• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New dessert cookbook

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
Oh my goodness. Have you looked through those recipes?!! I think I should teach monthly classes at my house and do those recipes! They look gorgeous and so yummy!

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
I JUST got mine...haven't pulled everything out of the boxes. I'm a scared to look at the nutrition numbers though! PC definitely isn't "pc" about low-fat/healthier recipes. :)

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
The hardest part is going to be deciding which to make first! YUMMY!

DessertDivaFL

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2008
Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow! That is when it is scheduled to arrive with all the other new products! What a day that will be! Christmas in February!

mountainmama74

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2009
AMAZING looking recipes!! I can't wait to try them all!!

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
I was on the phone with a friend as I was going through it. She almost yelled at me because now she had to go get a candy bar because she had such a craving for sweets! It is awesome. I was very surprised though to see a food processor and an electric hand mixer referenced in the recipes! I think it has been quite a while since they used something other than PC products to make a recipe! They got a little more exotic too! Vanilla beans, candied ginger, pomegranates, rosemary and basil in desserts! The Rosemary Scented Citrus Knots! Does that sound great or what! And a nectarine basil pie! And I love that they have a recipe for Salted Caramels! The Contessa had a recipe and I missed it so... I have a friend who makes them and boy they are simply wonderful! That touch of salt just does something marvelous to them! And Pumpkin Whoopie Pies! Dang - now I need SUGAR!

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
LOL... John...you made me laugh. Thanks. I am just imagining you reading through the list in the book and growing more and more excited as you read each one....:D

Liquid Sky

Advanced Member
Jun 8, 2008
My husband and I were going thru it last night as well. HOLY COW...I KNOW I am gonna sell a ton of those. PC did everything right in that cookbook, from types of desserts to the pictures.

One of my new team members tried out the Smores Cups this week and she said they are soooo easy and to die for. She has her Grand Opening tonight and she's going to quickly demo that recipe :) I am DYING to try them. I can't wait for tonight. LOL

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
Now I have to go look at the book! I've got 3 boxes of samples/supplies downstairs to play with.....including the cookbook.

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
OM Goodness - Caressa is right! The recipes, the multitude of pictures and everything about this one is way better than anything I have ever seen from PC. I too will not have a problem selling this one! And let us know how the demo goes and what people said about the recipe in general.

niktim3

Oct 25, 2005
As everyone tries them, would LOVE to know your favorites!

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
Holy toledo! My son and I just flipped through the book...I think I gained 10 lbs!! :eek: My son kept asking "can we make that tonight??"
But there are so many that look divine! A few that look a little more complicated than I will probably bother, but wow. Good thing my DH is allergic to banana's or I'd be making that Banana Foster's dessert tonight! *I'll save it for a dinner party or event where I can share with OTHERs and just have a sample*.

pcchefjane

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2008
There was 4 of us looking at it at our Spring Launch. I could almost feel myself drooling! Dominic (from the test kitchen) was laughing at all of us ohhing and ahhing! He said they had had a lot of fun making them...and a lot were his!

Fluffy215

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2007
I can't wait to get mine. For some reason it is still showing stuck in Chicago. It was shipped on the 8th. No clue why it still says stuck in Chicago. When I talked to PC and Fedex yesterday they said because of the storm. But that ways days ago and it still hasn't moved. I want my cookbook!!! LOL

doughmama

Advanced Member
Silver Member
Aug 10, 2008
My husband and I were going thru it last night as well. HOLY COW...I KNOW I am gonna sell a ton of those. PC did everything right in that cookbook, from types of desserts to the pictures.

One of my new team members tried out the Smores Cups this week and she said they are soooo easy and to die for. She has her Grand Opening tonight and she's going to quickly demo that recipe :) I am DYING to try them. I can't wait for tonight. LOL

the smores cups are the first thing I want to try! And definitely DO NOT look at the nutritional info -unless you want to feel guilty the whole time you eat any of these.:)

kreaser

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2008
smore cups are the first ones I plan to make..I've had the ingredients for 3 days now, but havent made them...I'm going to make them tomorrow for valentines day..my kids will get a kick out of them..

Liquid Sky

Advanced Member
Jun 8, 2008
OM Goodness - Caressa is right! The recipes, the multitude of pictures and everything about this one is way better than anything I have ever seen from PC. I too will not have a problem selling this one! And let us know how the demo goes and what people said about the recipe in general.

John, let's just say.....I could have eaten the ENTIRE batch of the Smores Cups, by myself in one sitting! :eek:

I am not a graham cracker crust person, but I could have eaten the graham cracker crust bottom just by itself. The recipe is sooooooooooo incredibly easy to make and OMG too, too good.

We didn't dip the tops of the marshmallows in chocolate and they were still divine. Also, the recipe says to cool completely but really, the ooey gooeyness of the warm Smores rocks the house. They are good either way but warm is top notch :love:

I can't wait to try out every recipe in that book. Altho, I'll need to implement a serious exercise routine to combat the billions of calories I will consume "taste testing" all the desserts. I'll get to now put more blame on PC for the extra inches on my hips. :)

Aunticooks

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2009
I was thumbing thru it and literally drooling!!! My husband looked over and said that is not a lick and taste book so quit drooling and just make something! lol need to run to the store on Sunday and pick up a few indredients.

baychef

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2005
You are all cracking me up!!! I have not looked through the book, but now I am convinced that I need to get off the computer and "investigate" the matter at hand!!! Luckily, I just ate oatmeal with my new addiction, Sweet Apple Sprinkle!!

pattikake

Sep 17, 2007
I think it is one of the nicest looking cookbooks we've got. Love it!

Jan 11, 2008
I haven't received my cookbook yet and can't wait to get it. Has anyone had time to type up some of the recipes yet? I'd love to try the smores cups this weekend.

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
I looked through the book with my DS who is 6 yo. Every time I turned a page, there was something better! YUM!!!

Too bad I just started Weight Watchers! HA!

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
I think after introducing THIS cookbook, it would be hilarious if they come up with some incentive that included Home-Gym equipment or a fitness spa-retreat.

Liquid Sky

Advanced Member
Jun 8, 2008
I think after introducing THIS cookbook, it would be hilarious if they come up with some incentive that included Home-Gym equipment or a fitness spa-retreat.

That would be hilarious!!!

baychef

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2005
I think it is one of the nicest looking cookbooks we've got. Love it!

I do too! Just looked through it and I am so glad I looked on a full stomach!! I don't know where to begin!!

Looking right now as to if I can include any in a party. My criteria is that they be done fast and half way through the book, I am only seeing the Lemon Drop Cookies so far.

JennLizFran

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2009
I am so impressed by this cookbook. It is beautiful!

But, I tried the first recipe from it tonight, the hot cocoa trifle cups....not impressed.

But, I still have high hopes for other recipes! :)

pamperedlinda

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 17, 2006
I can't wait to start making goodies form this book! Only problem I have is which one to try first.

Becca_in_MD

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2009

Perfect idea!!

I may make the maple pecans (not looking at the cookbook right now so may have the wrong nut) that go on top of the pumpkin trifle just to eat by themselves, and I'm not a big nut person. But I love anything maple.

I like how the recipes even specify "this not that" ie. pumpkin pack, not pumpkin pie filling. And of course the cooks tips with the substitution notes are great.

Along with many of you, my kids were drooling at the pictures. If only that made it scratch and sniff.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
I bought the ingredients for:

Chewy Peanut Marshmallow Bars
Caramel Chocolate Mini Bars
Hazelnut Shortbread
Cranberry Shortbread Struesel Bars

I guess I'm more into the cookies than the other desserts - they look good to me, but it's the cookies/bars that call out my name!

There are several more I want to make -- I had to make myself stop for now!:eek:

chefheidi2003

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2007
I think I gained 20 pounds just looking at this book..I can't wait to try the S'more's cups..among others.

kam

Legacy Member
Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
I got a chance to look at it at my Director's house this weekend. OMG - they did a wonderful job on this cookbook. I am so impressed.

I am SO excited that there are recipes in there for the torte pans. I don't use these pans nearly as much as I would like.

Now, I have to get off my butt and decide on the sample packs so I can place my order and get this cookbook ASAP!

PCJenni

Veteran Member
Apr 10, 2007
I had my spring kickoff for past guests and hostesses this weekend and sold this cookbook to every guest! It's a winner

floccies

Oct 22, 2006
My 3 year old has claimed the cookbook. I had to hide it -- I am looking forward to making all of the recipes. (Maybe one per week? -- that will keep me busy for over a year)

Mar 15, 2009
Would any one with the new cookbook be willing to post the smores and the lemon cookie recipe? I'm waiting for mine to arrive and have a show on saturday.
Thanks in advance

floccies

Oct 22, 2006

A reward for selling 100 cookbooks!

lisaw

Novice Member
May 12, 2008
I made the cinnamon roll ice cream cake last weekend. It was so good ~ everyone loved it!

annew

Nov 1, 2005
I made the Rocky Road Cookies for my meeting the other night & they were a HIT!
<3 this cookbook!!

LeslieSGI

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007
I made the Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bites last night and they are both wonderful and impressive. I brought them to the office for sampling and the consensus was that the two different levels of chocolate-y goodness from the filling and the little cookies were perfect together. One thing that I did that the recipe did not say to do -- I scraped the creme filling off the cookies that I used to line the muffin cups since I am not a big fan of the white stuff but I love the cookies.

I did not use the paper liners; I sprayed the cups with PAM and the cheesecakes came right out of the pan with just a tiny bit of encouragement from my citrus peeler. My biggest issue with making them was getting the four cookies to stand up while I scooped the filling in and even then only 2 of the 24 were real problems.​

iteachurkid

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2006
Anyone who has made the Smore's cups...I have an open house on Saturday, could I make them Thursday night? Just wondering if you think they'd be as good. TIA!

Mar 30, 2008
I have a party scheduled for the 14th and I think the dessert cookbook fell off my trunk when I took off to the grocery store!!! Would anybody be willing to scan the phyllo cup with mascarpone cheese and chocolate and almonds on top??? I will re order the book, but won't get it by sunday!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Beverly M Hernandez
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views