• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant - Mail Information Now or Wait?

not just send a flyer out.Sheila, does it work with credit card purchases, too? Just wondering because my new recruit was asking how she can do online orders. I just told her to have people browse on the main site and then call or e-mail their orders and give payment info over the phone or mail a check. But if my website could help in some way, I bet she'd rather do that. She also asked about e-mail invitations.As long as they are ordering under a show, then yes. When you (as the recruiter) print out the order, the cc # is right there. The recruit can then data entry it just like a regular order
Mystik
Hi all, just resigned tonight after being out of the business for a year. I have a letter I found on here that I want to send out to as many people as I can think of to get bookings, at the very least some orders. Do I mail it out now, or wait until I get the PC debit card and set up my website?

Also, if I should mail ASAP, should I include the new items flyer from Joyce or wait until I can order some mini catalogs?

Thanks everyone for your help. :)

Don't mail anything, call people!! The personal touch will make the difference.If you do mail something I would do it now so you can get them on your books for parties or at least start collecting orders. You don't need your website to collect orders, they can go to the main PC website and look up the catalog there.

Thanks for the tip to call people. I do plan to follow-up with as many people as I can verbally.

Yes, start CALLING people now to announce that you are starting up again & ask if they would be willing to host a show to help you get your business up & off the ground. You won't get the same response from a group e-mail that you will get from personally talking to people.

Once you do get your web page, you'll definitely want to advertise it. But there's no point in wasting valuable time.

You can also ask your recruiter or upline Director to set up your online shows on THEIR web page. Then you can still accept online orders. They'll have to print the orders, hand them to you (or e-mail if you don't live close) and let you hand enter them like you took the order on a regular order form ... but it will work! My team does it all the time. ;)

Sheila said:
Yes, start CALLING people now to announce that you are starting up again & ask if they would be willing to host a show to help you get your business up & off the ground. You won't get the same response from a group e-mail that you will get from personally talking to people.

Once you do get your web page, you'll definitely want to advertise it. But there's no point in wasting valuable time.

You can also ask your recruiter or upline Director to set up your online shows on THEIR web page. Then you can still accept online orders. They'll have to print the orders, hand them to you (or e-mail if you don't live close) and let you hand enter them like you took the order on a regular order form ... but it will work! My team does it all the time. ;)

Sorry for the interruption on the discussion...

Sheila, does it work with credit card purchases, too? Just wondering because my new recruit was asking how she can do online orders. I just told her to have people browse on the main site and then call or e-mail their orders and give payment info over the phone or mail a check. But if my website could help in some way, I bet she'd rather do that. She also asked about e-mail invitations.

As long as they are ordering under a show, then yes. When you (as the recruiter) print out the order, the cc # is right there. The recruit can then data entry it just like a regular order form in front of them. Just make sure as the recruiter, that you don't add their contacts to your database. And definitely that you don't pull the orders into one of your shows. ;)

I agree that the key is to follow up with that personal connection via phone. You can email the letter, adjusted to your style. If you're on FB, then let everyone know you started your biz. You then have a list of people to contact.

Call each person and share the excitement of your new biz. Let them know you'd love for them to host a show and get free product. It will help you start your biz and they are rewarded with our great toys. Plus, if they host in your 1st 30 days, they'll get an extra bonus thank you gift from the company.

Also remember to ask each one if THEY"D like to take advantage of our company and start their own biz. You can all learn together and share the adventure.

In regards to the flyer or mini's. They are great and feel free to pass as you want. The key though is to actually talk to the person and ask them to join, host or buy. :)

Congrats on your new biz! Wishing you fun and lots of success!

Having trouble quoting the previous post on my iPod right now, but just wanted to make sure you all heard that there is no longer the Charter Host gift program.

babywings76 said:
Having trouble quoting the previous post on my iPod right now, but just wanted to make sure you all heard that there is no longer the Charter Host gift program.

Really!?! I hadn't heard. I looked at a P3 March show and it's still showing up - item CK96

I guess I should clarify, too, just in case anyone does still have it in affect for them. It depends on when they signed...I had just told my potential recruit (who signed this past Saturday-yay! :)) about the charter host gift. Then I couldn't find any flyers or anything on CC for it. I asked my director and she had called Tech Support, and they couldn't find it either and didn't know what was going on. Then the next day in the NewsWire it said that the Charter Host Gift program was going away. I called Career Solutions to find out when it was going into affect, if it was starting w/ March recruits or what and this is what they said:Recruits who signed by Feb. 13th still have the Charter Host gift program. If anyone signed from the 14th or after, they do not get to have Charter host gifts.

Wow, thanks for the clarification Amanda! Yikes, looks like I may have to be buying a couple of thank you gifts for my new team members! :)

It'll be worth it if it helps them get started right away!

Regarding the original post, Absolutely mail letters - and then follow-up with a phone call or personal live contact. Contacting folks via multiple means is very helpful. Don't expect that people will flock to you with just a single mailing/call out. So many times I've offered an open house / mystery host show, with just flyers or post cards - and gotten single-digit attendance. But when I've emailed, sent a flyer and called - specifically those 3 items, I at least get an RSVP back from folks and future business. Best bet? (1) Send a mini catalog with an enticing sticker on the front "Party at Jan's Friday evening - YOU'RE INVITED - details on the back" and on the back, the label from CCorner for mini catalogs. (2) Call 4-5 days after you mail it. (3) Email or postcard 3-4 days before your event with a reminder or special deal (bring a guest, get a gift! OR the guest special). You'll see marked improvement in who "cares" and in who shows up. Finally, never ever send or give catalogs or mini catalogs without getting personal contact information in return. One great way around this, is having a supply of recent catalogs (last season or prior) and giving those freely, but telling folks - "here is an idea of our product line. I do have current catalogs for folks who want to do business in the next few weeks; if you would like one, there is no charge--but in exchange for giving me your contact information, I'd love to offer you a cooking class or free products for hosting your friends with a fun evening in. Otherwise, I can at least collect your order and get your items shipped right out to you!"

1. Can I request to have my new consultant materials mailed to me right away?

Yes, as soon as you sign up as a new consultant with Pampered Chef, you can request to have your materials mailed to you immediately. Simply reach out to your consultant support team or your recruiter to make this request.

2. Is it better to wait for my materials to arrive in the mail or can I access them online?

You can access many of your new consultant materials online through our consultant portal. However, we do recommend waiting for your physical materials to arrive as they contain important items like your starter kit and product samples.

3. How long does it typically take for the new consultant materials to arrive in the mail?

It usually takes 5-7 business days for your new consultant materials to arrive in the mail. However, this may vary depending on your location and any potential shipping delays.

4. Can I start building my business before I receive my new consultant materials?

Yes, you can start building your business and sharing Pampered Chef with others before your materials arrive. You can access resources and training materials online, and your consultant support team can also assist you in getting started.

5. What should I do if I haven't received my new consultant materials after the estimated delivery time?

If you haven't received your new consultant materials after the estimated delivery time, please reach out to your consultant support team or your recruiter for assistance. They can track your package and provide you with an update on its status.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bgilmore
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • Joyce D
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76