1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings New Consultant Needs Help

1. Bill Faber

Bill Faber Member Gold Member

Hi Everyone,
    I am really new. Do not even have my kit yet, even though I check everyday it has not shipped yet. Hope it gets here before the first show.

My question is my partner is doing the first show and did not have a choice really. But how do I go about getting the other 3 bookings from that show. I mean I know at the show I will be asking. A couple of my friends have already agreed to do shows that my director has given me although she said I should not count those I should work on getting my own as well.

How do you go about asking your friends at this point to do the shows. I have verbally invited them to our show( the first one) but I would like to also start to have a couple others on the books. Any suggestions on how to ask others for shows so that you can get them under your belt as well.

Thanks,
    Newbie- Bill

Aug 31, 2009
  2. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Congratulations on starting your business.

To check your kit, go to fedex, and track by reference number use this reference number when the first 6 digits are your consultant number. XXXXXXG000101

I suggest taking the classes on bookings that are available online. One tip, is to make it about them, not about you.

3. StacieB

StacieB Veteran Member Gold Member

Start filling out your list of 100. This will look at all aead of your life and it a great tool to use.

Aug 31, 2009
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Welcome, and best wishes on your new business.

Make sure everyone in every aspect of your life knows that you are now a Pampered Chef Consultant and that you're hoping many of them will want to host shows* so they can get the great tools we offer free or discounted.

*The company uses the word "show," but I use the word "party." After all, everyone knows how to host a party. Hosting a show sounds daunting to many.

Aug 31, 2009
  5. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

For the guests at the show, just stress the great benefits that hosts can receive. I take printouts of all the upcoming month specials or you can do one of the shortcuts here on CS that shows a brief synopsis of the upcoming months. After explaining the benefits of being a host, mention the Charter Host Gift and explain that they can get a little extra "thank you" from Pampered Chef for being one of your Charter Hosts. That sold 2 people at my new recruit's first show on Saturday! :)

Aug 31, 2009
  6. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

Welcome, Bill! I will say it first: I am the mouthy one on this forum! LOL

I usually say, "If you find there is a lot more that you want to buy than you can tonight, the best thing to do is host a show and you WILL walk away with at least $100 in free PC products." (I base the $100 on my show average). But it would be a pretty safe number for you to work with. You would just host coach, so that they have a good show!

Aug 31, 2009
  7. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I'm sure there are others who are in close competition for that title. :D

Sep 1, 2009
  8. AJPratt

Hey, everyone is good at something!:D

Sep 1, 2009
  9. Pamperedva

Pamperedva Member Gold Member

An idea from my director: Order forms - name only! Drawing slips - complete information. When you are ready to hand out drawing slips, hand it personally to the person and in a low voice say to them "I would love to do a party with you". Next person - "I would love to do a party with you". You have to do it with each person in attendance at your party because if a person hears you say it to the person next to them and then not to them, they will think you didn't want to do a party with them. You have just personally invited every person in that room to have a party with you. At the check out, you have a reason to followup by asking again.

I will be trying this at my upcoming show, my first since my most recent move. Here we go again!

Sep 1, 2009
  10. PamperedSD

PamperedSD Member

I'm sure you will get lots of great ideas from this site. I'm new as well - just started last month. To get me started I brought in a dessert to work and set out a few catalogs. Everyone that asked me for the recipe I had it printed out with my pampered chef info. I got a booking from it. Another co-worker mentioned that she loved the stoneware so I told her its her lucky day its the special for September and I would love to host a show for her. To practice I went over to my SIL's house to make the brunch sqares - she loved them so I told her if she and her hubby would like to do a catalog show I would purchase the med bar board as a thank you for hosting my first catalog show and giving me the experiece. I hope this helps. :D

Sep 1, 2009
  11. AJPratt

Also, try to attend shows of others in your cluster! You'll gets lots of great ideas!

Sep 1, 2009
Have something to add?