• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any tips for a new consultant in PA and unfamiliar with Cs?

In summary, as a new Pampered Chef consultant in PA, it is important to familiarize yourself with the products and company values. To make the most out of your first show, prepare and organize your display, offer special deals, and engage with customers. To boost your sales, utilize the company's tools and resources, offer personalized recommendations, and host your own parties. When encountering an unfamiliar customer, be prepared to answer questions and demonstrate the products while being patient and friendly. To balance your personal life with your business, set a schedule, delegate tasks, and remember to take breaks and make time for loved ones.
~*Heather*~
Hi everyone, my name is Heather and I am 27 years old. I have been married to my wonderful DH for 3 years and we have a little girl who will be 2 in March. I also have a stepson who is 4. I just recently became a consultant after hosting a show. My first show was my training show which my director did and I was there and watch and observed her. I had to enter all the orders plus I got the commission and the bookings from the show. My first show by myself is today at 3. It is actually for a friend of mine. I also have another show scheduled for next Saturday and I already have a cattie show out too. I'm kind of nervous about my show today. Does anybody have any good tips or suggestions for my first show? I look forward to learning and sharing with you all.
Thanks,

Heather ~ WELCOME and CONGRATS on your start!!!!! You will do great. I drive to my shows in a silent car sometimes when I am nervous. Practice the show outloud while driving. You will be great! Remember they are already excited about the food and products. GOOD LUCK!

Thanks, I'm sure it will be just fine, but I'm just nervous that I would be able to think about everything that I need to talk about.

~*Heather*~ said:
Thanks, I'm sure it will be just fine, but I'm just nervous that I would be able to think about everything that I need to talk about.

I know what you're going through...I had my first show last night!:D Something that I did to kinda help put myself at ease was to write a quick outline of the show on an index card. I kept this in my apron pocket. I didn't end up having to look at it, but knowing it was there in case I got stuck helped me!
Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
Jen
(BTW...where in PA are u?)

Hi Heather and WELCOME!!!

I used cheat sheets for my first shows - basically my entire show typed out in order of products etc. Its your family and friends so they will be fine with it - its also ok to show your human side!!! I started my first shows with " HI my name is Doreen and I will be your pc consultant for the evening, if I seem nervous, I am , this is my ### show with PC so thank you for your patience!"

Thanks for all the advice. I am about 30 miles south of Pittsburgh

Congrats on your new business. I know your first show will be great if you just relax. The idea of an outline in your apron for just in case sounds good as well. Let us know how things go this afternoon.

Welcome and good luck this afternoon. what helped me with my first show was to write on cards each big product that I was using in the demo and info on them like page number, cost, and facts about it. I then passed them out and had guests tell about them while I was demoing it. Worked out great. Let us know how it goes.

I will definitely let you all know how it goes. I'm not sure why I'm so nervous because the host is my best friend and she is having it at my house since her house isn't completely done yet. I guess I'm nervous cuz a lot of the people that she invited said that they weren't able to make it. She is getting a lot of outside orders though, so that's good. As of now we are looking at about 5 people and 2 are bring a friend. Well I'm sure everything will end up good. I will let you all know how it went later on.
Thanks

Congrats on starting your business! Good luck at your show today! :balloon:

Hi Heather! Good luck and just remember to have fun. You got into this business because you love The Pampered Chef, so remembering that, just go with it and it'll be fine. Tell everyone that's you're learning along with them. If there is something you don't know, admit that and tell them you'd be happy to find out and get back with them. You'll do fine! Don't worry. I'm a fellow PA, Confluence (an hour from you, but I also have a house in Donora that my MIL lives in)

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and also the advice

I'm going to guess that your show went well, since you updated best show as 602. Way to go! I bet you're glad to have that first one done and over with. Did it go well, nerve wise?

My show did go well. That 602 was technically my 1st show. It was my training show. This one was my first one by myself. She only had 4 people show up but she had a lot of outside orders and is still getting 6 more. She is $120 away from $600. I did get a booking out of the show too. So I'm kinda excited. I'm glad it that it is over and now I have an idea of what to expect and know what I need to work on.

I'm very happy for you Heather! It does seem to get easier each show. I still have many things I need to improve on. Right now I'm happy to have at least one decent show a month with a couple cattys as well. Can't wait for the month that I have 2 a week scheduled. Can't imagine what that's like. As long as I continue to remember to have fun, shows are fun.

~*Heather*~ said:
Thanks for all the advice.

I am about 30 miles south of Pittsburgh

I just had a book party in Bell Vernon!! A friends mom!! Small world.;)

Where at in Belle Vernon? Yes it is a small world.

1. What is the most important thing to remember when starting out as a Pampered Chef consultant in PA?

The most important thing to remember is to familiarize yourself with the products and the company's values. Attend training sessions, read the catalog, and practice using the products so you can confidently demonstrate them to your customers.

2. How can I make the most out of my first show as a new consultant?

Prepare for your show by setting up your display, organizing your products, and practicing your demonstration. Offer special deals or incentives for guests to book their own parties. Be enthusiastic and engage with your customers to create a fun and memorable experience.

3. How can I boost my sales as a new consultant?

Take advantage of Pampered Chef's tools and resources, such as the website and social media, to promote your business and products. Offer personalized recommendations to customers based on their needs and interests. Host your own parties to showcase the products and generate more sales.

4. What should I do if I encounter a customer who is unfamiliar with Pampered Chef products?

Be prepared to answer any questions and demonstrate the products to them. Offer them a taste test or let them try out the products themselves. Share your personal experience and why you love Pampered Chef. And remember to always be patient and friendly.

5. How can I balance being a Pampered Chef consultant with my personal life?

Set a schedule for yourself and prioritize your tasks. Use your free time wisely to promote your business and plan your parties. Don't be afraid to delegate tasks to family or friends to help you out. And most importantly, remember to take breaks and make time for yourself and your loved ones.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Trisa D
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • Cynthia Shugart
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jeffrey Miller