• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I have successful catalog shows as a new consultant on bed rest?

Online party platform: Consider using an online party platform, such as Zoom or Facebook Live, to host virtual parties and demonstrations for your catalog shows.</li> <li>Customer management software: Utilize customer management software, such as Trello or Airtable, to keep track of orders and customer information in an organized manner.</li> <li>Online payment system: Set up an online payment system, such as Paypal or Venmo, to make it easier for customers to pay for their orders.</li></ul>In summary, becoming a new consultant for Pampered Chef while on bed rest may seem challenging, but with the right tips and resources, you can have a
jonna
Hi! I am a new consultant, literally I just joined today after being in love with PC products for over a year. I'm thrilled to become a consultant and I'm excited for my first shows!

There's a catch though. I'm currently on bed rest due to complications with my pregnancy so my first shows are catalog shows. Is there any advice anyone can give me to help make sure these shows are a success? I have a wonderful director who is supporting me 200% but I've noticed so many helpful tips from these boards that I couldn't help but ask.

Wish me luck!!

Welcome! This board has been a wealth of information for me.

Thanks! I've really enjoyed reading through previous threads. So much info and so little time.

Welcome!My advice to have the best shows that you can either catalog or cooking, always host coach throughout! Which you can do no problem even from bed ;) .

Good luck to you and your new biz!

Thanks Heather, I was just reading some coaching tips, so I will definitly put a lot of attention into that!

Congrats on starting your biz and your family!
You could maybe give them a kick in the pants by offering an extra incentive if they hit a certain amount you select or by booking future shows for you, there is a great flier on here called tic tac dough that I am going to start putting in my host packets. Since you are on bed rest and you are just starting out you might have plenty of time to check out all the fliers and stuff on the site, these people are awesome, I get so excited about what I take away from this board. Greg and Deb just about bend over backwards to help everyone out the best they can, and everyone on here is so supportive and have so much information I go into overload sometimes, lol.
Anyways welcome, and if you can't find what you are looking for just ask, it usually doesn't take long for someone to answer your request.

Welcome Jonna. That's great you can start a business while on bed rest! For one thing it will keep you from becoming way bored. My sil was on bed rest and it was hard b/c she had a 2 year old to boot.

If you love PC products, you are even going to love the company MORE! The people are great all around.

No advice that the others haven't already given.
I'll be doing catalog shows too while I'm on the road with my hubby, and have to brainstorm about the neat ways to go about that opportunity as I see people all over the country.

Kris

Thank you all for the warm welcome and wonderful advice.

Jennifer, thank you, I'll look for that flyer. I've been really impressed with how friendly people are and how willing to help everyone is.

Kris, thank you! Good luck with your travels! It sounds like you're going to have fun.

jonna said:
Hi! I am a new consultant, literally I just joined today after being in love with PC products for over a year. I'm thrilled to become a consultant and I'm excited for my first shows!

There's a catch though. I'm currently on bed rest due to complications with my pregnancy so my first shows are catalog shows. Is there any advice anyone can give me to help make sure these shows are a success? I have a wonderful director who is supporting me 200% but I've noticed so many helpful tips from these boards that I couldn't help but ask.

Wish me luck!!

Jonna,
Congrats on the baby and joining PC! I think the biggest thing for catalog shows is not to underestimate them--make sure you are just as excited for the host of the catalog show as you would be for a kitchen show. I know that by host coaching my catalog show hosts, and making sure to talk up all the awesome host benefits, I have had a huge boost in my catalog show sales. Catalog show hosts are not losing out on anything but the $15 extra free product value.. don't focus on what they are losing out on.. focus on what they are getting--which is everything in our amazing host rewards program!! Cooking shows are not for some people, but they love doing catalog shows and really can make a huge success out of them! If you feel you need a little boost, and the host may work harder to achieve it, offer an incentive for him/her to get more in sales. IE: Get $5 off your order for each $100 in guest sales $500 and over. (at $500 they get $5 off, at $600, they get $10 off, etc). Or offer them a free product at a certain level of sales. (For example, when you talk to them on the phone about their wish list, pick something on their list and tell them you'll give it to them free, or at half price, once they reach $X00.00 in guest sales. *Remember, guest sales are totaled before tax/discount/shipping. This way, they'll get something that is on their wish list, and you won't risk offering something that they don't want.. they'll probably push to get a few more orders so they can get something free or half off!) Also, when you're talking to them, tell them that the average catalog show order is $25-$40 (product value), so to get a minimal show, they only need to get 6-10 orders.. That isn't really that hard when you think about it.. A couple friends, a couple co-workers, mom, sister, neighbor.. Help them to brainstorm who they can ask, and tell them to ask EVERYONE!, even if they aren't sure whether or not they'll be interested. It never hurts anyone to ask.
Other than that, I'd take advantage of your time spent on bedrest and email/call your list of 100, friends, family, coworkers, etc. Send a letter about starting your business, and explain your current circumstances. Ask a favor--could you gather a handful of orders for me in exchange for some awesome free stuff and great discounts? They don't even have to spend a dime.. they can take the free stuff, and that's it, if they want.
Good luck, and always remember, we're one big happy family that always helps one another in every way we can. Congrats again!

pchefinski said:
Jonna,
Congrats on the baby and joining PC! I think the biggest thing for catalog shows is not to underestimate them--make sure you are just as excited for the host of the catalog show as you would be for a kitchen show. I know that by host coaching my catalog show hosts, and making sure to talk up all the awesome host benefits, I have had a huge boost in my catalog show sales. Catalog show hosts are not losing out on anything but the $15 extra free product value.. don't focus on what they are losing out on.. focus on what they are getting--which is everything in our amazing host rewards program!! Cooking shows are not for some people, but they love doing catalog shows and really can make a huge success out of them! If you feel you need a little boost, and the host may work harder to achieve it, offer an incentive for him/her to get more in sales. IE: Get $5 off your order for each $100 in guest sales $500 and over. (at $500 they get $5 off, at $600, they get $10 off, etc). Or offer them a free product at a certain level of sales. (For example, when you talk to them on the phone about their wish list, pick something on their list and tell them you'll give it to them free, or at half price, once they reach $X00.00 in guest sales. *Remember, guest sales are totaled before tax/discount/shipping. This way, they'll get something that is on their wish list, and you won't risk offering something that they don't want.. they'll probably push to get a few more orders so they can get something free or half off!) Also, when you're talking to them, tell them that the average catalog show order is $25-$40 (product value), so to get a minimal show, they only need to get 6-10 orders.. That isn't really that hard when you think about it.. A couple friends, a couple co-workers, mom, sister, neighbor.. Help them to brainstorm who they can ask, and tell them to ask EVERYONE!, even if they aren't sure whether or not they'll be interested. It never hurts anyone to ask.
Other than that, I'd take advantage of your time spent on bedrest and email/call your list of 100, friends, family, coworkers, etc. Send a letter about starting your business, and explain your current circumstances. Ask a favor--could you gather a handful of orders for me in exchange for some awesome free stuff and great discounts? They don't even have to spend a dime.. they can take the free stuff, and that's it, if they want.
Good luck, and always remember, we're one big happy family that always helps one another in every way we can. Congrats again!

Jonna,
You've received awesome advice from those here. I just want to add that if you don't have a website, you might want to consider it and business cards. You can include your business card (with web site listed). Encourage hosts to write their names on the back of your cards and to hand them out when they bump into friendly acquaintances (hair dresser, post office friend, library, bank teller), etc ~ remind to put their name in hostess spot while shopping online.

Good luck, congratulations!!!! Welcome here. I love this board.

Amanda, wow thank you so much! I am definitley going to take your advice to heart! I so appreciate your words of encouragement!!

Susan, after I get my first few shows in I am very excited to get a website, I think they are so beneficial, especially since many of my family members/friends are out of town (and with my bedrest status), that it would make ordering much more simple and convienient!

Thank you all so much! I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes!

1. How can I make sure my catalog shows are successful as a new consultant on bed rest?

Congratulations on becoming a new consultant for Pampered Chef! Here are some tips to help ensure a successful catalog show while on bed rest:

• Utilize social media: Take advantage of social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram to promote your catalog show and reach a wider audience.
  • Offer incentives: Consider offering incentives such as free products or discounts for customers who place orders during your catalog show.
  • Personalize your approach: Even though you won't be able to physically interact with customers, try to personalize your approach by including handwritten notes or personalized thank you messages with each order.
  • Utilize samples: If possible, ask your director for some product samples that you can share with potential customers. This will give them a chance to try out the products before placing an order.
  • Stay in touch: Don't forget to follow up with customers after they receive their orders to ensure their satisfaction and to thank them for their support.

2. Can you provide any helpful tips for having successful catalog shows while on bed rest?

Aside from the tips mentioned above, here are a few additional tips to help make your catalog shows a success:

• Create a sense of urgency: Consider setting a deadline for orders to be placed and let customers know that there may be limited quantities available.
  • Offer virtual demonstrations: If possible, create videos or live demonstrations of the products to give customers a better idea of how they can be used.
  • Partner with other consultants: Reach out to other consultants in your area and see if they would be willing to help promote your catalog show to their own networks.
  • Stay organized: Make sure to keep track of orders and customer information in a spreadsheet or notebook to ensure a smooth process.
  • Celebrate your success: Don't forget to celebrate your success, even if it's just a small milestone. Treat yourself to something special or share your achievements with your loved ones.

3. How can I promote my catalog shows while on bed rest?

Promoting your catalog shows while on bed rest may seem challenging, but it's definitely doable. Here are some ways to promote your shows:

• Utilize social media: As mentioned before, social media platforms can be a great way to reach a wider audience. Consider creating a Facebook event or posting about your catalog show on your personal and business pages.
  • Reach out to family and friends: Don't be afraid to reach out to your family and friends and ask for their support. They may be willing to share your catalog show with their own networks.
  • Partner with local businesses: Consider partnering with local businesses, such as hair salons or boutiques, and ask if you can leave catalogs and business cards at their location.
  • Attend virtual events: Look for virtual events or online marketplaces where you can promote your catalog show and reach a larger audience.

4. How can I stay motivated while on bed rest and running catalog shows?

Being on bed rest can be challenging, but don't let it discourage you from having successful catalog shows. Here are some tips to help you stay motivated:

• Set small goals: Instead of focusing on the end goal, try setting smaller goals for yourself and celebrate each achievement.
  • Stay connected: Stay connected with your director and other consultants for support and motivation. They can also offer helpful tips and advice.
  • Take breaks: Make sure to take breaks and rest when needed. Don't push yourself too hard and listen to your body.
  • Find inspiration: Look for inspiration from other successful consultants or product reviews to keep you motivated and excited about your business.
  • Remember your why: Remind yourself why you became a consultant and the goals you have for your business. This can help keep you motivated and focused.

5. Are there any resources or tools that can help me with my catalog shows while on bed rest?

Yes, there are definitely resources and tools that can help make your catalog shows a success. Here are a few to consider:

• Pampered Chef website: The Pampered Chef website offers a variety of resources and tools for consultants, including training materials,

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rkw363
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • woernerlaura
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ChefLissa
  • Martha P