1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: New fall products on ebay

1. luvs2sellit

luvs2sellit Advanced Member

Just thought I would tell all of you that I just saw 2 of the roasting pans on ebay!! :eek: The same person (which we all know has to be a consultant) also has several of the other new fall items for sale.

Aug 7, 2005
  2. PamperedEsther

PamperedEsther Member

Ooh I get so frustrated!

When I'm on ebay & find that sort of thing. I do admit to purchasing a couple PC products on ebay, but only discontinued items from before I joined. Some consultants even list their websites on there...

Esther

3. dawn424383

dawn424383 Member

There was a discussion about this on another PC board. It was suggested that when we see consultants selling things like this on e-bay, to report it to HO and let them take care of it. I also tell customers that buying PC products on e-bay is certainly no bargain. Many times, the items sell for more than the original price, and after adding S&H, it's really a big rip-off. Besides that, you don't get the PC guarantee, which is what sets us apart from all the rest. Other than that, there is not much we can do, except keep on selling PC the honest way, and feel good about ourselves when we look in the mirror each day.

Aug 7, 2005
  4. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

items on ebay

I was looking on e-bay last night and i couldnet believe that the patriotic table cloth was selling for 30 dollars i about died

Aug 8, 2005
  5. DZmom

DZmom Veteran Member

I'm the SNITCH!

I just went on ebay and copied down the people selling the new stuff online and TURNED THEM IN!!!! :D Take that. Those consultants are ruining everyone else's sales. Who's going to want to have show if they can get the new Roasting Pan for $38 on Ebay! I mean really. If I wasn't a consultant I would tempted. So, if it's anyone on this board guess what?
    YOU'RE BUSTED

Aug 8, 2005
  6. chefbilyeu

chefbilyeu Member

Way to go Donna!

Aug 8, 2005
  7. chefloriray

chefloriray Guest

I cant believe this!!! I just went on ebay and there is a store called 321_save. It says "we carry every product from the Pampered Chef catalog, visit our store for monthly specials." So i checked it out and it was advertising that if you spend $50 on products you can choose one of the cookbooks for free!!!! How in the world can they do that?

Aug 16, 2005
  8. kitchenqueen

kitchenqueen Member

I couldn't believe it either!

:eek: OH MY GOSH! I wanted to see this for myself, so I went on ebay and I couldn't beleive what I saw either! :mad: That sort of stuff really ticks me off! I would be even more mad if I knew for a fact that I was loosing shows because of these consultants....or soon to be former consultants - Thanks to Donna!! Way to go!! I sure hope HO takes action.

Aug 16, 2005
  9. D_Patel

D_Patel Member

I have reported people to BUT

unfortunatly some will not get caught , they explained to me how some consultants do it. They are under a friends Ebay account so there name (the consultant ) is not showing anywhere on Ebay. SO basically the friend gets all the orders on Ebay for the consultant and then the consultant submits as a show. That is how they are getting away with it. So they are also getting more free products as they are submitting lots of shows, getting host benefits as well.

Aug 16, 2005
  10. PampMomof3

PampMomof3 Legend Member Gold Member

Last edited: Aug 17, 2005
    Aug 17, 2005
  11. dianevill

dianevill Senior Member Gold Member

Perhaps this one can be stopped

IF this seller isn't a friend selling for a consultant and really is a consultant herself, her name is Lori and she's from La Vista, NE. that shouldn't be too hard for the Home Office to find, so I forwarded the link to HO. I suggest everyone keep doing the same when they come across these things. The bid on the basket is up to $30 with 7 days left! And 6 bidders already!

I also sent the seller a note ("ask seller a question") and informed her that I forwarded her info to the Home Office.

Let's get these people off of e-Bay!

Diane

Aug 17, 2005
  12. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

Good for you, Diane! Let us know what, if anything, comes out of it!

13. pamperedkay

pamperedkay Novice Member

ebay items

I agree. You know these people have to be pretty active to have all the new stuff. And who would of spent the money to go to conference and receive the woven basket and now quit. If they want to sell this stuff maybe they should just sell it us consultants. They have to be getting this stuff free or how could they sell it for what they do. Lets keep sending stuff to the home office!!! :mad: :)

Aug 18, 2005
  14. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

HO has a way of tracking these people down once they get a name to start with. However, it takes time. While I was a conference I spoke with a lady who lost a member of her downline because the lady was having/letting a relative in Florida sell PC products on a website. A director saw the website, called and talked to them then sent their info to HO. HO quickly found out where she was getting her products, compared it to the consultants orders, and the consultant lost her business.

Before sending information to HO maybe we should contact the seller, as if we are a buyer, and ask if they are a consultant and if they are could they send a catalog, so I can see all the products and place an order.

It is frustrating that people do this. But, I think we are really going to have to choose to not focus on them and focus on our businesses. It is a proven fact that "what goes around, comes around". Any time you do things you shouldn't do, it will eventually come back and "bite you in the rear".

Keep telling your customers about our wonderful guarantee and mention that the only way to have that guarantee is to purchase products directly from a consultant. You don't even have to mention ebay unless they ask about it.

Anyway, just my 2 cents worth.

Shawnna

Aug 18, 2005
  15. kitchenqueen

kitchenqueen Member

Did you see that??

I was just reading through some of the posts I haven't read and saw the link. :eek: OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! Did you see the buy it now price for the medium square?!?!?!??! Yeah, they are alittle on the pricey side but $125.00!!!!! And for a BASKET????? What is this consultant on???!?!?

I agree Shawnna - What goes around comes around! I've always been a big believer in that!!

Aug 18, 2005
  16. dianevill

dianevill Senior Member Gold Member

The Consultant's Basket Has Been Removed

I just checked e-Bay, and the seller listing the consultant basket only has removed the item from auction.

I also received a thank you note from field services, so my guess is that they found her.

Diane

Aug 18, 2005
  17. Shawnna

What is really sad about selling consultant only items is the fact that there are tons of consultants who didn't earn the incentive that would love to have it. And, then they sell it for an outrageous price. Hello...it was given to you FREE! You worked hard to earn it so I wouldn't say give it away, but lets be reasonable.

Shawnna

Aug 18, 2005
  18. chefloriray

chefloriray Guest

Way To Go Diane!!! I Hope That Is The Case!

Aug 18, 2005
  19. gbirkes

gbirkes Novice Member

I just clicked on the link and went to see the other items this person has for sale. SHE IS USING THE PC WEBSITE PICTURE OF THE LARGE GROOVED CUTTING BOARD. :mad: I am pretty sure that whether she is a consultant or not she is NOT allowed to use the pics from the PC website!!!!

Actually she is stealing lots of PC pictures!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Aug 18, 2005
  20. chefloriray

chefloriray Guest

They use the PC website pictures or from the catalog all the time!! And like someone said earlier, they are already selling things they have just earned! It makes me more mad the longer I think about it...especially if people think they are getting a good "deal" because they bought it off ebay!

Aug 18, 2005
  21. i have noticed the same thing and have actually had guests at shows tellme they have order this item or that off of e-bay,for less but i also tell them they are not getting the wonderful guarantee that is offered. which means if it get broken in shipping, they are SOL. not only that, the prices rise conseiderably within the last couple of ours usually so they really arent getting such a good deal. but i make me mad too, because they are taking money out of our pocket and the company. i have even looked at the shipping prices on some of the items that are but it now and they are the exact same shipping prices that are on the back of the order for. it makes me mad, but i know they will get what comes. Cheaters never win and winners never cheat. we must be WINNERS :)

22. gbirkes

gbirkes Novice Member

The box below contains the User IDs that this member has used on eBay.
    User ID Effective Date End Date

kittykatluver71 Jul-15-05 Present
    loriannvan Nov-12-02 Jul-15-05

I was reading some of her negative buyer comments and they said that she didn't respond or send their items.
    She responded to several of them dated last month that she was in Orlando on vacation and that is why she didn't respond. It sounds to me like she is definetely a consultant. I hope HO finds her and removes her from the business for good.

Aug 18, 2005
  23. Shawnna

There are a ton of pc products on ebay. I sometimes browse looking for consultant supplies or old discontinued items, but almost everything says NIB. And, there were several listings for the new Fall products. I played devils advocate and emailed a few of them.

I asked one who was selling a sifter if that was in one of the surprise packs from conference. She emailed back "I don't know, I am listing this for someone else and she didn't give me that information".

I asked another one if she earned those table linens for June sales.

I told another one that the item he was selling was not even available until September and that the home office was closely checking internet auction sites for consultants who were not following home office guidelines.

Sometimes its fun to play devil's advocate to see how people squirm. I am not even worried about them selling there because I know HO will catch them and they will get their dues. But, it was fun to look anyway.

Shawnna

Aug 18, 2005
  24. ladybug

ladybug Member

I'm confused!

How would a consultant be able to submit this as a show? :confused: I totally do not see the connection...I'm thinking an order on ebay goes through ebay, not PC, so how could you submit it under the prices that PC are selling them for??
    Please explain...just for the sake of understanding!!

BTW, this whole thing is pretty disgusting...I am often bewildered at how people can turn anything dishonest...while you wouldn't even THINK of doing something like this, somebody out there is DOING it!! Unbelievable!

Aug 18, 2005
  25. D_Patel

D_Patel Member

The consultant would collect the orders received from her friend on ebay , and then submit it as a show.That is what Ebay responded to me , i tried to turn someone in , she was not linked to PC at all so the guy from Ebay told me it must be a friend of a consultant. This lady was a Ebay power seller to ! All she sold was PC products.I dont understand how she does it either her prices were lower than the catalog. It will all catch up to them in th end i hope !

Aug 18, 2005
  26. proudmama02

proudmama02 Member

It seems that some things are cheaper,yet they make up for it in the S/H

Aug 18, 2005
  27. chefloriray

chefloriray Guest

I played devils advocate too. I emailed someone and asked how they were able to get those linens before they went on sale in September. She said "my sister in law is a director so she I am lucky." So I guess in all honesty...if the director gets everthing free for being a director and then hitting the levels and getting another set free...she can give it to her sis-in-law and she can do whatever she pleases with it. Not quite sure if that is what is happening but...

Aug 18, 2005
  28. Shawnna

I received an email from a man that I had told that the microplane was not even available till September and that PC was looking at ebay to catch consultants...

Anyway, his response was "That's okay. I'm not a consultant. I don't believe in those "work you tail off so someone else can get rich" deals." So, my guess is that he is just taking orders on ebay and then submitting it to a consultant as an order or show.

These consultants think they are going around the rules by letting someone take orders this way because they are not actually doing it. But, the HO will eventually trace it back to the consultant and she/he will lose her/his business because they are involved and know that is against HO policy to sell this way. Only consultants are allowed to sell.

If you take orders this way, wait for HO to ship your products and then mail them out to your customer, it is taking a long time for the customer to get their products. This could give PC a bad reputation if people are not understanding that they are not buying from a consultant directly.

Shawnna

Aug 19, 2005
  29. Happy Mom

Happy Mom Member

I thought it was odd that ebay had new items that don't debut until September. There will always be people who take shortcuts in life. Hopefully they will be caught by the Home Office.

Technically the consultants selling on ebay are breaking their contract with PC, and if the Office is monitoring the site, there could be legal action against them.

Gues we will have to wait and see.

Aug 19, 2005
  30. This is just my thought to how they are selling them so cheaply, maybe they are using thier personal discount for personal items??? Who knows. It makes me so mad when I see that stuff on e-bay!!!! :mad: :mad:

Aug 21, 2005
  31. whitetiger

whitetiger Member Gold Member

e-bay

what goes around comes around.....they will get caught

Aug 21, 2005
  32. I hate to hear that kind of stuff too! but I'm with you let's keep on selling our products the right way. :cool:

Aug 23, 2005
  33. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

I wrote to kittykatluver71 and asked "how is it that you can sell an item available only to consultants? And ethical consultants are barred from selling on eBay? Many consultants who earned this product rightfully are curious. I (we) await your reply." We'll see if they have the integrity or fortitude to answer.

Aug 23, 2005
  34. Shawnna

Scott:

I emailed one person who was selling the linen set...among other things. I asked her if she earned that in June for sales. Her repy was:

"No, I did not. I am not a consultant". She seemed offended that I would ask such a thing.

For the most part, these are not consultants. They obviously have a consultant supplying them. And, I guess if they purchase from a consultant...for whatever amount...they can do whatever they want to with the product. I don't see how PC can regulate what a non-consultant does. However, any consultant who knowingly supplies products for someone to sell on ebay, or anywhere else is wrong. They are technically going around the HO guidelines, but they are really conducting their business in an unethical way. One way or another, they will end up on the losing end of the situation. How sad that they don't see it.

Shawnna

Aug 23, 2005
  35. chefloriray

chefloriray Guest

I had e-mailed kittykatluver earlier. She said her sis in law is a director so I am sure the sis in law is getting double and giving them to kitty kat to do as she pleases with it. Just my thoughts

Aug 23, 2005
  36. Carol Waggoner

Carol Waggoner Novice Member Gold Member

Bad People!

Why do they have to sell our stuff on eBay? I noticed it BEFORE we even went to conference 3 that the stuff was on there. It makes me sooooo mad- I can sort of understand discontinued products here and there (especially if it is a cleanin' out the closet thing...) but not BRAND spankin' new stuff that we can't even submit for orders yet. You're right- what comes around....

37. chefbilyeu

chefbilyeu Member

You know, I looked on Ebay recently at a lady's store she had set up. I looked at her feedback, and she had ship times of 3 days. She must be buying stock of each product. But what made me laugh was that these people thought they were getting such a deal on these products. They might save a few bucks on the bidding price, but they are more than making up for it in the shipping costs. Plus, even if they buy something for $5 less than the original price, they aren't getting the warantee!! I saw one lady who's feedback said "I've found a new place to buy Pampered Chef", but yet she had bought the pink Quick Stir Pitcher for $15.50!

It's frustrating to see this, but there's not much that can be done. I guess it boils down to having a good relationship with YOUR customers, and giving them the service they need to keep buying from you. :)

Aug 25, 2005
  38. janel kelly

janel kelly Advanced Member

I wish there was a way to post on e-bay listings that they are paying more on e-bay than if they were buying from a consultant.

Aug 25, 2005
  39. TriciaAnn

TriciaAnn Member

Such a shame...

I am a loyal customer of PC and not a consultant. I am thinking of becoming a consultant though. I often shop on Ebay for extra catalogs. I like to share the catalogs with my friends and family before I have a kitchen show. The last show I had my sales were over $600.00. I don't see how so much PC products could be on ebay either. It's outrageous!!!! To me, those consultants selling on Ebay are not being loyal to their Pampered Chef Family.

Loyal Customer,
    TriciaAnn :)

Oct 4, 2005
  40. Laurenncraigory

Laurenncraigory Member

I have to admit that I actually tried to buy something...the discontinued quik stir picture in blue, and I tried for some charms for our charm bracelet because I didn't get to start until august so I really want those first few months, but I also wont pay much for any of it. my max bid was like $2.00 for a charm...well I lost to a person who bid $28.00 for 1 charm!!!! I thought that was completely outrageous! I didn't know what to think. I had never bid on e-bay before, and I don't see me doing it anytime soon either. Everything is outrageous and I'm really scared that I won't get what I pay for!

Have something to add?