• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant Needs Help

P
pc_am1
Hi all. I am officially signing my agreement tomorrow but an organization I belong to has had 2 PC fundraisers in the past. The first time they got a check from HO but the second time they got a "better check" from the consultant directly and would obviously prefer to do it the second way. Just wondering since I'm new what is the "second way" for me to write the check myself. They would like to do the fundraiser in October when then normally do it which is great for me because I need the shows for SS1. Please help and is this a "legal" way to do a fundraiser? I know that I can donate part of my comission on top of the HO portion but did she just donate more the second time or what?

Thanks in advance.
Amanda

Amanda,
I know there are some consultants out there who do their own fundraisers in a different way. I'm not too familiar with it. Other than what I've read here. As far as it being "legal" I have no idea really. I know some consultants kick in their own percentage of sales and end up donating their commission, so maybe that's what the 2nd fundraiser was like. I know some out there do a pretty confusing-sounding (at least to me) way of doing Bingo. Maybe do a search of this site and see what pops up under "fundraisers" or "bingo." Good luck!

Different in UKNow this might be different in the UK but..... as a F/R is only 10% contribution if the show is under £400 and 15% if over (plus commission is 15% for a F/R and 20% for a KS). I know consultants who have put F/R's with low sales through as a home Kitchen Show and taken the host gifts themselves either to sell or to enhance their kit, and given the charity a personal cheque. Could this be what the second consultant did?
Yvonne

Legal Fundraiser $$$According to my director, who states she heard this from home office, what you can do is collect all the orders, and for the ones that paid by cash or check, enter those orders as the free host product, and that way you, the consultant is left with about 24% (depending on sales) of the show total, that you then make that donation yourself. My director states that home office told her to do this and that it is legal. :rolleyes:
Hope this helps

Hi Amanda, congratulations on becoming a Pampered Chef consultant! It's great to hear that you have experience with fundraisers through your organization and that you are looking for ways to make it even more successful. As a consultant, you have the option to choose how you want to handle the funds raised during a fundraiser. The first option is to have the check come directly from the Home Office, which is what happened during the first fundraiser. The second option is to have the check come from you as the consultant, which is what happened during the second fundraiser. When the check comes from you as the consultant, you have the flexibility to donate part of your commission on top of the Home Office portion. This is a great way to support the fundraiser even more and show your commitment to the organization. It is important to note that both options are legal and approved by Pampered Chef. It is up to you to decide which option works best for you and the organization you are fundraising for. If you have any further questions or need assistance with setting up a fundraiser, your upline or the Home Office can provide guidance and support. I hope this helps and good luck with your upcoming fundraiser in October! It's a great opportunity to not only support a good cause, but also to build your business and reach your SS1 goals. Best of luck!

1. What is the "second way" for me to write the check myself?

The "second way" refers to directly donating a portion of your commission to the organization instead of having the organization receive a check from the company. This allows for a higher donation amount for the organization.

2. Is this a "legal" way to do a fundraiser?

Consultants are allowed to donate a portion of their commission to organizations for fundraisers. However, it is always best to check with your company's policies and guidelines to ensure that you are following proper protocol.

3. How can I donate a portion of my commission for a fundraiser?

Consultants can choose to donate a specific percentage or amount of their commission to an organization for a fundraiser. This can be done by manually writing a check or by coordinating with your company's accounting department.

4. Did the consultant donate more the second time or what?

It is possible that the consultant donated more the second time, as they have the option to choose the donation amount. However, it is also possible that they may have donated the same amount but the organization received a larger check due to factors such as increased sales or different commission rates.

5. How can I incorporate fundraisers into my business as a new consultant?

You can incorporate fundraisers into your business by reaching out to organizations in your community and offering them the option of a fundraiser. You can also promote fundraisers on your social media platforms and through word of mouth to increase participation and sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Laura Kavanaugh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Niki Kate
  • Tracy99
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • PChefPEI