• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant to Be -- Signing in One Week

In summary, Brooke is a new consultant who is starting her business. She is hosting a party to kick off her business and is looking for advice on how to boost her bookings.
bgupton
Hello everyone! My name is Brooke and I will be fulfilling something I've been thinking about for along time when I sign on with TPC next week. I love the product and I'm not in it to get rich by an means. I lost my job as a high school chorus teacher due to budget cuts at the end of the school year. I'm still looking for a teaching positiong, but wanted a way to make some extra cash to help with bills. I'm looking forward to starting this journey! :chef:

So my question about bookings. I'm hosting a party in a week to start my kick off. I will host and use part of my free product value toward my new consultants kit, and then work on building from there with the free and half price items I will earn (which I'm hoping will be a lot)! The consultant I am booking with will be giving me all the future bookings, plus once we reach a certain amount in sales she is going to give me enough for my "first" show. I've seen on here where some consultants give them the whole show, but I'm very comfortable with what she is doing. It's my best friend and I want her to get her commision. I want to know first how we (being both me and my consultant) can really boost bookings from this show and how in the future I can work towards getting bookings without having to rely on just friends and families? How have you been able to break out of your "inner circle" and start making new contacts? I really want this business to work and hopefully someday be in a position where I don't have to work full time (a dream...I know). My previous job was in a different community than where I live, and I have an interview tomorrow with the same district I worked for previously, so I'm hoping to have those outside contacts to work in my favor. Any and all ideas will be appreciated!

Brooke
New Consultant-to-Be

Last edited:
Brooke,Sorry to hear about your job. I'm a fourth grade teacher. I see budget cuts affecting many. When one of my consultants had her first show with friends/family, I had her hand traced on a piece of paper. I ask the guests to help give her a big high five to starting her business. I encouraged everyone to put their name on a finger to help her by hosting a cooking or a catalog show for her. She had a full hand when we were done. It worked! My role at her first show was sharing the monthly specials and getting her bookings. I wanted her to focus on the products and recipe.Set goals for yourself. Teachers, I think,make the best consultants. We're organized. We work in front of people all day long. When I set goals for myself, I see more results. The summer is a great time to start your business. That's when I work mine more. I go to local festivals and set up a booth. I strongly encourage this. Your recruiter or her director will probably have a banner you can borrow. Do the 3-2-1 the company speaks of. It sounds so simple, but it sooooo works!

Thanks so much Julie! I'm excited to get started! I'm looking forward to learning more and building my business for myself, my husband, and hopefully future family.

Those were some great tips! Any other advice would be greatly appreciated from any of the seasoned consultants, or newbies that are having great success!

Oh and Julie, I promise I didn't steal your quote! I just couldn't figure out how to make my signature show up. Walt Disney is a daily inspiration for me. =)

Hi Brooke, welcome to PC and CS. You'll find that we are so happy here to share things, don't worry about using quotes, etc., that we may use.I strongly suggest you go through all the training that you can on Consultant Corner. Fairs, etc. are great ways to break out of your "circle". I have the PC stickers on my car windows and people really do notice. I think that has helped me alot in PC. It is very exciting, indeed, to begin this new business.

Thanks Gail! Since I haven't officially signed yet, will I have access to products like the car sticker, once I sign on?? Oh and what about the tote bag with the clear window on the front. Does that come in in the new consultants kit? I want to make sure I have that to carry everywhere I go. Any other product that you have found in helping to promote your PC business, either at shows or in public??

Congratulations Brooke!

The Catalog Tote you are referring to is not in your kit but it's available for $15 through what's called a supply order. Definitely get that! The window stickers, etc. are available through a company called Merrill which you'll have access to once you sign as well.

As for your original question, my best advice to encourage your friends and family to bring friends with them that you do not know. That way you'll increase attendance AND have the opportunity to get bookings from people you didn't know before the show which will lead to whole new circles of people at their shows! It was my neighbor's show where she invited a lot of friends and family not just other neighbors so I only knew a couple of people and that helped me break out.

Hi Brooke, and welcome!
Like you, I came to check out this site before signing. it is a great resource, I have gotten so many ideas and so much inspiration from the people here!
Best of luck to you with your new business!
Marghi

Welcome, and best wishes!One of the best things you can do is make sure that you tell EVERYONE about your new business and invite them to host a party. You'll be hearing about your list of 100. Right now is a good time to sit down and write down the names of everyone you know. Everyone. Friends. Colleagues. Your husband's friends. Your children's friends' parents. Everyone. Once you've gotten off to a good start (say, 6 months from now) you should make it a rule to never approach a potential host as someone who is doing you a favor. But, this is the perfect time to do just that. Here's some sample wording: "I'm starting a my own Pampered Chef business. I'm really excited about it. Would you be willing to help me get off to a great start by hosting a party?"

Welcome to PC Brooke!!I am from Kentucky as well. When I first started out (and what I'm doing now that I've relocated) is to ask EVERYONE at my shows if they are interested in the opportunity, booking a cooking show, then lastly a catalog show. If they say no to all 3, I then ask if they know of anyone interested, I would appreciate them passing along my business card. (I always tell them I'll provide a gift for referrals.)

Have your friend listen to the "Promoting Leaders Pronto" audio on the Online Training Center. It basically walks through, step by step, what she can do at the kick-off show to help you start off on the best foot.

Brooke,LOL about the quote. I use that at school too. It's an inspiration for anyone! If you have kids, get them involved with your PC business. Even my 6 year old stamps catalogs for me.

I would say one of my biggest mistakes was not doing a good job with the "100 list". I would sit there trying to rack my brain. Then months later someone would pop in my mind or I would run into people that I had never thought of. As you are doing your day to day errands, always keep in mind someone you may not a thought of and write it down. I do have a catalog tote bag, but when I am food shopping I still carry a Cookbook with me as if I am looking at a recipe, so if they don't see the tote bag, the cookbook will stand out. Not that I am always using that recipe, but nobody knows that.
Also, don't forget all the other teachers you worked with. That could be a huge advantage for you. Send everyone of them an email, even if you don't know them personally. Don't forget to remind them of fundraisers. I was fortunate to do a fundraiser for my daughters after school program. Even though it was small, the teacher was so excited and is planning to get the whole school involved in the fall. There are 3,500 students. :D Not to mention another possible fundraiser from it.
Just remember, every time you go out of your house, you have an opportunity to find new business. Good Luck!

You should ask your friend to re-think your first show. Under the current recruiting incentive she can get 4000 points towards a trip or $50 Pampered Chef Dollars if you qualify in your first 30 days. She will also get a $25 recruiting bonus if you qualify in your first 30/90 days. So she will get some compensation for letting you submit all the sales from your first show. But if you are able to qualify in your first 30 days, you'll both get a bonus! You'll get PC Dollars and she'll be able to choose between the extra incentive trip points or the PC Dollars. It's definitely a win/win situation!!! :DI've also learned from my upline that it's SUPER important for YOU to be the consultant at your show, not your recruiter! If your guests see you as the consultant, they are more likely to book a show with you. If they see you as "just being the host", they will have reservations about booking a show with you. The best place to practice is with YOUR friends! :D Tell them that you are starting your new business ask them to be patient. Make sure you ask them if they would be willing to host a show to help you get your new business up & off the ground. If they say yes, encourage them to invite as many people as they can, that you don't know! By inviting people you don't already know, they are helping you to expand outside your circle. At the end of the show, ask for constructive criticism. ;) Was there anything that they loved & would recommend that you not change. If there was one thing that they think you should re-vamp, what would it be & why? Then listen to what they say. Don't let it hurt your feelings, use it as a learning tool to do better with strangers. :D Your friends are more likely to be honest with you than strangers would be. And it's always better to know what they didn't like than to have people complaining about something behind your back. ;) You don't know what you don't know and you can't fix what you don't know is wrong or broken. ;)Try to find some opportunities to work a booth! Even if it's just at a church event. The more you get your name out there the faster your business will grow! The sooner you get your name out there, the sooner your business will grow!You are on the right track wanting to get the catalog tote and the advertising for your car. If you want, you can give the money to your recruiter & have her order the catalog tote now! Then you will be able to start advertising with it as soon as you sign!!! You will have to wait until you are in the PC system & Merrill can see you before you will be able to order the car advertising. ;)Congratulations on your decision to start your new business. I wish you LOTS of luck and hope that you have a very successful start!!! :D

Thanks Sheila! Some great advice! I was planning on talking with her about me taking a role in being "consultant" at my party even though I won't sign until the end of the party. I am meeting with her in a couple of days to talk about the party and start putting some stuff together for me. I think we will be able to work out something where I can help with the demo and spotlight some of the products!! We may be going to meet with her director too. Maybe the director will suggest that to her about me submitting the whole show, but I don't know. I hate to ask it because I dont' want to stir up any bad blood. We've talked and I think I can qualify in my first 30 days! I really want the stainless mixing bowls!!

Thought I'd pop in on this thread.. I'm siging this Thursday! I've got some bookings lined up and my "grand opening" planned. I'm really excited. The info on here has been so amazing.. I'm glad I stumbled across this site and joined!

DeannaK1022 said:
Thought I'd pop in on this thread.. I'm siging this Thursday! I've got some bookings lined up and my "grand opening" planned. I'm really excited. The info on here has been so amazing.. I'm glad I stumbled across this site and joined!

Congratulations!

Welcome, Brooke!I'm a middle school band teacher and it is absolutely amazing to have PC and CS in addition to teaching. One of the things you can absolutely do is pursue folks at your previous school in asking them to have a show for you. Approach folks singly (not by mass email) and ask if they would help you out by having a few friends over and you share a recipe. You'll be surprised at how easy it is to get some help!Good luck, God bless and take care! -Scott

bgupton said:
Hello everyone! My name is Brooke and I will be fulfilling something I've been thinking about for along time when I sign on with TPC next week. I love the product and I'm not in it to get rich by an means. I lost my job as a high school chorus teacher due to budget cuts at the end of the school year. I'm still looking for a teaching positiong, but wanted a way to make some extra cash to help with bills. I'm looking forward to starting this journey! :chef:

So my question about bookings. I'm hosting a party in a week to start my kick off. I will host and use part of my free product value toward my new consultants kit, and then work on building from there with the free and half price items I will earn (which I'm hoping will be a lot)! The consultant I am booking with will be giving me all the future bookings, plus once we reach a certain amount in sales she is going to give me enough for my "first" show. I've seen on here where some consultants give them the whole show, but I'm very comfortable with what she is doing. It's my best friend and I want her to get her commision. I want to know first how we (being both me and my consultant) can really boost bookings from this show and how in the future I can work towards getting bookings without having to rely on just friends and families? How have you been able to break out of your "inner circle" and start making new contacts? I really want this business to work and hopefully someday be in a position where I don't have to work full time (a dream...I know). My previous job was in a different community than where I live, and I have an interview tomorrow with the same district I worked for previously, so I'm hoping to have those outside contacts to work in my favor. Any and all ideas will be appreciated!

Brooke
New Consultant-to-Be

I don't believe you can be the consultant at your own show AND use the FREE PRODUCT VALUE towards your kit.
This might be why your friend, the current consultant is taking part of the show.
Does this make sense?

lockhartkitchen said:
Brooke,

When one of my consultants had her first show with friends/family, I had her hand traced on a piece of paper. I ask the guests to help give her a big high five to starting her business. I encouraged everyone to put their name on a finger to help her by hosting a cooking or a catalog show for her.

I LOVE this idea!! I just signed a new consultant yesterday and would really like her to start off with a bang. (btw: She is a school librarian.) My previous consultants have not done well and did not stick with the biz. I feel like I've done whatever I can to help them but this "hand" idea is SOOOO awesome! I will definitely be using it to help all my new consultants! Thanks for sharing!!
Debbie

PampChefDeb said:
I don't believe you can be the consultant at your own show AND use the FREE PRODUCT VALUE towards your kit.
This might be why your friend, the current consultant is taking part of the show.
Does this make sense?

I'm actually not signing until the night of my show. I'm still just the host technically so I can earn free products and have that to put toward my kit. I'm getting all the future bookings from the show so I am perfectly okay with that. I hope to go on and build on my kit using some of my free, 1/2 price and discounted products. I'm already making contacts to hopefully get some cooking show or catalog bookings at my party. Closer to Christmas I plan to have my first Open House as a consultant at my new home. Sadly I know I will be able to get people to come because they want to see the new house. Sneaky!! haha! Hopefully by this time next week I will be all set up as a consultant. Can't wait for all my new goodies to come!!

Hey everyone! We had a great show last night!! I was able to get enough to apply $40 towards my consultant kit AND still got $100 worth of free products. I also got the Cool and Serve at 60% off!!! =) I had 3 half price and got some small things since I was already paying for my consultants kit. Me and my now senior consultant also got enough that we are submitting 2 shows. She closed the show last night for me so that I can sign TODAY, and then I've got some other orders coming in to submit MY first show. I'm going to do that the first of July. I want the bamboo salad bowl.

In addition I recieved several booking leads!!! My first cooking show is going to be in just about 2 weeks. YIKES!! So exciting though. Two ladies want to do catalog orders, and at least 3 other cooking shows. I really hope I'm able to branch out from my inner circle. I really think the booking slides helped last night. We presented them, me and my senior consultant, and really pushed the great benefits of all the PC products and that helped. We had 3 or 4 that had never purchased or seen any PC products before, and then several that had lots of stuff including the pots and pans. I'm really jazzed about this and hope I see success! Thanks for your support!! =)

congrats Brooke! I have my first cooking show in a couple weeks too. I'm working for my first 30 day's be a success!! My biggest hurdle is a friend who say's she'll have a party for me this month.. but I can't get a date from her. I'm seeing her tomorrow so I'm taking my date book and a host packet. I'm going to get that show booked!

Congratulations! Sounds like you're already off to a great start.

Woohoo! Brooke, I am so happy for you, what a great start! Looking forward to hearing more success stories from you!
Marghi

1. What items come in the starter kit for new consultants?

The starter kit for new consultants includes a variety of kitchen tools and products, as well as business supplies to help you get started. Some items you can expect to receive include our top-selling kitchen gadgets, cookware, and bakeware, as well as catalogues, order forms, and training materials.

2. How long does it take to receive the starter kit after signing up?

Once you sign up as a new consultant, it typically takes 1-2 weeks for your starter kit to arrive. You will receive a tracking number so you can keep an eye on its progress and anticipate its arrival.

3. Is there a minimum sales requirement for new consultants?

No, there is no minimum sales requirement for new consultants. We encourage our consultants to set their own goals and work at their own pace. You can sell as little or as much as you'd like – it's up to you!

4. Are there any fees or hidden costs associated with becoming a consultant?

There is a one-time enrollment fee of $109 to become a consultant, but there are no additional fees or hidden costs. Your starter kit provides everything you need to get started, and you can choose to renew your membership annually for only $35.

5. What kind of support and training is available for new consultants?

As a new consultant, you will have access to our online training platform which includes videos, webinars, and resources to help you learn about our products and build your business. You will also have a mentor who will guide you and provide support along the way. Our team is always available to answer any questions and offer assistance whenever needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennis
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Trisa D
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • soimpatient