• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling with Initial Bookings as a New Pampered Chef Consultant?

In summary, Cathy is having a hard time getting bookings for her new business. She recommends asking everyone you meet for help. Once you start seeing success, people will want to book a show to get the host rewards. Carry The Pampered Chef logo with you everywhere to help promote the business.
Kitchen Couture
I am a new consultant, just received my kit on Friday.

I'm having a really hard time with initial bookings. It's amazing how some of my friends and family don't even want to help me out. Has anyone else run into this problem?

I really think a lot of us did when we first started out but that's when you have a house warming party and invite peoples you know at church, clubs and other places.

Yep! My family hasn't helped much at all! (immediate AND extended!) I'm still scratching for bookings!

Family and friends are often the least likely to help you out and they are also the hardest to host coach. They are afraid that you'll be leaning on them to keep your business going. That is why it's important to get out of your circle quickly. Tell everyone that you don't want to rely on them so please invite people you don't know. If they won't do a show invite them to your home for one there and ask them to bring friends that you don't know. Once you are don't shows with strangers and start seeing all your great products they'll want some too. No does not mean never in most cases.

Yeah, my family hasn't stepped up to the bat and it can be really disappointing. Just go outside of your family and when you have your open house, maybe some of them will change their mind! Good luck!

My sister in law (only have one) had a show when i first started 3 yrs ago and hasn't had another one since. Oh well it is her loss.

You need to start telling EVERYONE you bump into that you're starting a new business and would love to help them earn free products while you "practice" your show skills with them. I had a ton of friends come out of the woodwork who willingly hosted for me in the beginning, some who I never imagined would do a show. I just got out of my comfort zone and asked everyone - not just my family and best/closest friends. It took 3 years for my best friend from HS to host a show with me! So, don't wait around for them, just keep talking to people wherever you go and ask them to help you start your business while getting free and discounted products and a fun party at their house!! :) Good luck!

Cathy is right. You need to start talking to everyone. You may feel awkward, but just do it. Ask your bank teller, the check out lady, your hair dresser, school teachers/secretaries, babysitter's mom, neighbors. Strike up conversations with everybody in any line you are in.

I live in a town I did not grow up in, never went to school here and when I joined my first child was a baby, so no school friends. I had only a handful of friends. If I can make it you can too! Just keep asking!

Send out an email to ALL your contacts. Explain your excitement of starting your own business, and your goal to get qualified asap. Ask if anyone would like to help you get started by hosting a show. Mention that a cooking show would be ideal, but that they can still help by hosting an online catalog show.

Invite everyone to your kickoff show. Once they see how fun the show is, and what great products we have....people will book a show to get the host rewards.

Also mention that The Pampered Chef will give anyone who hosts in your 1st 30 days an EXTRA thank you gift for helping you get your biz started strong.

Carry something with The Pampered Chef logo EVERYWHERE you go. You'll find people who love the Pampered Chef. Many times, you'll find an opportunity to mention the Pampered Chef in most situations.

As everyone has posted, ASK EVERYONE. It doesn't have to be just your close circle of friends or family.

ASK... everyone. I know we say this a lot but I find for a lot of my new consultants they don't truly ASK. they wait for everyone to come to them and offer to host. I have new consultants who are struggling for booking make a list of 10 friends or family that they can ASK to for a favor. I have them call them and say

"Susie, as you know I have started my own PC business. I am very excited about my business and how it is going to help my family. I have a favor to ask of you. Can you host one of my first shows? If so, can you invite people I don't know to the show so that I can build my network quickly and book shows with new people? I have X date and Y date available. Can I schedule you for one of these dates?"

It has worked really well. One of my newbies booked 5 shows within a week period by doing this. She was able to kick her business off very fast. Don't assume people understand what hosting could mean for you.

I signed up Feb 15, so I just got my kit last week too! Use the 3-2-1 plan in the training.. talk about PC to everyone! I got a booking at the bank while setting up my new bank account for my PC transactions. It turned out that the account manager lives near me and never has time to cook. I told her all about using the deep covered baker (DCB) for the 30 minute chicken and she got all excited. I saw her the next day and she told me that she's been telling friends all about it and can't believe it, and are all looking forward to the party.

There can be such a stigma against Direct Sales "parties" and I think so many people don't want to host because they feel that negative connotation to it. Maybe by letting them know that you are brand new and just love the products and are impressed with how great the host benefits are, it'll help. Some things you could mention: Having a party can be so much fun! It's inviting friends to come over, I bring the tools and show you a great recipe. You get to enjoy seeing your friends, relax, and eat. You will get so many perks from hosting, and since I'm brand new there's even an extra special gift you can get as a thank you for helping me off to a great start. I agree, having your friends and family do shows is hard. If you can get them to do one, like the others have mentioned, be sure to encourage them to invite people you don't know.At your first parties, it is CRUCIAL to do a full service check out and ask EVERYONE about booking. The sooner you get out of your circle, the better.Also, start looking into fairs/booths.

I just had my 3rd show and it was SO great b/c I had no family and only half people I already knew. I can't wait to branch out further from family and friends!!!!
Just to talk to everyone everywhere you go- have something to hand people and something to take people's information at all times.

Definitely do a big kickoff- offer prizes and giveaways and discounts (it'll be worth it if it makes people come!)
And then offer another prize there for people that book a show that day.

I had the same problem with my family. I had a handful of friends that did help at first, but Ihave not really sold to anyone close to me for a long time. I just started in July. My best parties have been the ones where I do not know anyone. Get a catalog tote. I have gotten a lot of my bookings that way and those were the ones that have led to 2 new recruits as well! Good luck. YOu will do it!

I'm having the same problem. I did manage to qualify in 30 days and hit my goal though. My friends who helped me are a closed online message board of women who I know from when I was trying to get pregnant with my first daughter years back and now we that we all have our kids, we are just a closed circle of women who talk on a daily basis. They ended up doing 2 shows for me and love it so much that we decided to have an online show with a different host every month. So I can pretty much hopefully count on one show every month from my circle of friends! And now that I have my website, that makes it so much more easier!!

I just did a business expo, got my smiling face, lots of "I didn't know you sold P/C!!" and tonight just e-mailed some follow-ups. Waiting to hear back on them. Hopefully I get some yes'es!! I don't know the e-mail or telephone number for one girl. I may have to break down and call her! I'm learning as I go. I should have gotten telephone numbers for the people who took order forms or catalogs. They were supposed to have mailed their orders to me, but haven't yet. I got one order over the phone so far.

What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

Becoming a Pampered Chef consultant allows you to earn extra income, get discounts on products, and have a flexible schedule. You also have the opportunity to connect with others and learn new skills while running your own business.

How do I book parties as a new consultant?

As a new consultant, start by reaching out to your friends and family to host a party. You can also use social media to promote your business and offer incentives for people who book parties with you. Utilize the resources and training provided by Pampered Chef to help you book more parties.

What if I am having trouble getting bookings?

If you are having trouble getting bookings, try reaching out to different networks such as your children's school, sports teams, or local community groups. You can also offer themed parties or partner with other consultants to co-host events. Don't be afraid to ask for referrals from previous party hosts as well.

What are some ways to increase my party sales?

Offering incentives, such as free products or discounts, can encourage guests to make purchases. You can also showcase the products by using them in a cooking demonstration or providing samples for guests to try. Utilize the resources provided by Pampered Chef, such as recipes and product knowledge, to help increase sales.

Is there a minimum sales requirement for parties?

Yes, there is a minimum sales requirement for parties. As a new consultant, your first four parties must have a minimum of $200 in sales. After that, the minimum sales requirement is $150 per party. This helps you build your business and earn rewards and incentives from Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennis
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • keyssizzler
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
keyssizzler
  • vegetarianwife