• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shop the Latest Fall Products on Ebay - Roasting Pans and More!

In summary, two of the new fall items for sale are the Roasting Pan and the woven basket. The Roasting Pan is selling for $38 on Ebay, which is more than the original price. The woven basket is only available at the National Conference in July and is selling for $50.
I personally don't care if people sell our stuff on EBAY. What I don't get though is that if they are consultants, and you can usually tell whether they are or not, more than half of what I've seen out there, even with shipping, goes for usually quite a bit less than what the true cost is.

For example, I saw a Chillzanne platter out there that ended at 16.50. Shipping was 9.95. The total, then, would have been 26.45. Well, in order for the consultant to order it, have it go toward her sales, she would have to pay 30.00, plus direct shipping of 7.50. That's a deficit of $11.05 plus EBAY fees of about .75. Even after her commission, she ends up PAYING to sell that item. I don't get it.

Only once in awhile do I ever see things that go higher than what the PC price for the item is. Usually it's the small stuff too - like I saw a mini serving spatula go for 5.00 plus shipping once.

All I have to say is WOW! I am glad that I work with men and women who love the PC as much as I do! Thank you for defending our company with wonderful words! It is sad that there will always be people that find a way around the rules designed to protect the values of the company. We all know that Doris founded this company on values. Like some of you said above, the end does not justify the means! :(

I am as well a stay at home mom of 3, I gave birth to 2 and married the other! ha ha...sorry had to lighten the tone a little. :p But seriously, the PC has been amazing for my family and I! I couldn't imagine my life without the PC. PC paid for all of my daughter's medical bills, has paid for the birth of my son, along with truck payments, 4-wheeler payments, house payments, grocery bills and now pre-school and music lessons! Life is just easier for my family with the PC.

I also feel wonderful that my daughter and son are learning goal setting and that hard work pays off. I set regular goals and acheive them. My daughter just turned 3 and the PC has been a part of her life since she was 6 weeks old! She can not read yet...but she recognizes the PC logo! :D She also knows that PC took her to see those Disney Princesses and in my little princesses eyes, that is what counts! :)

Thank you again for all believing in the Pampered Chef the way I do! Thank you Crystal for asking! Thank you Doris for creating such an amazing opportunity and company! And thank you Warren Buffet for believing in the Pampered Chef and leaving the company unchanged!

check on amazonHey you think ebay is bad...look on amazon.com......someone is selling everything in the catalog at full price. just search under "chef" I sat here with the catalog in hand and checked the prices. :eek:

Outside the lawI have read through all of these posts and decided not to respond until Lori's post. I have boycotted Ebay personally. I know that would be difficult for some of you (it is quite addicting), but I think it would be a strong move if we would no longer support their site and pass the word around. As consultants we are at least 80,000 strong!

Anyway...I checked out the Amazon.com thing. The person responsible has been with PC over 13 years. Have you guys heard of Chris Manion. She is quite a big dog. I sent her an email through her website which was posted there. I didn't get nasty or accusatory. I simply asked her how she was able to advertise her business on Amazon.com. I stated that as consultants we were not allowed to do this and how she was able to. Here is her website. www.pamperedchef.biz/chrismanion

It is irksome what people will do to try to have an edge. That Ebay store owner that posted here obviously felt guilty about what she was doing, but has justified it to herself. She believes she is without reproach. I guess that is how criminals are able to commit their crimes...they don't see any reason why they shouldn't do what they want to do.

I used to get really mad when I would see people selling PC on ebay and would email them. But I had to stop. I was wasting my resources on someone who is too thickheaded to see reason. I put all that focus in working my business and it has paid off. Eventually the people who frequent Ebay will see the error of their ways. When they do, we'll be there. Right Ladies (and gentlemen)?

I haven't looked at amazon.com to search for what you guys have referred to, but was curious if Chris Manion was just advertising on there or is she actually selling products on amazon? She is a National Senior Executive Director (the highest director level) and they are allowed to advertise on the internet, as well as list themselves in internet search engines (I have no idea how you would do this....maybe it happens automatically when you advertise?). I know of several Senior Executive Directors and higher who do this. Actually, it says in Recipe for Success that Executive Directors and above MAY list and link to their personal PC website in internet directories and search engins. There are also certain links and things that they can have approved through Corporate Communications.

I guess those big wigs get have earned it! :)

I guess that's what she'll say if and when she responds to me.

She is actually selling products on Amazon.com

Wow, I'm baffled. I'll be interested to hear what her reply is!

I think we all need to settle down and calm ourselves. If Chris is a NSED then she can do what she is doing on Amazon. She has earned that right just like we will have when that day comes.

I myself thought ebay was wonderful until I started getting ripped off. When I first started I saw all the discontinued stuff on Ebay and thought wow! I never bought because like I said I get ripped and never win the bids. Lucky me because I wouldn't get the guarantee and the consultant doesn't get commission. Whenever I need something I put in a request to my director and she sends a shout out to our cluster. Usually it is taken care of in one day.

I do this because I love it and it fits with my family. I am doing very well with my buisness and I hope you all are too.

Let's just take it easy and report what we feel is right to HO and stop all the childish stuff. We are strong women and men who love what we do. We can't let those who do us wrong get to us!

Chris Manion is my Executive Director. And yes, she is a National Senior Executive Director!! She is allowed to advertise on the web, as stated above. She can have a link to her website and sell products that way! She just can not have products listed on E-bay etc.

Can't wait till I can advertise online! Can't wait to be an Executive!

Last edited:
fruit76loop said:
Chris Manion is my Executive Director. And yes, she is a National Senior Executive Director!! She is allowed to advertise on the web, as stated above. She can have a link to her website and sell products that way! She just can not have products listed on E-bay etc.

Can't wait till I can advertise online! Can't wait to be an Executive!
I can't wait until my business is at that point too! :) The only reason I was baffled about the original post about Chris (I'm in IL and I've been lucky enough to go to some multi-cluster meetings and some "Entree to Success" trainings -or whatever they were called back when they had those- where she was featured and she's AMAZING) was because it sounded like she was listing items for SALE on Amazon. I completely realize she can advertise on there, but was just surprised to read she had things for sale on there. Maybe I'm just confused. (Wouldn't be the first time :D )

Oh well, it's just my curiousity I guess. I agree, we are a bit fired up about about some of these recent threads, but like everything else, I'm sure it'll die down after a while.

I found a shop on Amazon called iron-range_sales zShop they sell all kinds of pampered chef items. For the what seems like the same prices in the catalogs. :eek:

Okay this is it!This is my last post on this subject unless Chris responds to my email. Then I'll share with you what she says. But I imagine it will just be stating the rules like Becky pointed out.

I feel I have to say that asking someone a pertinant question is okay and not childish. I didn't hunt her down or stalk her to get her info. She has her info on her website for that purpose. I wasn't petty or pesty. I asked a simple question in order to gain some clarification.

I can only speak to my own actions. I am posting this in response to what someone said after my first tenative post on this subject.

This is a topic that obviously carries alot of emotion for some of us. I wish you luck in your businesses fellow PCs.

Wow, and they are using Pampered Chef pics and descriptions. Those are copyrighted and can get you into bigtime trouble. I don't think they will last long now.

I'm confused. Did they delete someone's post off this thread? I was reading through the whole thread and couldn't figure out who some of the post's were talking too.

yes they did the gal that owns one of the ebay store came hear because she heard we had posted about her. So she posted here. I think to either justify herself or to further upset of some of us. My guess is they removed her posts since she isn't a PC consultant she just buys her stuff from a consultant. That and she came here to basically attack us. I have just sat back and read till now. I feel that no matter what we say or do some people are still going to sell the products that way. But I have to say I've used ebay for supplies before myself. Alot of us want to have bags, shirts, extra supplies, etc and it is cheaper to get them used on ebay.

I was wondering what happened to pcsalesgrl posts. like I said to her , what comes around goes around. :

Last edited:
I deleted my posts because some people are really psycho and I got sick of getting threatening messages. I did turn the people in, but it gets really old. People think reselling PC on ebay is so bad that it justifies threatening someone's life or their family. People really do freak out waaay too much.

Anyway, I just thought I would mention that the show to go sets are going for upwards of $400 on ebay, so just thought I'd mention that so you might be able to make a little extra Christmas dough.

One of my consultant friends has a bunch of her consultant only stuff listed if any of you are looking for supplies, aprons, the show to go bags, charms, etc. One of the ebay item #'s is 4417981890.

BTW, ALL of the consultants I buy from earned all three sets of bags, and all the charms, all incentives, etc. So I guess it really is a win-win situation, huh?

this is from the PC websiteI am just trying to hrlp clarify the rules for advertising to those that are confused but I agree it depends how you interpurt them.

Internet/Web: Advertising and Publicity

Consultants, Future Directors, Directors, Advanced Directors and Senior Directors are allowed to have personal Web sites through www.pamperedchef.biz to promote their business.

You are allowed to use the company name as part of your title in email signatures, e-newsletters, e-fliers, etc., to promote your business, as long as you act in accordance with all other guidelines.

Example email signature:
Mary Smith
Independent Kitchen Consultant
The Pampered Chef
www.pamperedchef.biz/marysmith

You may list your personal www.pamperedchef.biz Web site address in email, on business cards, checks, stationery, other similar materials, and in print advertising and publicity as long as you act in accordance with all other guidelines.

You may not list, advertise or publicize your Pampered Chef personal Web site on any Web site other than The Pampered Chef's corporate site.

Spamming is not allowed. You should not purchase lists for email marketing purposes.

You may only set up a chat room or email newsgroup to communicate solely with other Pampered Chef Consultants about the business. You may not mention, advertise or promote your Pampered Chef business on any chat rooms other than those created for communicating with other Kitchen Consultants.

Other than signing up for a Pampered Chef personal Web site or approved vendor sites like Nancy's Artwork, Town & Country or VIP, you are not allowed to list the company name when filling out personal profiles on the Internet.

You are not allowed to sell any Pampered Chef products - current or discontinued - through online auction houses (like eBay.com) or on any Web site other than your Pampered Chef personal Web site.

Executive Director and above Same as Kitchen Consultants through Senior Directors, with these additions.

Executive Directors and above may list and link to their personal Pampered Chef Web site in Internet directories or search engines.

With approval from the Corporate Communications Department, you may have an outside organization provide a link to your personal www.pamperedchef.biz Web site. Corporate Communications may be contacted via email at [email protected] or phone at (630) 792-7610.

The Home Office will not approve links from the following types of organizations: political, cause-related or any the Home Office deems to be inconsistent with The Pampered Chef's brand image and reputation. The only exceptions will be:

Our charitable giving partners.
Fund-raisers deemed to be consistent with The Pampered Chef's brand image and reputation.

If Executive Directors and above require more functionality or storage than the Pampered Chef Personal Web Sites provide (for instance, to train your Cluster), you may utilize a Web site that you develop. You may mention The Pampered Chef®, but you may not use the company logo or sell product from this site and you must identify yourself as an Independent Executive Director (or appropriate title) for The Pampered Chef®. You may also link from this site to your personal www.pamperedchef.biz site.

Any Executive who develops his/her own site must notify Corporate Communications of its address and agree to shut it down if the Home Office, in its sole discretion, deems any content inconsistent with The Pampered Chef's brand image and reputation.

Corporate Communications can be reached via email at [email protected] or phone at (630) 792-7610.

Last edited:
Hi, not sure if this is against the PC rules or not, but I should think not since it would be a verbal referral. I often have people wanting to buy item from me that I do not have on hand and they want it quickly. If any of you have a personal website that people can order through, I can give the people your website to order through. You might check and make sure this is okay and if so, just post your website address and I will give it to customers that are wanting to place order and don't mind paying full price. Many people don't know about personal websites that they can place an individual order through. Just thought I would offer that if anyone is interested.

ebayI have been buying retired things from ebay such as clothing, pins,and cookie molds. I did buy a lot of PC utenciles that I didn't have to enhance my shows. I figure if you can get it cheaper somewhere elso....go for it. With being fresh to the biz I am able to get stuff I need at deep discounts. Who wants to dump alot of money into the biz from the start? not meeee.I am shopping ebay to help with my business. :)

kitchenwitchlady said:
I have been buying retired things from ebay such as clothing, pins,and cookie molds. I did buy a lot of PC utenciles that I didn't have to enhance my shows. I figure if you can get it cheaper somewhere elso....go for it. With being fresh to the biz I am able to get stuff I need at deep discounts. Who wants to dump alot of money into the biz from the start? not meeee.I am shopping ebay to help with my business. :)

I guess it all depends on your morals then.

If we're not supposed to be selling things online then certainly the people selling the PC stuff aren't either. I suppose if it's a one off type of thing (Like someone selling stuff so they can move, but aren't related to PC in anyway) then I would perhaps look at it, but it is worth checking out whether or not they are selling TONNES of PC stuff, because then I would think there was something fishy going on!

EbayAll of the people I am purchusing from are individuals that are out of the biz or people cleaning out their house. I would not buy stuff from a vendor when I can purchase it myself. Everything I buy is used. I am not doing anything unethical. It is like going to a yard sale and buying other peoples stuff. :D

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Shelbi
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies