• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the New $99 DCB Special | Limited Time Offer

I've given away a free pizza cutter and mini-serving spatula with every purchase of the DCB for a while now!Please share with me what specials you used last year.The only specials I have done are a free rub in certain months and I give them a doc with a ton of recipes for the DCB and I had no trouble selling them at full price - I've had people buy them at the new full price with no special except the recipes. Our products and specials from HO are amazing. Why do people think they need to add to that. It's like saying that HO deals aren't good enough. Besides, you're giving away your commission. I for one do this partly for the income
skaugchef
Gold Member
Anyone made a new DCB $99 special flyer? With the change of price of the DCB has your $99 special changed?

Here is the one I have made for my Fajitas show! Working on $99 specials for my other shows!

CK

Attachments

• MPS-Fajitas.doc
    108.5 KB · Views: 774
What is the DCB special? I don't think I've heard of it. I know what the DCB is, just not sure about the "special" part. TIA!!

Consultants have made up up $99 specials by lumping certain products with the Deep Covered Baker & only charging $99 +tax. So, the customer is saving money by ordering the special.
Bethany, you can do a search in the files for deep covered baker. I found a few other consultant's flyers with their specials too.
CK, How do you decide what to put on each of your specials for your shows?

skaugchef said:
Consultants have made up up $99 specials by lumping certain products with the Deep Covered Baker & only charging $99 +tax. So, the customer is saving money by ordering the special.
Bethany, you can do a search in the files for deep covered baker. I found a few other consultant's flyers with their specials too.
CK, How do you decide what to put on each of your specials for your shows?
I am working them out for the others....Fajitas - I joined with the spices that I use for the fajitas and the fab mixnchop for guacamole. I have 2011 calendars and they are beautiful! I give one to the host as her gift this month and explain that they will get the calendar with the special (I attached a $5 value to the calendar...aren't most calendars about that price?) If they buy the special, I give them the calendar at checkout.I am doing fajitas this weekend for three shows but will be working them up. I basically am keeping it to where I am only kicking in $5.00 or less. I will post them when I make them up! (actually it is $4.61 with 29% commission)Will be doing one for Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, Chipotle cornbread bake, BBQ Pork Tenderloin, Lasagna. Those pretty much are my staples and my recipes that I am doing.

Last edited:
I've used the DCB specials in the past (one I learned last year from a TOP seller at Spring Launch) with HUGE success! People love a deal - and people love a package deal where they know they can recreate that recipe again and again. I was selling 2-3 of these specials at my shows! That's when my sales average was the highest! I'm going to incorporate these again and watch my sales soar!

Thanks for sharing CK!

-Heather

hmolah said:
I've used the DCB specials in the past (one I learned last year from a TOP seller at Spring Launch) with HUGE success! People love a deal - and people love a package deal where they know they can recreate that recipe again and again. I was selling 2-3 of these specials at my shows! That's when my sales average was the highest! I'm going to incorporate these again and watch my sales soar!

Thanks for sharing CK!

-Heather

Please share with me what specials you used last year.

The only specials I have done are a free rub in certain months and I give them a doc with a ton of recipes for the DCB and I had no trouble selling them at full price - I've had people buy them at the new full price with no special except the recipes.

Our products and specials from HO are amazing. Why do people think they need to add to that. It's like saying that HO deals aren't good enough. Besides, you're giving away your commission. I for one do this partly for the income.

Of course, if I NEED sales for a promotion I would do something like this but it would have to be a special reason.

@skaugchef - Well, the one that I had was under the old $69 price. ;) The one CK shared is a great one!

@beth - Great! I too can sell them alone, however, I find that people love options, and if I can put something together that gives them a package deal and I walk out of a show selling 3-4 sets, then that is more commission than I would if I just sold 1 baker alone. People bought those sets the HO put out at Christmas, and I think for some people, especially when they're using products that are new to them, they want everything they need to duplicate that recipe. Case in point - something as simple as using the Lg Bar Pan, a pizza cutter, mini-serving spatula, Parm/Garlic seasoning for a pizza show and the dill seasoning for chip dip sold 3 of each of those items to 3 different people! They wanted to duplicate a homemade recipe pizza just because they liked the one I did at the show. I didn't do anything fancy other than stop a pepperoni pizza with the seasoning (like Pizza Hut, etc) and they loved it! They wanted to make sure they had ALL of the necessary products to make that again and again for their famlies. THAT sells, and when you have a high-priced item like the DCB and when you have a fun show with an awesome recipe, people want everything they need to duplicate it for themselves. And I do this ALL for money. Sure I love cooking and love the products, but the flexible schedule and the money are a necessity. It worked for me before, I'm pretty certain it's going to work again! ;)

Last edited:
AND they always have the option of getting just the Baker and recipes for $85.00. I would rather sell $14.00 more.

At $85, 29% commission, I make $24.65

At $105.50 (cost of package entered in P3 with consultant 'gift' of $6.50 - which by the way is a tax write-off at the end of the year for EACH client who orders), I make $30.60 - (29% of 6.50 is 4.61) 4.61, I made $25.99.

However, the show sales are higher for the host, for me, and they have two options to purchase! I sell 4-5 packages per show on average!

The guests are happy! They get their baker and the special and they are making that exact recipe and reliving my show! I have had people email me later to book shows so I think something is going right here!

CK

CK, I'd love to see the other $99 DCB specials you're making up when you are done. I'm having a Mega Show on the 24th and I'm thinking of doing the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder or the BBQ pork tenderloin. Thanks!!

I'm doing Loaded Baked Potato and Chili Conbread Bake and would like to see those too. I was thinking that the DCB would just be a good booking tool, but this is a nice selling tool!

CK...did you happen to come up with a great DCB combo for the chowder yet? I have shows the next 3 weekends and doing the chowder at all of them. I'm sitting here going through a bunch of the products used in the chowder and wondering what would be the best combo. I like using the RUFTH trivet, season's best, DCB and their choice of a rub. Is that appealing enough? That would only be $4.25 consultant gift and I'd do a calendar (while supplies last) and a DCB recipe book.

yankfan24 said:
CK...did you happen to come up with a great DCB combo for the chowder yet? I have shows the next 3 weekends and doing the chowder at all of them. I'm sitting here going through a bunch of the products used in the chowder and wondering what would be the best combo. I like using the RUFTH trivet, season's best, DCB and their choice of a rub. Is that appealing enough? That would only be $4.25 consultant gift and I'd do a calendar (while supplies last) and a DCB recipe book.

I would do MixnChop rather than RUFTH personally. The trivet is awesome but I try to sell two at a time for the baker and place them back to back so the baker sits nice. The baker wobbles too much on one for me. Loved last years trivet cuz it was oblong and fit the baker nicely.

I would not use season's best cuz they are getting the DCB cookbook with their order. Maybe the kitchen fork 9.50 might be a nice addition so you can check doneness of potatoes when making chowder and mixnchop is awesome cuz you mash the potatoes right in the pot....Yep, kitchen fork it is....85, 10.50, 9.50, calendar, recipe file = 105.00 (110 in their eyes with the calendar)

By the way, I will use calendars till they are gone....January into February. After that, I will rethink/retool fliers for mass effect!

Fork is a great idea. I didn't think about the DCB and the trivet not being a good "match" this year. I LOVED how last year's was perfect. Good point about the SB also. Should say that our calendar is "priceless" as they can't buy one themselves. Thanks for the input CK.

It took me a few times to read this thread becasue I thought WAIT A sec the DCB is on special for $99.00 when it's in the catalog for $85.00 and I thought hmmmm did I miss something!!! HAHAHA Blond moment I must say and then I GOT IT!!! Making our special bundle pricing for customers who want to order the DCB!!!! I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!

CK-do you have the recipe book file that you give to people with is?

Here is what I hijacked from someone else and added some stuff to it. Still have not worked through all the recipes.

Attachments

• Miracle Pot index.doc
    228 KB · Views: 692
  • Miracle Pot recipes.doc
    270.5 KB · Views: 552
What a great idea!!! I am doing the Loaded Potato Chowder this weekend. Can't wait to try the special out! Have you created yours yet? So I can get an idea?

Here are two flyers I've updated to use my self. This is what I will be offering, but it doesn't mean you have too. The flyers are in word format so it's easier for you to add or change what ever you need. :chef:

Attachments

• DCB Chili - Flyer.doc
    207.5 KB · Views: 557
  • DCB Set.doc
    56 KB · Views: 543
Thank you! That helps! I am really excited to see how this will work at the show! It's a great idea!

I just had to share, I had a show tonigt and told everyone how great the DCB was and had printed off the recipe book that someone had shared and I sold two that night!!! WOOHOO! I'm going to try this at my next show and see if it works again! Thanks for sharing the recipes, the one lady who ordered said it made a huge impact on her buying it since she had all the recipes to use.

I'm doing a big Chocolate & Wine Party at my church next month. Its gonna be a shower type thing, not a fundraiser, to get some good quality stuff in the kitchen. I'm loving this 'set' idea. Are there any other sets people are doing?

TIA,
Sandi

ilovpc-I really like the layout of your flyers, thanks for sharing!

I used the packages last night, and even sold the bigger one! I was so surprised - I really didn't expect anyone to buy all of it, but she gladly did. BTW, it was a great show and is at $800+ right now. She's not done! I think I'm in love with the fajitas!!

I showed a DCB $99 special with the DCB, weeday dinner done, 1 spice, the mix n chop and the e-cookbook, yesterday at a show and it worked!!! A lady was debating if she wanted the DCB and it really was the special that made her buy it. I was so excited, I can't wait to keep bringing my sign along :)

Are you all e-mailing the cookbook or printing it out and giving them a hard copy? Its an awesome collectiong, but a ton of printing!

emailing definitely...I tell them it is an e-cookbook.

Yet another question-do you just mention this or put a flyer in the catalog?

I email the cookbook - too long to print.

As for the flyers, I put them in my guest folder. I always have a catalog, opportunity brochure, order form and now this flyer in there.

Hi all :) I'd like to use the DCB $99 special at my show tomorrow, but I'm confused on how it works. How do I put that info into P3? What am I actually paying for and how am I going to profit from it? Any and all answers are appreciated! TIA :)

Kisha,
You enter each of the items on your special (whatever they may be) individually. The guest is paying $99 for the total items and you "pay" the difference. Put that difference in as a consultant gift under the payment options. My special is about a $4-6 difference in price. You are going to make at least 20% on this sale if the order is just for the special. You'll be making about $15 instead of $20. Plus you'll need to enter the free item for the guest for purchasing over $60 in product. If you increase your sales by using this special, you'll be making a lot more in commission then what you are paying out. HTH

Thanks for responding yanfan24 :)
What is your special? I am using the DCB for the 30 min chicken tomorrow. Should I add the rosemary seasoning to the special or substitute it with something? I am using the flyer from this thread.

If you use the general DCB flyer that IlovPC posted, then you can let them choose their rubs. Lemon Pepper rub is awesome on this! So is the smokey bbq. I just roasted a turkey in my roaster and I use the Rosemary oil dipping seasonings on that. So you can pick the rubs for them, or let them pick.

Kisha,
My DCB is more for the LBPC. It has the DCB, mix 'n chop, rub and WDDD recipe cards.

I use Office Depot (one of our pampered perks) to print the DCB recipe book. It is very professionally done and you can get 10 for under $20 and no shipping if you do double sided black and white. I print the coverpage out myself and personalize it. I order OD's clear cover "leatherette" folders, they are a pack of 10 for under $3.

I use a "30 Minutes to Dinner" flyer w/ the dcb, one rub and the digital themometer. I use a "weekday dinners done" flyer w/ two rubs and both wddd recipe cards. I charge tax on the full thing tho. :chef:

I love doing the Chicken Your Way at shows. I use chicken tenders rather than breasts since there's more to sample and they cook in about 5-6 minutes. I also prepare a seasoned vegetable rice pilaf in the Rice Cooker Plus. I get it started before starting the chicken. I have plenty of gloves on hand and lots of small paper plates so that each guest can season their own chicken tenders (usually 2-3 per guest) and use a new plate for each seasoning that they try out.
My sales have definitely increased with these shows. I also do a Square Grill and Grill Press special at these shows and have sold several "sets". I sell the Grill, the Grill Press and the Chef's Tongs at the regular price and give them the Rice Cooker Plus for free. I have attached my flyer.
Good Luck!
JeanView attachment Chicken Your Way Special.pdf

pctharper said:
Yet another question-do you just mention this or put a flyer in the catalog?

I have a flyer in a clear frame at the show and I tell them about it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Usafwife10
Replies
Views
Chef Endora
  • nancycookspc
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies