• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a New Consultant Conquer Their Nerves and Find Success in Direct Sales?

In summary, as a new consultant in direct sales, it's normal to feel nervous, but you can overcome this by practicing and using relaxation techniques. To find success, focus on providing great customer service, staying organized, and building relationships. Balancing multiple responsibilities can be challenging, but prioritize and manage your time effectively. Aim for at least 8 shows per month, but focus on consistency and gradually increase. Work towards the deep dish baker incentive by setting sales goals and seeking advice from experienced consultants.
middlemamma
Hi Everyone!

I am a new consultant in Idaho. I am 34 years old, two kids. Full time college student. I have been part of the unemployment statistic for the last year and decided since no one would hire me, I would hire myself.

I am terrified and I have a million questions. I am totally starting to get cold feet when I found this forum and hoped I could maybe find the strength I need to keep going. :)

I have only ever been to one kitchen show and I am thinking...what in the world made me think I could do this? OMG! What am I even gonna say?

So I hope to formulate my questions and post them in the appropriate forum categories.

My goal is to do 8 shows a month and I desperately want that deep dish baker incentive!!

Welcome to PC and CS....I'd say watch the training videos. Your first shows will make you totally nervous, but hopefully they are with friends/family and allow you to work through the jitters easily. I'd suggest early on, to keep it simple. Do not try and do too much. My first recipes were the Antipasti Pull Apart, Creamy One Pot Pasta and the Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco (I already had the DCB). The initial recipes they provide in the New Consultants Kit really can sell the products...just learn what you can and enjoy it! I know what helps me is my passion for the products and helping people :)

Welcome!!!! Don't be afraid to ask "dumb" questions....believe me we have ALL been there :D
I hope you have great successes!!!!!

I remember that. And then I did about 6 shows and had a lull and went thru withdraws! You will love it. I LOVE doing shows. Haven't done one in quite a while but have one Saturday.

and remember... if you don't have an answer you can always offer to get one and call them. Great excuse for further contact with them too.

Welcome! Just remember to not do too much. Just do one recipe and keep it simple. Relax and let your love of the products come through. Have people share what their favorite product is so that they are the ones selling the products, too! Plus that takes the pressure off of you. Watch the training videos and if you can, go observe a show or two of your recruiter or director. Best of luck! And don't be afraid of asking questions. We've all been in your shoes! :)

Thank you for all the support!

Welcome! And, best wishes on your new business.Don't worry. I know people who had never been to a PC show before they signed up. Consider your recruiter, your director, and the Home Office to be your main resources. But, consider us a supplemental team. Come by anytime to ask questions.

Welcome and Congrats!

Welcome, just remember this and other loops can be a time waster, it's easy to get caught up in all the threads. Building your business begins with picking up the phone (booking calls, recruit leads, customer care etc)
Good Luck!!

1. How can I overcome my nerves as a new consultant in direct sales?

It's completely normal to feel nervous as a new consultant in direct sales. One way to overcome these nerves is to practice your pitch and presentation before each show. This will help you feel more confident and prepared. You can also try deep breathing exercises or positive affirmations to calm your nerves before a show.

2. What can I do to find success as a new consultant in direct sales?

Success in direct sales comes from hard work, dedication, and building strong relationships with your customers. As a new consultant, focus on providing excellent customer service, staying organized, and consistently promoting your products. Don't be afraid to reach out to your upline or other experienced consultants for advice and support.

3. How can I balance being a new consultant in direct sales with other responsibilities, such as being a full-time college student?

Balancing multiple responsibilities can be challenging, but it's important to prioritize and manage your time effectively. Set aside specific times for your direct sales business and make sure to schedule in time for your other responsibilities as well. Communicate with your family and support system to ensure you have the necessary support to succeed in both areas.

4. How many shows should I aim to do per month as a new consultant?

As a new consultant, it's recommended to aim for at least 8 shows per month. This will help you build momentum and reach your goals. However, don't feel discouraged if you're not able to reach this number at first. Focus on consistency and gradually increase the number of shows as you gain experience and confidence.

5. What is the deep dish baker incentive and how can I achieve it as a new consultant?

The deep dish baker incentive is a reward for meeting a certain sales goal within a specific time frame. As a new consultant, you can work towards this incentive by setting monthly sales goals and consistently promoting your products at your shows. You can also ask your upline or other experienced consultants for tips on how to achieve this incentive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Joyce D
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mmof2grls
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • ChefMedic