• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring the Benefits of a New Career Plan: A Chef's Guide

In summary, the new Director promotion requirements are: $750 monthly commissionable personal sales, $5,000 monthly commissionable personal team sales, and 5 active Consultants in personal team for the month.
AJPratt
Silver Member
Any thoughts on the new career plan?:chef:

Yes, I'd love to hear it discussed. I have no idea what is different (and I don't feel good so I'm not going to do any research;) )

Director promotion requirements
•$750 monthly commissionable personal sales
•$5,000 monthly commissionable personal team sales
•5 active Consultants in personal team for the month. Consultants are considered active if they submit $150 in commissionable sales in a given month.
(I believe before it was 4 directs, 2 lines, 6 total consulants.)Director maintenance requirements
•$750 monthly commissionable personal sales
•$5,000 monthly commissionable personal team sales
•No team structure necessary

Anne, do you understand what the "No team structure necessary" part means in the maintenance requirements?

chefjeanine said:
Anne, do you understand what the "No team structure necessary" part means in the maintenance requirements?
As long as sales are there you do not need the 5 down line to actually sell that month. I am not clear if you have 4 active and 1 inactive if that is ok or not?

I believe it means 5 active team members. They don't have to have a team.

The Directors are all pretty excited! They are making it easier for us to promote and maintain our Director title ... which helps our upline. The change ONLY applies to the Director level ... not Advanced Director, Senior Director, etc. The Upper Level Directors still have to meet their requirements for team activity.

Here's my notes from the Director's call:

Jean said they had been receiving concerns about Directors not being “paid as” their title due to requirements not being met in a month.

The important things that HO wants:
  • More promotions
  • More directors paid at their level
  • D’s to continue to build teams
The change is for D level only ~ and regards promoting, ongoing requirements & re-promotes. It takes effect June 1, 2013.

Promoting: We still need $750 personal sales & $5,000 in team sales. But starting June 1, we only need 5 active in personal team to promote. No structure requirement. Direct or indirect, doesn’t matter. (It could be 1 recruit who has 4 active under her ~ does not matter where they are as long as they are in the personal line.)

Maintaining: No "active consultant" monthly requirement. We do have to meet the $750 personal sales & $5,000 team sales. This does NOT affect the elite seller program. It’s still the same. A strong personal team is still the best way to get the $5,000 in team sales. So recruiting is still important & essential. They just won’t count the active # of consultants on the team each month. AD, SD, etc. must still meet the current requirements for team activity, personal sales, team sales & organizational sales.

Reversion and re-promoting: As with the current policy, Directors who are not “paid as” their title for 3 months will revert to C, SC or TL (whatever they did that 3rd month) but we still get to keep our team. To gain our title back, we need $750 in personal sales, 5 active NEW CONSULTANTS on the team & $5,000 in team sales (sales of all the personal team members will count). ALL 5 NEW CONSULTANTS have to have been recruited since the reversion. Renewals (people who came back within a year of dropping off the roster by paying the $25 renewal fee) will count for the "New Consultant" requirement.

There are special clauses for Directors who reverted Jan 1 – June 1, 2013 and Directors who reverted between April 1, 2009 – Dec 1, 2012 to earn back their Director titles.

She did say that on July 1, 2013 – no one will loose their Director title. If they are not "paid as" a Director for April, May & June, they'll get a freebie month in July. If they don’t hit the requirements in July, they will revert on Aug 1 to what ever level they hit in July.

This should help Directors to keep their titles which means good news for the Upper Level Directors and Executive Level Directors who need the downline directors to be active for them to be "paid as" their title.

The "5 Active New Consultants" might be tricky for some, but the bonus is that they don't have to be personal recruits. They can be anywhere on the team. And it's a GREAT incentive for the Directors to be proactive & do what they can to make sure they don't revert to a lower title. Let's say the Dorthy Director already has 6 on her team. If Dorthy is consistently recruiting 1 per month, that's three right there during her not "paid as" months. And if even 1 out of 3 team members are recruiting 1 a month, that's 2 more per month right there! By month #3, Dorthy would have her 3 newbies AND 6 other new team members (from 2 of the 6 in her downline consistently recruiting 1 per month). She'd just have to have 5 of the 9 active that month to save her title. If Dorthy reverted, hopefully the next month she'd have a personal recruit and 2-4 more team recruits knocking her up to 12-14 possibilities. I saw my team go from 3 to 42 in 12 short months. I know how fast it can change when at least some of the team is out there offering the business opportunity. Anyone who looks at this as being impossible might benefit from one of my favorite quotes ... "If you think you can, or you think you can't ... you're probably right!" Don't sabotage yourself. Believe that you can achieve your goals and you are more likely to see it happen.

Looks like this is a :thumbup: thumbs up :thumbup: change for all! :D

Thanks so much, Sheila! That cleared it up for me! This time last year, I had no one, and now I have 3 that are active most months. I am pretty excited about this change!

So, theoretically, someone could maintain their directorship as long as at least they submit $5,000 monthly in personal sales even if some or all of their team becomes inactive?

jcsmilez said:
So, theoretically, someone could maintain their directorship as long as at least they submit $5,000 monthly in personal sales even if some or all of their team becomes inactive?
Yes! Pretty cool, huh? ;)

Sheila said:
Yes! Pretty cool, huh? ;)
Very cool! Now you really can have control over your business! Having to recruit 5 new could be a challenge for some but as you said earlier if you are recruiting and teaching your team to recruit you'll be well on your way to repromoting. :D

1. What inspired you to write "Exploring the Benefits of a New Career Plan: A Chef's Guide"?

As a chef with over 10 years of experience in the culinary industry, I have seen firsthand the challenges and rewards of pursuing a career in this field. I wanted to share my knowledge and insights with others who are considering a career change or looking to advance in their culinary career.

2. What are some of the benefits of creating a career plan as a chef?

Creating a career plan as a chef can help you set clear goals and objectives for your career, identify areas for growth and improvement, and create a roadmap for achieving your professional aspirations. It can also help you stay motivated and focused, and open up new opportunities for advancement and success.

3. How can a chef benefit from exploring new career options?

Exploring new career options can broaden a chef's skill set and knowledge base, and provide new challenges and opportunities for growth. It can also help a chef discover new passions and interests within the culinary industry, and potentially lead to higher salaries and job satisfaction.

4. What are some practical tips for creating a successful career plan as a chef?

Some practical tips for creating a successful career plan as a chef include setting SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound) goals, researching different career paths within the culinary industry, networking with other professionals in the field, and continuously learning and honing your skills.

5. How can "Exploring the Benefits of a New Career Plan: A Chef's Guide" help aspiring chefs?

This guide offers practical advice and insights from a seasoned chef, as well as real-life examples and exercises to help aspiring chefs explore their career options, set goals, and create a roadmap for their professional development. It also provides valuable information on the current state of the culinary industry and potential career paths within it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedbyKaren
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
so-pampered
  • lovenpc
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • LisaAnn