1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Urgent New cookie press vs. Old one

1. kcmckay

kcmckay Advanced Member Gold Member

So I don't have either and have never used a cookie press. One of my mystery hosts is curious if it would be worth buying the new style since she's not super thrilled with old one. I don't know enough about them to give her an informed decision. TIA

Nov 29, 2009
  2. doughmama

doughmama Advanced Member Silver Member

I really disliked the old one. The cookies were too big and it did not work well. But the new one is like the one I have from my grandmother. Very happy with its performance.

Tell your host to try it - and she has 30 days to return it for a full refund or exchange - no lose situation.

Nov 29, 2009
  3. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

The old cookie press was the product I have disliked for a long time. The dough had to be so soft that when you baked the cookie, it lost it's shape.

I am guessing that the plastic discs the old one had did not help the cookie "disengage" from the press. The metal will help that much better. The old one you had to press the cookie onto the cookie sheet then roll it forward. The new one resembles the one I have that my great grandmother had. If it is like that one, it will be very easy for the cookie to release onto the cookie sheet.

I did like the handle on the old one, but it did not make a difference in making it work better.

Nov 29, 2009
Have something to add?