• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the New Directors Reception a dress-up event?

In summary, the conversation is about the appropriate attire for an upcoming event. The speaker suggests dressing up more than usual, possibly wearing a skirt or black pants, as there will be photos and videos taken at the event. They also mention that in the past, the event was more intimate and included a group photo with high-level executives. However, this year, there will be a larger crowd due to more promotions. The speaker advises putting your best foot forward for the event and mentions their past experiences with the event, including receiving a framed photo and DVD of the event. They suggest dressing appropriately for the time of day and fitting in with the high-level executives, Marla and Jean, for photos.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Is this a dress-up event? I'll probably have on capri's, and a nice shirt/sweater....but wondered if I should be more dressed up for this?

I would be a bit more dressed up. Perhaps a skirt or black pants? They will shoot photos and video. It used to be a bit of an intimate event. Back when I promoted it was breakfast. You get to hobnob with the HO sales team and other execs. For our breakfast, they took a group photo of the table with Doris and Marla and sent it to us. I doubt they do that now,, but you never know what new thing they have thought of. Plus, with it being all director promotions instead of just one wave, it will be more of a crowd - as will everything this year! You only get to do it once, so put your best face forward.

When I promoted the 1st time (2 yrs ago) it was breakfast. I think it was the first year that Doris didn't attend and I was kinda bummed about that. Marla and Jean were there along with HO Sales Team and several NEDs. They also took your picture (everyone who was at your table) with Marla and Jean. I didn't really care for that part b/c I didn't know the others at my table and one girl was a real beotch....she was dressed like a slut (very inappropriate for a breakfast - more in line for streetwalking) Would have much more appreciated a picture of just me with M&J. I'd wear whatever seems appropriate for whatever time of day it is.

Last year it was right after a day of conference so people were dressed how they were for the day...you saw everything. All the home office people were there plus the NED. We each had our picture taken with Marla and Jean and they sent us that framed with a dvd copy of when we walked. I would want to look a little nicer if I were you..of course Marla and Jean were dressed up so you will want to fit in with them for your picture.

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out. The dress code for our events is usually business casual, so capri's and a nice shirt or sweater would be perfectly appropriate. However, if you feel more comfortable dressing up a bit more, that is completely up to you! We want you to feel confident and comfortable at our events. Looking forward to seeing you there!

1. What is the New Directors Reception?

The New Directors Reception is an annual event organized by Pampered Chef for new directors to celebrate their achievements and provide them with valuable training and networking opportunities.

2. Who can attend the New Directors Reception?

Only new directors who have achieved their title within the previous year are eligible to attend the New Directors Reception.

3. When and where is the New Directors Reception held?

The New Directors Reception is typically held in July or August at the Pampered Chef global headquarters in Addison, Illinois.

4. Is there a cost to attend the New Directors Reception?

There is no cost for new directors to attend the New Directors Reception. However, they will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses.

5. How can I register for the New Directors Reception?

New directors will receive an invitation to register for the New Directors Reception via email. They must RSVP by the specified deadline to secure their spot at the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MandyK
  • General Chat
2 3 4
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views