• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Talking About Your Thoughts and Feelings

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmI'm thinking I'd like to mix it w/ a little brown sugar and use it as a Ham...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
DebPC
Staff member
What do you think?

I like them. The font on the cover isn't one I would have chosen (it looks a little afterthoughty to me), but overall, I like what they've done.I do love that there are 3 recipes in there! What a great reason for people to keep the book and think of us every time they open it.

For me personally, I really like the layout of them!! I thought it was a little easier to see the products individually.

Love it!!! I do agree with Ann about the cover photo.

chefann said:
I do love that there are 3 recipes in there! What a great reason for people to keep the book and think of us every time they open it.

Oh yes, I loved that part too!!
Another thing I thought was cool, was on the contents page, it listed what recipes were in there and what page they were on!
Hopefully, people will hang onto them a bit longer!

Please don't take this as a highjack, but along the same lines, I think they did NOT choose a good photo for the new Season's Best. Meatloaf? Seriously? :pJMO, but they could have picked something a little more universally appetizing.

jackieblue said:
Please don't take this as a highjack, but along the same lines, I think they did NOT choose a good photo for the new Season's Best. Meatloaf? Seriously? :p

JMO, but they could have picked something a little more universally appetizing.

LOL - if they are trying to go for the male audience, then this SB might work - every man in my family LOVES meatloaf! ;)

Where did you see the catalog and the SB? Any way you could post a photo?

We saw the SB at NC. We all got a catalog at lunch. You should get an email today from PC with most of the official info.

One of the members here took some GREAT photos. It's on another thread, but here is the SB photo that does not appeal to me at all.
http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll153/jamiesgirl305/National%20Conference%2009/?action=view&current=IMG_1238.jpg

pampcheflisa said:
Oh yes, I loved that part too!!
Another thing I thought was cool, was on the contents page, it listed what recipes were in there and what page they were on!
Hopefully, people will hang onto them a bit longer!

Last season's catalog had the same feature. 3 wonderful recipes and they were listed on the contents page. I've enticed at least one person to do a catalog show by letting them peruse my catalog.

I always prefer the fall catalog over the spring/summer. It's warmer. The picture isn't bad but I do prefer the picture on the spanish cover.

pcsharon1 said:
I always prefer the fall catalog over the spring/summer. It's warmer. The picture isn't bad but I do prefer the picture on the spanish cover.

Funny you should say that. I find that all of the catalogs I receive I like the Spanish cover better.

etteluap70PC said:
We saw the SB at NC. We all got a catalog at lunch. You should get an email today from PC with most of the official info.

Paulette,

Did you guys/gals get to taste the Carrot Cake in the DMMP or the Potato Chowder? They both sound so yummy and I can't wait to cook them. Just wondering if you got to sample and your opinion on them.

Nope no samples except for the 2 new sauces.
Peanut thai is yummy with a little kick
Maple honey mustard is good but it has a wicked kick!

etteluap70PC said:
Nope no samples except for the 2 new sauces.
Peanut thai is yummy with a little kick
Maple honey mustard is good but it has a wicked kick!

Wicked kick is right. I didn't expect that with the Maple - I was going more for sweet. Thank goodness I was warned before I tried it.

pcsharon1 said:
Wicked kick is right. I didn't expect that with the Maple - I was going more for sweet. Thank goodness I was warned before I tried it.

Sounds like my hubby will love it!

I think the maple honey mustard will be good for putting on before baking/grilling but not sure I would use it as a dipping sauce. I was glad I had a bottle of water in my bag when I tried it, that is for sure.

angel7581 said:
I think the maple honey mustard will be good for putting on before baking/grilling but not sure I would use it as a dipping sauce. I was glad I had a bottle of water in my bag when I tried it, that is for sure.

Me too! I'd been warned, but it still took me by surprise a bit.

I'm thinking I'd like to mix it w/ a little brown sugar and use it as a Ham Glaze.

Does anyone have a picture/scan of the front of the catalog?

crystalscookingnow said:
Does anyone have a picture/scan of the front of the catalog?

I was just going to ask the same thing :p

I've already made the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder and WOW!! YUMMY!!! and serves A LOT! This is a definite family favorite already and very cheap to make!! $1 per serving!

I was not warned about the Maple Honey Mustard and actually gagged. LOL. I just wasnt expecting that taste. I think I am definatly going to get a bottle so people can sample it at my shows. Anyone know where I can get those itty bitty spoons?

my leader made the potato chowder...it was yummy but i didnt like the skins in it. i will probably peel my potatoes with the peeler. but it was YUMMY!

I don't like the cover photo. The last few cover recipes haven't appealed to my tastes at all. When we had the trifle bowl on the cover, the catalog got a lot of interest. I was hoping for a chocolate dessert on the cover. When cooking magazines have a dessert, esp. chocolate, on the cover, newstand sales spike up. I think the interior layout is good. They moved Stoneware up into the first half and put cutlery behind it.

SLDOWDY1978 said:
my leader made the potato chowder...it was yummy but i didnt like the skins in it. i will probably peel my potatoes with the peeler. but it was YUMMY!

Good way to show another product! Peel the tater! ;)

I CANNOT WAIT to try the chowder. The video shown at NC made me want it right then and there. I hope its a good show recipe.

The video did make it sound yummy...will definitely make at home....but think it may be too many steps for a show. I know, I'm lazy. But I keep it simple....toss it all in, micro...voila, dinner!

I think I will cook the potatoes before guests arrive..then do the rest as my demo. I made the chowder yesterday for my family and we loved it.

im going to try to make it this weekend. hubby isnt a soup for dinner kind of guy so i was trying to think of something t o go with it. any ideas would be appreciated.

1. What is the importance of talking about your thoughts and feelings?

Talking about your thoughts and feelings can help you gain a better understanding of your emotions and improve your mental and emotional well-being. It can also strengthen relationships by improving communication and promoting empathy and understanding.

2. How do I start talking about my thoughts and feelings?

Starting a conversation about your thoughts and feelings can be intimidating, but it's important to remember that it's okay to be vulnerable. Pick a safe and comfortable environment, choose your words carefully, and be open and honest. It may also be helpful to express your feelings through writing or creative outlets.

3. What if I don't feel comfortable talking about my thoughts and feelings?

It's completely normal to feel uncomfortable or hesitant when discussing your thoughts and feelings, especially if you're not used to it. Consider seeking support from a therapist or trusted friend/family member who can provide a safe and non-judgmental space for you to open up.

4. Is it okay to only talk about positive thoughts and feelings?

While it's important to acknowledge and express positive emotions, it's equally important to talk about and process negative thoughts and feelings. Ignoring or suppressing negative emotions can lead to bigger issues and hinder personal growth. It's important to find a balance and address both positive and negative emotions.

5. How can I effectively communicate my thoughts and feelings to others?

Effective communication involves not only expressing your own thoughts and feelings, but also actively listening to and acknowledging the thoughts and feelings of others. Use "I" statements to express your emotions and avoid blaming or attacking others. Practice active listening by paying attention and responding with empathy and understanding.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pc_jessica
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pc_jessica
Replies