• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get the Best BBQ Results with Our New Basting Bottle - Try it Now!

I have used the new BBQ basting bottle twice now and it is already stained. Is this suppose to stain?? IS there anything I can use to get it unstained?? Thanks in advance!Maybe you could try a soke in a sink full of water with 1-2 TBSP of bleach. I have done this with other stained items as our water used to be VERY hard and stained everything with a brown film. If it worked for that I am sure it will work for your stain. Good luck!!
momoftwins
I have used the new BBQ basting bottle twice now and it is already stained. Is this suppose to stain?? IS there anything I can use to get it unstained?? Thanks in advance!

Maybe you could try a soke in a sink full of water with 1-2 TBSP of bleach. I have done this with other stained items as our water used to be VERY hard and stained everything with a brown film. If it worked for that I am sure it will work for your stain. Good luck!!

I've found that Dawn Direct Foam dish detergent gets out stains and things that I never could get out with other soaps. Maybe try that -- it's really powerful -- I LOVE IT!

Mine hasn't stained yet and I've used it a ton of times!

Mine stained with the first use.

I thought that they weren't supposed to stain?

Does anyone else feel like they waste sauce using this?
I feel like I am able to use a lot more of the sauce when I use it from a dish because you can't get it all out of the bottle or the tube. I also found it harder to clean. Am I alone on this?:confused:

About 1/3 of my sauce stayed in the bottle and the neck of the brush. I like the length of the brush, but am having a hard time with the bottle. Plus, if you don't fill it all the way it is hard to get the sauce out.Any suggestions?

Mine stained on the first use. Soaked it in bleach water and it is still stained. Oh well.

The Use and Care does say to rinse it first before putting in in the dishwasher. I didn't. Figured that was the problem. Who knows.

I always rinse everything before putting it in the dishwasher and it stained. Ugh! I may try clorox clean up.

Since I'm not the only one with this problem, I emailed Customer Service to see how to get rid of the stain as well as how to prevent it. As soon as I get a response, I'll post it.

For dishwasher users, there's Cascade Plastic Boost or something like that - it's designed to remove stains from plastic (I haven't tried it on the bottle yet, but it works wonderfully on Tupperware and Rubbermaid containers).

Diane

pamperedtiffani said:
I feel like I am able to use a lot more of the sauce when I use it from a dish because you can't get it all out of the bottle or the tube. I also found it harder to clean. Am I alone on this?:confused:

I found the easiest way to clean the neck of the brush is to put soap in the bottle shake it up the squeeze it out of the bottle do it a couple of times and it will get the neck clean.

Kate - I would love to hear your response from CS. Thanks!

Thanks Jennie! That was an issue I was having, too!

Okay, got the response today: Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef regarding your question on
the Barbecue Basting Bottle. The bottle stains from barbecue sauce.
Staining can be reduced with a bleach/water solution.

cmdtrgd said:
Okay, got the response today:

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef regarding your question on
the Barbecue Basting Bottle. The bottle stains from barbecue sauce.
Staining can be reduced with a bleach/water solution.

That's it? "The bottle stains from barbecue sauce"? You would have thought that they might have mentioned this!

Thanks for contacting them and letting us know their response.

I think this should have come with a brush to clean out the neck of the bottle! I found it very difficult to clean out. The concept was good and I had a lot of people excited about it but I haven't been as impressed with the actual functionality. I seem to be wasting a lot of sauce as well. Any tips on the best way to utilize?

Cleaning the bottleYou could probably get one of those brushes you use to clean baby bottles.
I bet that would help.[/FONT][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/COLOR]

Cleaning the bottleYou could probably get one of those brushes you use to clean baby bottles.
I bet that would work.

Efferdent?
I haven't had this problem yet, but I've heard that if you soak the stained product in the denture cleaning solution it comes clean. Just and idea. :)

instead of bleach, I wonder if oxyclean might work? it works on everything else! :p

I bet the brush from the baster/brush would work well. I also tell people to use this to clean their chopper (if they don't use a dishwasher).

Tina

pamperedtiffani said:

Mine has worked good for me. I had trouble cleaning mine also, I went to the dollar store and bought a baby bottle brush to fit in the neck, it works wonderful to clean it. I also tell my guests this at my shows. I think the one thing this product is missing is a lid to go over the bottle when you are done so you don't have to throw at the left over sauce.

bbauman07 said:
think the one thing this product is missing is a lid to go over the bottle when you are done so you don't have to throw at the left over sauce.

You should NOT keep the leftover sauce. It is a food safety issue. You should through away any sauce or marinade that has come into contact with meat that is not fully cooked. Unfortunately the valve on our bottle goes both ways, so the "contaminated" sauce runs back down into the bottle.

Please tell your customers that they should discard any leftover sauce.

That is if the meat has been sitting in the marinade, Logically the "germs" can't go down the tube, they would be all over the brush. Also if your marinade has come in contact with meat all you need to do is boil it and it is safe to reuse.

Hopefully this doesn't come across the wrong way, but I spend alot of time watching cooking shows and doing research for my shows.

bbauman07 said:
That is if the meat has been sitting in the marinade, Logically the "germs" can't go down the tube, they would be all over the brush. Also if your marinade has come in contact with meat all you need to do is boil it and it is safe to reuse.

Hopefully this doesn't come across the wrong way, but I spend alot of time watching cooking shows and doing research for my shows.

I emailed the HO and got a call back from the test kitchens today. They recommend discarding any remaining sauce from the basting bottle. She said that as the brush and sauce come in contact with uncooked and undercooked meat, the sauce could become contaminated and it will drip back down the neck into the bottle. Therefore, the safest thing is to throw it out.

Thanks for checking, Deb!

I usually just use fill it with enough for what I'm cooking. Does anyone else find it a pain to clean the bristle/tube part?

I haven't had a problem and have been selling them like HOT CAKES!! I just chuck it in the dishwasher. It comes clean everytime. I haven't used it with commercial bbq sauce yet though. I have used it with a marinade with no complaints.

mine melted sitting 2 feet from the grill. Not made really well I dont think, I agree alot is wasted but its a great idea!!

I put mine in the dishwasher and it comes clean too.
DONT put it in the microwave tho! My mistake,,,,I was told it was awesome for spreading melted butter on corn on the cob...so I put in some chunks of butter and nuked it for about 30 sec...warped it a tiny bit at the bottom. Still usable, but next time I will melt the butter separate and pour it in after it cools. OH WELL!
Interesting tho about it melting close to the grill. What do we do about that? Sure isnt convenient to tell our customers that they can keep it next to the grill! Altho now that I think about it - when my grill lid is closed does it get all that hot????

A friend of mine came to my office and said "You Pampered Chef made the national news. They showed a barbecue basting bottle. Order me one of those, it's neat." I didn't see it, did anyone else?

The BBQ basting bottle was in Good Housekeeping. Don't know if it was on tv.

Skewers melting!!I had a customer call me yesterday, and she said that the little chef's hats at the top of the BBQ skewers melted on the grill!! Wow, I didn't think that metal would do that! Has anyone else had this happen?
I guess it was only the second time that they had used them.:eek:

Did you ever find out about this from HO? I was very curious.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • ChefClairissa
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • newbietoPC