• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Let's Get Cookin': Delicious Recipes to Try at Home

I am dying to see your pictures of them. I received the cookbook today but haven't had time to look thru it yet...maybe tonight!!We still can't get our book either. It's been over a week and it's still in Chicago. The shipping company is saying they can send it back to us here in the South - and said that it would take 3-5 days. But it's STILL in Chicago.I agree with all of y'all
babywings76
Gold Member
Oh my goodness. Have you looked through those recipes?!! I think I should teach monthly classes at my house and do those recipes! They look gorgeous and so yummy!

I JUST got mine...haven't pulled everything out of the boxes. I'm a scared to look at the nutrition numbers though! PC definitely isn't "pc" about low-fat/healthier recipes. :)

The hardest part is going to be deciding which to make first! YUMMY!

Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow! That is when it is scheduled to arrive with all the other new products! What a day that will be! Christmas in February!

AMAZING looking recipes!! I can't wait to try them all!!

I was on the phone with a friend as I was going through it. She almost yelled at me because now she had to go get a candy bar because she had such a craving for sweets! It is awesome. I was very surprised though to see a food processor and an electric hand mixer referenced in the recipes! I think it has been quite a while since they used something other than PC products to make a recipe! They got a little more exotic too! Vanilla beans, candied ginger, pomegranates, rosemary and basil in desserts! The Rosemary Scented Citrus Knots! Does that sound great or what! And a nectarine basil pie! And I love that they have a recipe for Salted Caramels! The Contessa had a recipe and I missed it so... I have a friend who makes them and boy they are simply wonderful! That touch of salt just does something marvelous to them! And Pumpkin Whoopie Pies! Dang - now I need SUGAR!

LOL... John...you made me laugh. Thanks. I am just imagining you reading through the list in the book and growing more and more excited as you read each one....:D

My husband and I were going thru it last night as well. HOLY COW...I KNOW I am gonna sell a ton of those. PC did everything right in that cookbook, from types of desserts to the pictures.

One of my new team members tried out the Smores Cups this week and she said they are soooo easy and to die for. She has her Grand Opening tonight and she's going to quickly demo that recipe :) I am DYING to try them. I can't wait for tonight. LOL

Now I have to go look at the book! I've got 3 boxes of samples/supplies downstairs to play with.....including the cookbook.

OM Goodness - Caressa is right! The recipes, the multitude of pictures and everything about this one is way better than anything I have ever seen from PC. I too will not have a problem selling this one! And let us know how the demo goes and what people said about the recipe in general.

As everyone tries them, would LOVE to know your favorites!

Holy toledo! My son and I just flipped through the book...I think I gained 10 lbs!! :eek: My son kept asking "can we make that tonight??"
But there are so many that look divine! A few that look a little more complicated than I will probably bother, but wow. Good thing my DH is allergic to banana's or I'd be making that Banana Foster's dessert tonight! *I'll save it for a dinner party or event where I can share with OTHERs and just have a sample*.

There was 4 of us looking at it at our Spring Launch. I could almost feel myself drooling! Dominic (from the test kitchen) was laughing at all of us ohhing and ahhing! He said they had had a lot of fun making them...and a lot were his!

I can't wait to get mine. For some reason it is still showing stuck in Chicago. It was shipped on the 8th. No clue why it still says stuck in Chicago. When I talked to PC and Fedex yesterday they said because of the storm. But that ways days ago and it still hasn't moved. I want my cookbook!!! LOL

Liquid Sky said:
My husband and I were going thru it last night as well. HOLY COW...I KNOW I am gonna sell a ton of those. PC did everything right in that cookbook, from types of desserts to the pictures.

One of my new team members tried out the Smores Cups this week and she said they are soooo easy and to die for. She has her Grand Opening tonight and she's going to quickly demo that recipe :) I am DYING to try them. I can't wait for tonight. LOL

the smores cups are the first thing I want to try! And definitely DO NOT look at the nutritional info -unless you want to feel guilty the whole time you eat any of these.:)

smore cups are the first ones I plan to make..I've had the ingredients for 3 days now, but havent made them...I'm going to make them tomorrow for valentines day..my kids will get a kick out of them..

pampered1224 said:
OM Goodness - Caressa is right! The recipes, the multitude of pictures and everything about this one is way better than anything I have ever seen from PC. I too will not have a problem selling this one! And let us know how the demo goes and what people said about the recipe in general.

John, let's just say.....I could have eaten the ENTIRE batch of the Smores Cups, by myself in one sitting! :eek:

I am not a graham cracker crust person, but I could have eaten the graham cracker crust bottom just by itself. The recipe is sooooooooooo incredibly easy to make and OMG too, too good.

We didn't dip the tops of the marshmallows in chocolate and they were still divine. Also, the recipe says to cool completely but really, the ooey gooeyness of the warm Smores rocks the house. They are good either way but warm is top notch :love:

I can't wait to try out every recipe in that book. Altho, I'll need to implement a serious exercise routine to combat the billions of calories I will consume "taste testing" all the desserts. I'll get to now put more blame on PC for the extra inches on my hips. :)

I was thumbing thru it and literally drooling!!! My husband looked over and said that is not a lick and taste book so quit drooling and just make something! lol need to run to the store on Sunday and pick up a few indredients.

You are all cracking me up!!! I have not looked through the book, but now I am convinced that I need to get off the computer and "investigate" the matter at hand!!! Luckily, I just ate oatmeal with my new addiction, Sweet Apple Sprinkle!!

I think it is one of the nicest looking cookbooks we've got. Love it!

I haven't received my cookbook yet and can't wait to get it. Has anyone had time to type up some of the recipes yet? I'd love to try the smores cups this weekend.

I looked through the book with my DS who is 6 yo. Every time I turned a page, there was something better! YUM!!!

Too bad I just started Weight Watchers! HA!

I think after introducing THIS cookbook, it would be hilarious if they come up with some incentive that included Home-Gym equipment or a fitness spa-retreat.

esavvymom said:
I think after introducing THIS cookbook, it would be hilarious if they come up with some incentive that included Home-Gym equipment or a fitness spa-retreat.

That would be hilarious!!!

pattikake said:
I think it is one of the nicest looking cookbooks we've got. Love it!

I do too! Just looked through it and I am so glad I looked on a full stomach!! I don't know where to begin!!

Looking right now as to if I can include any in a party. My criteria is that they be done fast and half way through the book, I am only seeing the Lemon Drop Cookies so far.

I am so impressed by this cookbook. It is beautiful!

But, I tried the first recipe from it tonight, the hot cocoa trifle cups....not impressed.

But, I still have high hopes for other recipes! :)

I can't wait to start making goodies form this book! Only problem I have is which one to try first.

esavvymom said:

Perfect idea!!

I may make the maple pecans (not looking at the cookbook right now so may have the wrong nut) that go on top of the pumpkin trifle just to eat by themselves, and I'm not a big nut person. But I love anything maple.

I like how the recipes even specify "this not that" ie. pumpkin pack, not pumpkin pie filling. And of course the cooks tips with the substitution notes are great.

Along with many of you, my kids were drooling at the pictures. If only that made it scratch and sniff.

I bought the ingredients for:

Chewy Peanut Marshmallow Bars
Caramel Chocolate Mini Bars
Hazelnut Shortbread
Cranberry Shortbread Struesel Bars

I guess I'm more into the cookies than the other desserts - they look good to me, but it's the cookies/bars that call out my name!

There are several more I want to make -- I had to make myself stop for now!:eek:

I think I gained 20 pounds just looking at this book..I can't wait to try the S'more's cups..among others.

I got a chance to look at it at my Director's house this weekend. OMG - they did a wonderful job on this cookbook. I am so impressed.

I am SO excited that there are recipes in there for the torte pans. I don't use these pans nearly as much as I would like.

Now, I have to get off my butt and decide on the sample packs so I can place my order and get this cookbook ASAP!

I had my spring kickoff for past guests and hostesses this weekend and sold this cookbook to every guest! It's a winner

My 3 year old has claimed the cookbook. I had to hide it -- I am looking forward to making all of the recipes. (Maybe one per week? -- that will keep me busy for over a year)

Would any one with the new cookbook be willing to post the smores and the lemon cookie recipe? I'm waiting for mine to arrive and have a show on saturday.
Thanks in advance

esavvymom said:

A reward for selling 100 cookbooks!

I made the cinnamon roll ice cream cake last weekend. It was so good ~ everyone loved it!

I made the Rocky Road Cookies for my meeting the other night & they were a HIT!
<3 this cookbook!!

I made the Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bites last night and they are both wonderful and impressive. I brought them to the office for sampling and the consensus was that the two different levels of chocolate-y goodness from the filling and the little cookies were perfect together. One thing that I did that the recipe did not say to do -- I scraped the creme filling off the cookies that I used to line the muffin cups since I am not a big fan of the white stuff but I love the cookies.

I did not use the paper liners; I sprayed the cups with PAM and the cheesecakes came right out of the pan with just a tiny bit of encouragement from my citrus peeler. My biggest issue with making them was getting the four cookies to stand up while I scooped the filling in and even then only 2 of the 24 were real problems.​

Anyone who has made the Smore's cups...I have an open house on Saturday, could I make them Thursday night? Just wondering if you think they'd be as good. TIA!

I have a party scheduled for the 14th and I think the dessert cookbook fell off my trunk when I took off to the grocery store!!! Would anybody be willing to scan the phyllo cup with mascarpone cheese and chocolate and almonds on top??? I will re order the book, but won't get it by sunday!!!

I have tried the Black-Bottom Cherry Cheesecake and the Sweet Orange Mascarpone Tartlets. The cheesecake was good but the orange tartlets were TO DIE FOR! We made them twice in 1 week!! I did substitute cream cheese for the mascarpone and omitted the salt. The first time I added the salt and had to add additional sugar & whipped topping to make it taste ok.

yum! now I know what I want to make this weekend!!!

My 11 yo niece made the S'more Cups and she and her family loved them so much that at the show her mom is hosting next week, she will be making them for all of the guests! Maybe she'll follow in Auntie's footsteps. ;)

I am not near the cookbook right now, but I made the Creamsicle Torte Cake (not even sure if this is the correct name) and many loved it. My headcook made the Crunchy Peanut Marshmallow things...loved them but I do not care for nuts. I also made the Strawberry Cream Cupcake Desserts...YUM!!!

the secret chef said:
I have a party scheduled for the 14th and I think the dessert cookbook fell off my trunk when I took off to the grocery store!!! Would anybody be willing to scan the phyllo cup with mascarpone cheese and chocolate and almonds on top??? I will re order the book, but won't get it by sunday!!!

I'm trying to figure out which recipe you meant... there is one for chocolate napoleons with sweet ricotta cream, or the sweet orange mascarpone tartlets that have been mentioned...

Wait a sec - you're talking about the picture - I got it now!

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
8 sheets phyllo dough
1/4 cup sugar

1 orange
1 1/2 cups mascarpone cheese
1/4 tsp almond extract
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/3 cup semi-sweet choc chips, melted
toasted sliced almonds

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lay one sheet of phyllo on cutting board, spray with nonstick spray and sprinkle with sugar. Place 2nd sheet over first, matching edges and pressing to seal. Repeat to create a stack of 4 sheets, ending with phyllo and reserving half of the sugar for second stack.
2. Cut phyllo stack crosswise into four even strips, then lengthwise into 3rds, to make 12 squares. Press phyllo squares into cups of MMP. Bake 8-10 min until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
3. Zest entire orange with m.a.g. Combine zest, cheese, powdered sugar, and salt. Fold in whipped topping. Fill EAD with filling and pipe into cooled shells (use open star tip). Microwave chocolate on high 1-2 min or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. pour chocolate into resealable bag, trim corner, and drizzle chocolate over tartlets. Sprinkle with almonds.

Now that I've read through the entire recipe, it doesn't seem near as complicated as the picture makes it look! Yummy!

Enjoy...

I have the ingredients for the chocolate cupcakes with a truffle inside. Can't WAIT to make those. My kids want to try the smore cups. Eventually we will. I'm really enjoying the non desserts in the SBRC, so that's what I've focused on believe it or not. Oh, and the apple sprinkles. Love those, and have made the biscuit bites twice and once I made the bites with the lemon sprinkles.

I made the Firery Choc Tort at a show this week. HUGE hit. Very easy and YUMMY! I recommend this for an excellent Mexican dessert.

OMG, All of these recipes Sound Soooo YUMMY! Too bad I am in a Biggest loser competition! But that's ok... I still need to order the Cookbook! :p

I made the Fiery Chocolate Torte last nite and I thought the amount of cayenne in the frosting was overpowering (and I LOVE spicy things). The cake and filling were delicious, though, so I would redo this recipe but I would either leave the cayenne out of the frosting entirely or reduce it to the mearest pinch. Made with the amount called for, both hubby and I had a lingering afterburn on our tongues and down our throats that seemed very out of place with a dessert.

Just in case anyone needs an electronic version of this recipe:

Chewy Peanut-Marshmallow Bars

Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Yield: 48 bars

Crust:
¾ cup butter (1.5 sticks)
¼ cup creamy peanut butter
1 package (18.25 oz) yellow cake mix

Filling & Topping:
¾ cup creamy peanut butter
2/3 cup light corn syrup
¼ cup butter (1/2 stick)
3 cups mini marshmallows
2 cups crisp rice cereal
2 cups dry roasted peanuts

Prepare dough for crust. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place butter and peanut butter in Small Micro-Cooker. Microwave, uncovered, on High for 1 minute or until butter is melted; stir until well blended. Place cake mix in Stainless (4 quart) Mixing Bow; whisk to break up lumps. Add peanut butter mixture; stir until a thick dough forms.

Spread dough into pan and bake. Break apart dough and distribute over bottom of ungreased Large Sheet Pan. Pat dough into pan; spread evenly using Large Spreader. Bake 15-17 minutes or until crust is set and golden brown. Remove pan from oven; let crust stand 2 minutes to cool slightly.

Spread filling over crust and bake again.Meanwhile, combine peanut butter, corn syrup and butter in 3 quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth. Spoon ½ cup of the peanut butter mixture over hot crust; spread evenly and immediately sprinkle with marshmallows. Return to oven, bake an additional 1-2 minutes or just until marshmallows begin to puff. Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.

Top, cool and serve.Add cereal and peanuts to remaining peanut butter mixture. Spoon over marshmallows and spread gently in an even layer. Cool completely or until topping is set. Cut into bars.

1. What types of recipes are included in "Let's Get Cookin'"?

Our "Let's Get Cookin'" cookbook features a variety of delicious and easy-to-follow recipes, including appetizers, main courses, side dishes, and desserts. There are also recipes for special diets, such as vegetarian and gluten-free options.

2. Are the ingredients for these recipes easy to find?

Yes, all of the ingredients used in our "Let's Get Cookin'" recipes can be found at your local grocery store. We strive to use common and accessible ingredients to make cooking convenient for our customers.

3. Can I modify the recipes to fit my personal taste or dietary needs?

Absolutely! We encourage our customers to make the recipes their own by adding or substituting ingredients to their liking. We also provide alternative options for those with dietary restrictions.

4. Are there any cooking techniques or skills required for these recipes?

Our "Let's Get Cookin'" cookbook is designed for all cooking levels, from beginners to experts. We provide clear and easy-to-follow instructions for each recipe, so anyone can create delicious meals at home.

5. Can I host a cooking class using these recipes?

Yes, you can! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I am happy to help you plan and host a cooking class using the recipes in "Let's Get Cookin'". It's a fun and interactive way to learn new recipes and techniques with friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
purrbal
  • brittanymcginnis
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies