• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant with Fundraiser in 3 weeks!!

ayalaa

Feb 16, 2006
I need advice and plenty of it. This is my first fundraiser for a friend who will be participating in American Lung Cancer Association's Bike Across America this summer. God Bless her, I know I could never imagine trying to do that.

This is the thing...We will be having a cooking show at her home on a Friday evening. This weekend I am meeting with her to go over things. WHAT DO I GO OVER? I know the basic show items but what are the things I should tell her about the fundraiser?

Do the guests write checks to me or to the charity? How does her charity get the money and applied to her sponsor goal?

Just need a little advice, thanks!:D

beepampered

Veteran Member
Oct 22, 2005
one

I've only done one fundraiser so take this for what it's worth.

First, the host introduced me and her "cause" - why she was raising money and who benefited. We all had tears in our eyes.

Second, I, almost crying, explain how the fundraiser worked - 20% (I matched 5%) of sales to organization, $10 (Again, I matched some) per booking, and tax deductible donations could be written directly to the organization and given to the host.

Third, we "auctioned" the host special by having people write on the back of their prize drawing slip how much they would be willing to pay for the $29.50 bowls. Then, that person wrote a check to the organization for the difference (it brought in $55 total)

That's it but it was mostly just a regular show.

Good luck...BEE

KHocutt

Aug 20, 2005
fundraiser

Congrat's on your fundraiser.
You would do this like a "normal" show, the "host" would have guests write checks to you or her, you would enter the organization's name in PP and Pampered Chef sends a check to the organization. (can't be an individual) *Just be sure to enter it as a fundraiser not a cooking show.

ayalaa

Feb 16, 2006
Thank you!!

Thank you both for the information and support. I am so nervous, she's good friend but I know if it does not go well I will never hear the end of it.:eek: