1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales New Fall Catalogs

1. DebPC

DebPC Legacy Member Staff Member

What do you think?

Jul 20, 2009
  2. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I like them. The font on the cover isn't one I would have chosen (it looks a little afterthoughty to me), but overall, I like what they've done.

I do love that there are 3 recipes in there! What a great reason for people to keep the book and think of us every time they open it.

Jul 20, 2009
  3. pampcheflisa

pampcheflisa Advanced Member Gold Member

For me personally, I really like the layout of them!! I thought it was a little easier to see the products individually.

Jul 20, 2009
  4. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

Love it!!! I do agree with Ann about the cover photo.

Jul 20, 2009
  5. pampcheflisa

pampcheflisa Advanced Member Gold Member

Oh yes, I loved that part too!!
    Another thing I thought was cool, was on the contents page, it listed what recipes were in there and what page they were on!
    Hopefully, people will hang onto them a bit longer!

Jul 20, 2009
  6. jackieblue

jackieblue Member

Please don't take this as a highjack, but along the same lines, I think they did NOT choose a good photo for the new Season's Best. Meatloaf? Seriously? :p

JMO, but they could have picked something a little more universally appetizing.

Jul 20, 2009
  7. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

LOL - if they are trying to go for the male audience, then this SB might work - every man in my family LOVES meatloaf! ;)

Jul 20, 2009
  8. cookin to the top

cookin to the top Member Gold Member

Where did you see the catalog and the SB? Any way you could post a photo?

9. etteluap70PC

We saw the SB at NC. We all got a catalog at lunch. You should get an email today from PC with most of the official info.

Jul 20, 2009
  10. jackieblue

jackieblue Member

Jul 20, 2009
  11. teachernikol

teachernikol Novice Member

Last season's catalog had the same feature. 3 wonderful recipes and they were listed on the contents page. I've enticed at least one person to do a catalog show by letting them peruse my catalog.

Jul 20, 2009
  12. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

I always prefer the fall catalog over the spring/summer. It's warmer. The picture isn't bad but I do prefer the picture on the spanish cover.

Jul 20, 2009
  13. Funny you should say that. I find that all of the catalogs I receive I like the Spanish cover better.

14. Paulette,

Did you guys/gals get to taste the Carrot Cake in the DMMP or the Potato Chowder? They both sound so yummy and I can't wait to cook them. Just wondering if you got to sample and your opinion on them.

15. etteluap70PC

Nope no samples except for the 2 new sauces.
    Peanut thai is yummy with a little kick
    Maple honey mustard is good but it has a wicked kick!

Jul 20, 2009
  16. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

Wicked kick is right. I didn't expect that with the Maple - I was going more for sweet. Thank goodness I was warned before I tried it.

Jul 20, 2009
  17. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Sounds like my hubby will love it!

18. angel7581

angel7581 Member Gold Member

I think the maple honey mustard will be good for putting on before baking/grilling but not sure I would use it as a dipping sauce. I was glad I had a bottle of water in my bag when I tried it, that is for sure.

Jul 20, 2009
  19. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Me too! I'd been warned, but it still took me by surprise a bit.

I'm thinking I'd like to mix it w/ a little brown sugar and use it as a Ham Glaze.

Jul 20, 2009
  20. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

Does anyone have a picture/scan of the front of the catalog?

21. my3angels

my3angels Member

I was just going to ask the same thing :p

Jul 20, 2009
  22. TrishPCMommy

TrishPCMommy Member Gold Member

I've already made the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder and WOW!! YUMMY!!! and serves A LOT! This is a definite family favorite already and very cheap to make!! $1 per serving!

Jul 20, 2009
  23. diradt

diradt Member

I was not warned about the Maple Honey Mustard and actually gagged. LOL. I just wasnt expecting that taste. I think I am definatly going to get a bottle so people can sample it at my shows. Anyone know where I can get those itty bitty spoons?

Jul 20, 2009
  24. SLDOWDY1978

SLDOWDY1978 Member

my leader made the potato chowder...it was yummy but i didnt like the skins in it. i will probably peel my potatoes with the peeler. but it was YUMMY!

Jul 20, 2009
  25. Becca_in_MD

Becca_in_MD Veteran Member Gold Member

I don't like the cover photo. The last few cover recipes haven't appealed to my tastes at all. When we had the trifle bowl on the cover, the catalog got a lot of interest. I was hoping for a chocolate dessert on the cover. When cooking magazines have a dessert, esp. chocolate, on the cover, newstand sales spike up. I think the interior layout is good. They moved Stoneware up into the first half and put cutlery behind it.

Jul 20, 2009
  26. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

Good way to show another product! Peel the tater! ;)

I CANNOT WAIT to try the chowder. The video shown at NC made me want it right then and there. I hope its a good show recipe.

Jul 20, 2009
  27. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

The video did make it sound yummy...will definitely make at home....but think it may be too many steps for a show. I know, I'm lazy. But I keep it simple....toss it all in, micro...voila, dinner!

28. I think I will cook the potatoes before guests arrive..then do the rest as my demo. I made the chowder yesterday for my family and we loved it.

Jul 23, 2009
  29. SLDOWDY1978

SLDOWDY1978 Member

im going to try to make it this weekend. hubby isnt a soup for dinner kind of guy so i was trying to think of something t o go with it. any ideas would be appreciated.

Jul 23, 2009
Have something to add?