• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious All-Purpose Cookie Press Recipe for Happy Baking

In summary, the "all purpose cookie dough recipe" that we've had from past years works wonderfully in the new cookie press. I tried the spritz recipe (the one that comes with the press now) yesterday and didn't care for it; it tasted bland. I pulled out the all purpose one this morning and only made 1/2 a recipe; it worked wonderfully. I am demoing the press tonite and was getting worried, but now I know that I can just use the all purpose recipe without having to mix it up.
kreaser
Gold Member
I am happy to report that the "all purpose cookie dough recipe" that we've had from past years works wonderful in the new cookie press...I tried the spritz recipe (the one that comes with the press now) yesterday and didn't care for it...tasted bland....and I don't like the idea that we have to use a mixer for the dough...I pulled out the all purpose one this morning and only made 1/2 a recipe...yipppeeee...it worked wonderfully....I am demoing the press tonite and was getting worried...
Here is what I used:
1/2 a box of white cake mix (you can use yellow or chocolate too)
1 stick of margarine
1 stick of real butter
(the reason for this is because if you use all butter the dough starts to thicken up too quick.
1 1/3 cups flour

**put cake mix and flour in bowl
**melt stick of butter in micro cooker
**cut in stick of margarine and let rest 3 minutes until all melted together and creamy
**pour into dry mixture...
**use scraper to mix together (it's mixes right up)
**put in press

(full recipe)
1 cake mix
2 3/4 cups flour
2 sticks of margarine
2 sticks of butter (melt the 2 sticks and then cut the margarine into that)

**I only wanted to do 1/2 a batch because this amount still did my lg. round stone and the new cookie sheet full of pumpkin cookies...
I put a few orange sprinkles on them before baking them...Yummmmmmmy

Thanks for the tip!

That's for the tip.

we have to use a mixer for the dough.

I made these and din't cream the butter enough, dough was bad.
I contacted test kitchens and they said you need to cream that butter really well, to create a light & fluffy cookie

The Peanut Butter Press recipe from All the Best works too! 1 cup PB 1 Cup sugar 1 egg. Great for people who need gluten free!

did them at my show tonite with the "all purpose recipe" I posted earlier..worked fine...I also had grabbed a pillsbury peanut cookie dough tube before I left for show just in case...I put that in the press with nothing else and it worked really well...they came right out onto my stone and onto new aluminum cookie sheet..so that's a cheap way to show the press if you want at shows..no mixing at all...you could add 1/4 cup flour to the PB dough if you want to stiffen it up just a little...

kreaser said:
did them at my show tonite with the "all purpose recipe" I posted earlier..worked fine...I also had grabbed a pillsbury peanut cookie dough tube before I left for show just in case...I put that in the press with nothing else and it worked really well...they came right out onto my stone and onto new aluminum cookie sheet..so that's a cheap way to show the press if you want at shows..no mixing at all...you could add 1/4 cup flour to the PB dough if you want to stiffen it up just a little...

Ooooh, that's cool, didn't know that you could do that... Will it work with the pillsbury sugar cookie tubes too? My son is allergic to PB so that won't work for us, but the sugar cookie would... may have to try that, the kids love to make cookies and that would be a great way to try out my new cookie press...

What temperature do you bake them and time?

Also looking for the temp and time. Mixing them up right now and went to preheat the oven and realized that info. was missing. Gonna guess 350, 8-10 min. if I don't hear!

What is a cookie press and how does it work?

A cookie press is a kitchen tool used to easily and quickly create consistent cookie shapes. It works by pressing cookie dough through a decorative disk, creating a variety of shapes and designs.

Can I use the cookie press for other types of dough, like pastry or pasta?

While the cookie press is primarily designed for cookie dough, it can also be used for other types of dough such as pastry or pasta. However, the consistency of the dough may need to be adjusted for best results.

How do I clean my cookie press?

Cleaning a cookie press is simple and easy. After use, disassemble the press and wash all parts in warm, soapy water. Dry thoroughly before reassembling and storing. Do not put any parts in the dishwasher as it may damage them.

What are some tips for using the cookie press to get the best results?

To get the best results when using the cookie press, make sure your dough is the right consistency - not too soft or too firm. Also, make sure to use the right disk for the type of cookie you want to make. And finally, be gentle when pressing the dough to avoid any air pockets and ensure a smooth shape.

Are there any recipes specifically designed for the cookie press?

Yes, there are many recipes specifically designed for the cookie press, including the "New Cookie Press Recipe" that comes with your purchase. You can also find a variety of recipes online or in Pampered Chef cookbooks that are perfect for your cookie press.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nancycookspc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Michelle817