then they can improve on it. The concept is great; let's hope the execution is terrific as well.

Shawnna - It actually was a combination of things. One was that the person who had it explode had put it in the dishwater she was using to wash dishes by hand. It was hot water and may or may not have been over the 140 degree mark as stated in the Use & Care, and it sat in the water long enough to allow the lid to contract and pop off. It is supposed to be washed immediately after use and dried. The manufacturing part was that for years we knew people were not doing as the instructions said but the dipper was not exploding so something changed on some or all of the lids thus making them less secure. It could have been materials or a bad molding. So this did make not using it correctly even a bigger issue. They were right to pull it though. No matter what the circumstances were, if a product is a danger, it needs to be fixed. PC fixed it by finding a new one.

pampered1224 said:
Shawnna - It actually was a combination of things. One was that the person who had it explode had put it in the dishwater she was using to wash dishes by hand. It was hot water and may or may not have been over the 140 degree mark as stated in the Use & Care, and it sat in the water long enough to allow the lid to contract and pop off. It is supposed to be washed immediately after use and dried. The manufacturing part was that for years we knew people were not doing as the instructions said but the dipper was not exploding so something changed on some or all of the lids thus making them less secure. It could have been materials or a bad molding. So this did make not using it correctly even a bigger issue. They were right to pull it though. No matter what the circumstances were, if a product is a danger, it needs to be fixed. PC fixed it by finding a new one.

Very true...I actually missed the "exploding" part somewhere. Wow, that could seriously hurt someone. I loved the old dipper, but to be honest, I was always having to buy a new one because my family would use it and set it in the sink...sometimes in water...and they would never dry it, so it would change colors and look gross. I thought it was just my goofy family, but I guess it was a problem for lots of people. I actually like the new one. I hope it works as well as the old one.

I used the French fry cutter today and it worked great! In the video it says to rock it down all the way on the cutting board and then move to the base to get it the last bit of cutting. Worked easily. That last bit on the base was the hardest but not bad. I did 3 russet potatoes.

They must have run out of french fry slicers - we got the Panini Spatula in Tampa, Fl.

islandgurlchef said:
They must have run out of french fry slicers - we got the Panini Spatula in Tampa, Fl.

If you hit 80% attendance you got one product (panini spatula). If you hit 100% you got two bonus products (panini spatula and french fry cutters).

islandgurlchef said:

I don't think many places hit 100%. We hit 80% in Charlotte and had the Panini Spatula also.

Mine broke on first use. Bumming. did exactly what I was suppose to. Blades don't seem very sturdy . I'm calling HO Monday

kreaser said:
Mine broke on first use. Bumming. did exactly what I was suppose to. Blades don't seem very sturdy . I'm calling HO Monday

This thing isn't sounding too promising. :(

I kept hoping they would give us the extra product for 80%. Last count I heard we were 14 people short of the 80% goal. I was hoping that since we drove through the blizzard to get there they would feel sorry for us! LOL

Crud and I was so hoping to get one for Pat as he kept bugging me about one for seems like forever. Not gonna do it though until I know it is not going to break right away.

I used mine for the first time last night. We used Yukon Gold Potatoes and it worked great! Hope it holds up because we really liked it...and the fries were perfect!

so, should I buy one or wait and see more posts?

This was in this week's Newswire:

French Fry Cutter Tips

Preparing perfectly sized French fries is easy with the NEW French Fry Cutter. To ensure the best results, follow these tips:

• With a knife, cut a slice from the top and bottom of the vegetable to create a flat, even base.
  • Position vegetable vertically on a flat, stable cutting board.
  • Align French Fry Cutter over the center of the vegetable; press down to start cutting. If needed, use a very slight rocking motion. (Note: An exaggerated rocking or twisting motion may cause damage to the blades.) Continue pressing until the French Fry Cutter makes contact with the cutting board.
  • Keeping the French Fry Cutter straight and flat, transfer the food and the French Fry Cutter to the base. Gently lower the French Fry Cutter straight down into the base. With your palms on the top of the handles, push down to release the food. The push pegs in the base will help release foods from the cutter.
  • For best results, use a small to medium-sized russet, red, golden or white potato. Also, you may use other vegetables such as zucchini, jicama, cucumber or yellow squash. Taller vegetables, including larger potatoes, may need to be cut in half or thirds crosswise.
  • Only cut softer foods, such as zucchini, on the base of the French Fry Cutter. Do not cut potatoes on the base.
  • Do not use French Fry Cutter with sweet potatoes, carrots or apples.

For more product tips, visit the Spring Marketing Guide Video Gallery on Consultant''s Corner.

<h2>1. What materials is the French Fry Slicer made of?</h2><p>The French Fry Slicer is made of durable stainless steel, ensuring long-lasting use.</p><h2>2. Can the French Fry Slicer cut other types of vegetables?</h2><p>Yes, the French Fry Slicer can also be used to cut other vegetables such as carrots, zucchini, and sweet potatoes.</p><h2>3. Is the French Fry Slicer dishwasher safe?</h2><p>Yes, the French Fry Slicer is dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleaning.</p><h2>4. How do I prevent the French Fry Slicer from bending or breaking?</h2><p>To prevent any damage to the French Fry Slicer, make sure to use firm pressure when pushing down on the handle and avoid cutting through any large or tough pieces of food.</p><h2>5. What should I do if my French Fry Slicer breaks during use?</h2><p>If your French Fry Slicer breaks during use, please contact our customer service team for assistance with a replacement or refund. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.</p>

1. What materials is the French Fry Slicer made of?

The French Fry Slicer is made of durable stainless steel, ensuring long-lasting use.

2. Can the French Fry Slicer cut other types of vegetables?

Yes, the French Fry Slicer can also be used to cut other vegetables such as carrots, zucchini, and sweet potatoes.

3. Is the French Fry Slicer dishwasher safe?

Yes, the French Fry Slicer is dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleaning.

4. How do I prevent the French Fry Slicer from bending or breaking?

To prevent any damage to the French Fry Slicer, make sure to use firm pressure when pushing down on the handle and avoid cutting through any large or tough pieces of food.

5. What should I do if my French Fry Slicer breaks during use?

If your French Fry Slicer breaks during use, please contact our customer service team for assistance with a replacement or refund. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chellb1234
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • sklay723
  • General Chat
Replies