• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Digital Thermometer Won't Turn on

In summary, when you take the tab out of the battery, it pops out. You have to put it in the right way and then push it down and twist to get it to work.
skaugchef
Gold Member
I can't get my Digital Thermometer to turn on! Maybe someone on here can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. I thought there was something wrong with it. So, I did a product adjustment saying it didn't work. The new one they sent also isn't turning on. Help! I'm doing a Chicken Your Way show in a few days. I really need to figure out how to get it turned on before that show.

It has been a while since I got mine, isn't there a pull tab in the back that has to be taken out to activate the battery? If not, maybe the battery is dead. The battery in mine did not last very long at all. I keep forgetting to get it replaced.

The battery has to be put in at an angle so that it goes under that little metal arm in the opening. It should work after you do this.

My first thought was the battery. The ones that come in anything that arrives battery included tend to not last long. However, the tab is supposed to help by keeping the battery from being engaged. Sometimes the tab is kind of hard to see, so you might want to open the battery case to see if the pull-tab is hidden.

In the past, there were some others having problems with the battery. Mostly the batteries were fine, just weren't in the proper placement to work. I copied and pasted the tips that people shared. I had a host with this same problem. She gave me her thermometer to check out. I followed these tips and got it fixed. It works just fine now for her.When I took the tab out of mine, the battery popped all the way out. Upon inspection, I realized that there a specific way to put the battery back in. There is a little metal tab and you need to slide the edge of the battery underneath it. Then put the back on top of the battery and push down and twist using a dime. It worked for me.There is a silver thingy that your battery is probably sitting on top of. Instead, the tip of the silver thingy (sorry, I don't know what to call it), should be sitting on the edge of the battery.Take the battery out; lift that silver thingy up; then slide the battery under the lip of the thingy while pushing the battery down onto the spring. (This will also keep your battery from popping out.)
I hope that makes sense. Both of my digital thermometers now work.

It is probably a defect. If pulling the pull tab and re-installing the battery as discussed doesn't work, your thermometer is defective. Have it replaced.

I had mine replaced and they told me to discard it. I decided to try replacing the battery. The new battery did not work, so now I have a ton of extra batteries.

Thanks for the info Amanda. I was so excited I tried ASAP. Now the battery stays in & doesn't jump out. But, still nothing happens when I push the on/off button.

Did you try to flip the battery? Maybe it was in upside down? If not, then you can just get a replacement battery. Or do another product adjustment. :D

Which way is the battery supposed to go?

Oh my gosh Amanda! I love you! Thank you so much for the help. With adjusting the silver thingy and having the battery the right direction it turns on now! I can't believe I waited this long before I asked for help!!!

So glad I could help! :)

1. Why won't my new digital thermometer turn on?

There could be several reasons why your new digital thermometer is not turning on. First, make sure that the battery is properly inserted and has enough power. If the battery is fine, then check if the thermometer is in the correct mode for use. Some thermometers have different modes for meat, candy, and other types of food. Finally, try pressing the power button firmly for a few seconds to see if it turns on.

2. What do I do if my digital thermometer is not responding?

If your digital thermometer is not responding, try resetting it by removing the battery and waiting for a few minutes before putting it back in. Also, check if the battery is dead and needs to be replaced. If the issue persists, contact the manufacturer for further assistance.

3. How do I change the temperature units on my digital thermometer?

To change the temperature units on your digital thermometer, look for a button or switch labeled "C/F" or "°C/°F". Press this button or switch to toggle between Celsius and Fahrenheit. Some thermometers may require you to hold down the button for a few seconds to change the units.

4. Can I use my digital thermometer for liquids?

Most digital thermometers are designed for food use only and may not be accurate for measuring liquids. It is best to check the user manual or contact the manufacturer to confirm if your thermometer is suitable for liquids.

5. How do I calibrate my digital thermometer?

To calibrate your digital thermometer, fill a glass with ice and water, and insert the thermometer probe into the mixture. The thermometer should read 32°F (0°C). If it does not, check the user manual for specific calibration instructions. Some thermometers may have a calibration button or require you to adjust the calibration by a specific number of degrees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jross93
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • MissChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
MissChef
  • lisaterwilliger