• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revamp Your Fries with Our New French Fry Slicer - Spring Launch Special!

Here are all the freebies that were given out at Spring Launch in the US: Great Grilling Recipes, Dijon Mustard Rub, Season's Best, a pack of Mini's, Itty Bitty Bevs margarita mix, and the French Fry Slicer.
PC Heather
I was so excited to go to my first spring launch. My son and I made french fries with the new slicer for lunch today. On the 3rd potato it bent and broke and cut my son! Not cool...

Oh so sorry to hear this!!!! I hope that he is ok.

Make sure to read the directions on how to use this properly! I hope he's okay!

Wow, I hope your son is OK, Heather!
And nobody else cuts themselves even after reading the directions:mad:

I know the wedger is really sharp.

Which part broke? Was it the fluted handle or the outside ring?

OMG that is not good! I hope he is OK for sure.

I noticed that the FF cutter is NOT for sweet potatoes....any idea why not? We luv sweet potato fries

Thats terrrible...I hope hes ok.

All of our cutters are so sharp...even the apple wedger. I would call home office and let them know what happened. That way if they need to add something to use and care or check out the quality they can do that.

I noticed in all the demo videos, they only cut the potato about 2/3 way with the cutter - then placed it on the stand and cut down to the end. My kids don't use cutters or knives - table knife at the table only, ages 7 and 8

Sweet potatoes are MUCH harder. I was bummed to see it wouldn't work for those too.Definitely review the Use & Care instructions, and then I would let HO know, especially if you did everything "by the book" (which how hard can it be, right?? If it breaks, it breaks). But they need to know sooner, rather than later, so that if there IS an issue, we find out before it goes to customers. So they would track reports from the field.

the only french fry cutter i've ever had to NOT break is my super duper one....it's on a stand and you push them thru with a handle....it's like restaurants use....EVERY other one i've had has broken....i am hoping the kinks get worked out of ours!!

Oh no! I would definitely cal HO. I was excited to see that but I'd hate to see another flop like the veggie slicer :-(

My concern was how old was the son and would he have had enough leverage to push on the cutter straight down? Hope the son is ok!

ShellBeach said:
Wow, I hope your son is OK, Heather!
And nobody else cuts themselves even after reading the directions:mad:

I know the wedger is really sharp.

Which part broke? Was it the fluted handle or the outside ring?

I was only pointing that out because the directions they have are different than what you would think to do with it. You are suppose to use a slight rocking motion without the base until you are almost all the way through and then add the base.

Sounds like similar to the Pineapple Wedger

I've used it about a dozen times already with no problems. I hope you get yours replaced and that it doesn't happen again.

ShelbyMichalek said:
I've used it about a dozen times already with no problems. I hope you get yours replaced and that it doesn't happen again.

How did you get it so early? I earned SAT and haven't received my box - it hasn't even shipped yet!

she must have been a lucky winner at Spring Launch last week

We all got one at Spring Launch here in Canada! What did people get for freebies in the US?

I was at Lexington, KY and we received the Great Grilling Recipes, Dijon Mustard Rub, Season's Best, and the Itty Bitty Bevs Margarita Mix.

Well... Vancouver did, anyway. Funny, I assumed everybody got the same thing.I came home with the French Fry Slicer, Grilling Cookbook, Dijon Mustard Rub, and Korean BBQ Sauce (which I won in a draw).

St. Louis had 100% attendance so we also received the french fry slicer in our goodie bags.

Yes it was one of the extra free items!

Pooh...we were 80% so we didn't get the FF cutter...that would have been awesome. We got Great Grilling Recipes, Dijon Mustard Rub, Season's Best, and the Itty Bitty Bevs Margarita Mix.

But, free is free and I love any free product they want to give me...lol

Shawnna said:
Pooh...we were 80% so we didn't get the FF cutter...that would have been awesome. We got Great Grilling Recipes, Dijon Mustard Rub, Season's Best, and the Itty Bitty Bevs Margarita Mix.

But, free is free and I love any free product they want to give me...lol

Charlotte was 80% and we also got the panini spatula too.

St. Paul was at 80% and we got: Great Grilling Recipes, Dijon Mustard Rub, Season's Best, a pack of Mini's, Itty Bitty Bevs margarita mix, and the Panini spatula.Karen

monicag said:
St. Louis had 100% attendance so we also received the french fry slicer in our goodie bags.

I was at St. Louis, too! We also received the Panini Spatula as an attendance freebie.

I also won the new Simple Additions Oval Platter in Drawing #3

Baltimore was 80% so we got the Panini Spatula.

I am sad to hear that we can't do sweet potato fries with it. I missed that. What if you par boiled them just enough to soften a little. Think it would work?

scottcooks said:
I noticed in all the demo videos, they only cut the potato about 2/3 way with the cutter - then placed it on the stand and cut down to the end.

My kids don't use cutters or knives - table knife at the table only, ages 7 and 8

Where did you see the demo videos? I didn't see one on the product demo videos in CC.

demo videos are on the Spring Summer 2012 DVD that comes with the changeover kit;)

BethCooks4U said:
I am sad to hear that we can't do sweet potato fries with it. I missed that. What if you par boiled them just enough to soften a little. Think it would work?

my thoughts exactly. may try that as soon as mine arrives! very excited.

Yep. I was in Omaha and we had over 100% attendance.
Where did you see the demo videos? I didn't see one on the product demo videos in CC.
When they demonstrated it on screen at Launch. And it also says in the directions on the card that comes with the cutter that you should do it about 2/3 down just on the cutting board and then put it on top of the base. :)

doughmama said:
my thoughts exactly. may try that as soon as mine arrives! very excited.

I wonder if you could microwave the sweet potato for a minute to soften it first and then make french fries?

ChefBevShu said:
I was at Lexington, KY and we received the Great Grilling Recipes, Dijon Mustard Rub, Season's Best, and the Itty Bitty Bevs Margarita Mix.

This is what we received in CT along with the think that you use to slice wraps (sorry, can't remember what it's called!).

Yes, we got the panini spatula too. I missed it on my original post.

Shawnna said:
Yes, we got the panini spatula too. I missed it on my original post.

Oh yes! That's what it's called, lol. I'm looking forward to trying those paninis! you can show lots of products with that! I loved the "it's a wrap" video! Lisa is too funny!

Brenda.the.chef said:
I wonder if you could microwave the sweet potato for a minute to soften it first and then make french fries?

Doubtful. Sweet potatoes take a bit to get them to soften. I suppose someone can try it and let us know. But personally- I'd make sure it didn't break on a regular potato FIRST, based on the original post, before I tried using it on something specifically told NOT to use it on. :D

esavvymom said:
Doubtful. Sweet potatoes take a bit to get them to soften. I suppose someone can try it and let us know. But personally- I'd make sure it didn't break on a regular potato FIRST, based on the original post, before I tried using it on something specifically told NOT to use it on. :D

Oh, that's for SURE! I wnder though... the video says you can do jicama and that is a very firm vegetable too... I have as much trouble cutting that as a raw sweet potato...

I love both sweet potato and jicima. For sure they are both hard as rocks at times. So I wonder why one and not the other.

pampered1224 said:
I love both sweet potato and jicima. For sure they are both hard as rocks at times. So I wonder why one and not the other.

I bet if you emailed the test kitchen....Chef Damien would answer and let you know. :)

Good Idea bobbi! How is it you can still think this late? My mind is getting foggier. (Note: foggier! I am naturally that way so...) (In fact I just back spaced in foggier because I spelled faggier!) GEEZ! I gotta go before I really get goofy!

pampered1224 said:
Good Idea bobbi! How is it you can still think this late? My mind is getting foggier. (Note: foggier! I am naturally that way so...) (In fact I just back spaced in foggier because I spelled faggier!) GEEZ! I gotta go before I really get goofy!

OOOhh I just died laughing. LOL!!!

When they demonstrated it on screen at Launch. And it also says in the directions on the card that comes with the cutter that you should do it about 2/3 down just on the cutting board and then put it on top of the base. :)[/QUOTE]

I wonder if that would work for the Veggie Wedger, too. I have chunks sliced out of mine from folks not having it lined up right when they push down through the veggies :cry: I think I am going to start trying that.

My director package of products was waiting for me when I got home from Toledo Launch Sat. nite along with my products of having 2 shows for Dec..whooohooo...so I got to play a little but I was soooo tired and not feeling good!!! Waiting patiently for Sell a thon as there are products coming in that grouping that Directors did not receive in their packages...they seemed to have really changed it up a bit this year, from most in not getting quite a few of the products in director packages this year. Oh well... I am still grateful for all I receive!!!!

cochef said:
I wonder if that would work for the Veggie Wedger, too. I have chunks sliced out of mine from folks not having it lined up right when they push down through the veggies :cry: I think I am going to start trying that.

I doubt it will work like you are hoping. Unlike the pineapple or french fry cutter- the veggie wedger blade is curved significantly, versus more flat/even. You wouldn't get very far into the veggie before having to move it to the base, and then you still have the issue with them lining it up correctly.

ShelbyMichalek said:
OOOhh I just died laughing. LOL!!!

i will confess....i snorted diet dr. pepper out of my nose john...:eek:
thank you :D:D:D

Here is the response I got from the Test Kitchens about why jicama and not sweet potatoes. "Hi John,Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef with your product question.
Through testing, we were not able to slice through sweet potatoes,
whether they were par-cooked in the microwave or cut down in
size/height. When jicama was peeled, cut in half and then trimmed to fit
in the cutter blades, we were able to slice through acceptably. We found
jicama was softer than the sweet potatoes, since it contains more water.I am really glad that you like the French Fry Cutter. I am really
excited about TPC launching it! I hope I answered your question
acceptably. If you have any further questions, please feel free to
contact us again."Again, use it wisely and make sure guest read those use and care cards or this too will go away like the Ice Cream Dipper.

Thanks for sharing their response, John! It does make sense now that I hear them explain it. Bummer though. :( I really love sweet potatoes.

Yeah me too. Oh well, I guess it is better to know not to do that rather than loosing a hand or fingers trying!

Mine just broke too! :( I got my directors package today and went straight for theFFC! I read the driections and follwed them. THe potatoes I was using were small and not hard. ONe of the metal pieces bent up in the air!! So very sad about this.

Other than that, the fries are a great size and I think It will be a great seller, but I am slightly worried. THis happened on the 4th potato!

<h2>1. What materials is the French Fry Slicer made of?</h2><p>The French Fry Slicer is made of durable stainless steel, ensuring long-lasting use.</p><h2>2. Can the French Fry Slicer cut other types of vegetables?</h2><p>Yes, the French Fry Slicer can also be used to cut other vegetables such as carrots, zucchini, and sweet potatoes.</p><h2>3. Is the French Fry Slicer dishwasher safe?</h2><p>Yes, the French Fry Slicer is dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleaning.</p><h2>4. How do I prevent the French Fry Slicer from bending or breaking?</h2><p>To prevent any damage to the French Fry Slicer, make sure to use firm pressure when pushing down on the handle and avoid cutting through any large or tough pieces of food.</p><h2>5. What should I do if my French Fry Slicer breaks during use?</h2><p>If your French Fry Slicer breaks during use, please contact our customer service team for assistance with a replacement or refund. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.</p>

1. What materials is the French Fry Slicer made of?

The French Fry Slicer is made of durable stainless steel, ensuring long-lasting use.

2. Can the French Fry Slicer cut other types of vegetables?

Yes, the French Fry Slicer can also be used to cut other vegetables such as carrots, zucchini, and sweet potatoes.

3. Is the French Fry Slicer dishwasher safe?

Yes, the French Fry Slicer is dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleaning.

4. How do I prevent the French Fry Slicer from bending or breaking?

To prevent any damage to the French Fry Slicer, make sure to use firm pressure when pushing down on the handle and avoid cutting through any large or tough pieces of food.

5. What should I do if my French Fry Slicer breaks during use?

If your French Fry Slicer breaks during use, please contact our customer service team for assistance with a replacement or refund. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chellb1234
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • sklay723
  • General Chat
Replies