• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Credit Card Authorization Procedure

In summary, everyone should be receiving an email about a new credit card procedure about the billing zip code. If you have a different zip code than the physical address for your host, it will likely still work. P3 may have an update soon that will ask for the billing zip code.
pampcheflisa
Gold Member
Did everyone get the email from HO about the new credit card procedure about the billing Zip code?

Just a quick question, do you think it will matter if the zip code is different than the physical address? Sometimes I have hosts that pay for orders on their own card and have their friends pay them back. This should be okay still, right??

I would think that as soon as you have the correct address for her then it will be fine since are are just charging all of it to her on her order. Do you know what I mean??

Just got it. I was thinking the same thing. How are they going to work it for p3?

I'm hoping it'll just be another update for P3...

I guess they are just using it as a security measure to make sure it's the card owner that is using the card, so it probably doesn't really matter on our end so much, just when it's being processed.
I had to think about it for a little bit!!!

P3 will probably just verify that there is a zip code in the address area for guests who pay with a card.

I bet there will be an update for p3!

I've been having problems with guests writing their address down but the BILLING ADDRESS and zip are to a post office box which may have a different zip. These were coming back as unable to process. This has also been a problem with military who move around a lot and their mail is still forwarded from their old address. One show I had 3 cards declined due to the zip code!

At my local gas pumps and at the Red Box movie rentals, it asks for a zip code as well. I think it's just a security question for the card, not a verification of credit card matching up with the guest.

I was told the zip code is for in case you drop your debit/credit card at the pump/store someone can't pick it up and use it without having the correct zip code.. so I am thinking whatever address the bill goes to will have to be the proper zip code..

I'm surprised it took this long. They always match up the card with the billing address.
So funny tuesday had a show, the customer said I have moved and my mailing address is different than my billing address. I said, just give me the billing zip just in case. lol

If you reconcile a declined card on CC, it asks for the billing zip code.

I'm waiting for them to ask for the security code on the back of the card. So many guests, esp. people over the phone, offer it up. People are used to it.

I hope there's a P3 update.

I know I'm going to be a big dope in Jan. and have to call lots of people to get their zip codes. I haven't bought the dup. order forms in a while - still working through my previous supply. I'll have to write something on them and highlight it to get the billing zip. And then there's the outside orders...

For people who own their own home, it will probably be the same.But, as mentioned, some people will have the boxes mailed to their door but they might use a PO Box for the majority of their mail. That's why HO said that they will have a new field on the order forms to ASK for the billing zip - in case it's different than the mailing zip.And I agree with the military thing. We transfer around so much that it sometimes takes a while to get the address updated on all our accounts. If we make a purchase in transition, the zips could very well be different.If someone's buying a gift for someone else, mailing it to the other person but paying with their own card, the zip will probably be different.It will be important to ASK since they two zips may not always match.

HO is asking for it because their credit card processor charges more if they don't have it. It's still up to the bank whether they will approve or decline the charge if it doesn't match. It is possible (though not as likely) that the credit card issuer will allow the charge to go through anyway, especially if it's a lower amount. Then, if the customer disputes the charge later, or claims fraud on it, the bank can go back in their records to see if the information matched, and use that in processing the dispute.

What is the new credit card authorization procedure?

The new credit card authorization procedure is a process that credit card companies are implementing to help prevent fraud and protect their customers. It requires additional steps for cardholders to verify their identity when making purchases.

Why is there a need for a new credit card authorization procedure?

Credit card fraud is a growing concern, and outdated authorization methods are no longer effective in preventing it. The new procedure adds an extra layer of security to protect cardholders from unauthorized use of their credit cards.

How does the new credit card authorization procedure work?

The specific steps may vary by credit card company, but generally, the new procedure involves the cardholder providing additional information or completing an extra step to verify their identity. This could include entering a one-time code sent to their phone or email, answering security questions, or using biometric authentication.

Will the new credit card authorization procedure affect my ability to make purchases?

Yes, the new procedure may add a few extra steps when making purchases, but it is for your protection. It may take a little longer, but it helps ensure that your credit card is being used by you and not someone else.

Do I need to do anything to opt-in for the new credit card authorization procedure?

No, the new procedure is being implemented by credit card companies automatically. However, you may need to update your contact information with your credit card company to ensure you receive any necessary verification codes or messages.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • chefheidi2003