• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

HO's Bags: Old or New? The Truth Behind HO's Latest Bag Designs

In summary, The Pampered Chef is changing their product bags. The new bags have a new look and are more consistent with their branding. They come in two sizes and are available for purchase on May 1st.
CarlyK
I thought that HO had some new bags that they were using? The clear pretty ones, right? Are they still using the old bags, because today I had a show arrive at my house, and they were the old bags (white and such).

Me Too!I had a show shipped to my house that arrived last week - I got the old bags too....I was really looking forward to seeing the new ones. I thought about ordering some with my supplies, but I'm afraid I'll get the old ones as well. I guess they have an overabundance of the old style that they need to get rid of first.

I am getting a show today and I was hoping that it had the new bags, especially since it is all the basting brushes and BBQ bottles that people preordered. It is going to look pretty silly with one basting brush in that giant ugly bag! The blurb about the new bags said they were going to be shipping May 1st, did you submit your show before then?

Nope, it was an April show (submitted April 30th).

I submitted one show on the 3rd (May) and then on the 6th and I am supposed to get one tomorrow, but unfortunately nobody will be home, so I won't get it until Wednesday, so maybe there will be some new bags in there!

I received a show at my house yesterday and it was the same old bags too.

This is what the PC Weekly Bites says as of April 18th

As you know, we've been updating our marketing tools and materials with our new tagline, updated logo and hat icon since we introduced them at Leadership. We want to communicate what The Pampered Chef® stands for everywhere we can, from our shippers, to the post cards you send your customers, and now…to our product bags.

This month, your hosts will begin receiving bags that have an entirely new look that's more consistent with our brand. The bag itself has been upgraded to a translucent white and the handles have been moved for easier carrying. The printed design features the updated Pampered Chef® logo on one side and the hat icon on the other. To view pictures of the bags, just click on the following link:

http://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/product_bag_article.pdf.

The bags come in two sizes, large and medium. Because we now collect individual order information from Shows, we know just how many of each size to give your hosts so they can distribute their guests' orders.

In addition to being packed in all Show orders, the new product bags also will be available for purchase on May 1 as write-ins on paperwork/supply (#ER77/$1 for large bags/pack of three and #ER78/75¢ for medium bags/pack of three).

The bags are durable enough to use again and again; they're a wonderful way to advertise The Pampered Chef®!

To me, it means starting in April. I received two different show yesterday that was submitted in April 30th. I have my large fundraiser that will be delieved tomorrow that I submitted on May 3rd. I am hoping to get them for that show. That show was $4482.50.

Also, I don't like those oversized bags that PC sends either, so I went to http://www.nancyweb.com/pc/pages/home.htm

Nancy has great bags. The price isn't too bad either.
The catalog bags (9x16) is great for small single items or a few little items,
50 bags for $4.95 or she also has
host packet bags (11x18) that are larger and a heavier.
50 bags for $9.95.
Cheaper than the new PC bags.
I love the bags from Nancy's. I usually have the host order sent to me because most of my host says that they are too busy and afraid to leave the UPS boxes on their porches. When I do the order, it makes everything looks real nice when they pick their show order and they see that the small stuff isn't in those LARGE bags. It makes a great presentation.

Check out the website if you haven't already.

I will let you know tomorrow evening if I will receive the new bags.

I don't like the bags from Nancy's...they are not sturdy enough and rip easily. I only use them for putting a catalog and order form in for leaving on front doors. But, with that being said, I do like how the smaller bags look with the smaller orders...it's silly having these huge bags with an Ice Cream Scoop in it!

I am waiting for my show today, but UPS doesn't leave them anywhere unless we sign, so it will have to wait until tomorrow *sighs* We shall see then if the new bags are in there or not!

I just had an April show delivered yesterday and they had the old bags in there. Oh well, life goes on!:)

I got my fundraiser today, old bags..

I got a show in today and it had the old bags in it. That wasn't it though, they all had a few little slits in them like someone opened a box with a knife and cut into the bags.

Another strange thing was that I also had someone else's host and guest order summaries. So there is going to be a host out there not too happy! I had a show once with missing packing slips and now I know why!!

I received a show today and I have old bags too, but what I had in mine was a slip that says "This carton was inspected by _________" and it was signed and dated, so at the very least it looks like HO is trying to get the issues resolved with some QC'ing on the boxes...

My bags were slit too! I thought I had done it by accident so I didn't report it. I just knew that I didn't use that much pressure when opening the box, plus it was a clean cut! I also had an "inspected by-----------" slip of paper in mine....but you couldn't read the signature. I probably should have called to complain about it....too late now.

rayday said:
I got a show in today and it had the old bags in it. That wasn't it though, they all had a few little slits in them like someone opened a box with a knife and cut into the bags.

Another strange thing was that I also had someone else's host and guest order summaries. So there is going to be a host out there not too happy! I had a show once with missing packing slips and now I know why!!

Oh you may have had mine!!! I didn't get any, and was stressing because it was my big fundraiser... We got to the school around the time that they said that UPS comes, he got there about 20 minutes later with only 9 of the 10 boxes.. so there I was, missing the order summaries, and then a BUNCH of items,.. so lets hope that there is alot in that box, or I will be have some upset customers,.... waiting for product adjustments.

I had a $5000 fundraiser in April- the boxes came to my house May 5th, (20 of them!) and I had NO order summary sheets, old bags with slits in them, and only 1/2 of the Casual Cooking (April free product!). I called HO about the Order Summary Sheets - and basically was told (After I was finally able to speak to someone who spoke English well enough so we could understand each other!) "Sorry - nothing we can do once it leaves the warehouse!"
My whole house was an avalanche of products. We had to eat out for 2 days because the kitchen table and all my counters were full of product, and my wonderful husband now has a great working knowledge of all our product(after I discovered he thought the "quick Stir" must be a whisk of some kind) Thankfully, he helped fill orders (100 orders!) and also thankfully, I had my own stash of old PC bags! I am glad that it happened to me and not a host - hopefully it doesn't happen to ny hosts!
Anyway, I'm not usually negative - but this show was so big- of all shows for this to happen!
My other big complaint - The last 3 times I have had to call HO - I have gotten someone who doesn't speak English clearly, and who has a hard time understanding what I am saying - VERY frustrating!

I had a host also receive her show with no packing slips of who ordered what. Thank goodness I sent her copies of receipts so it helped her but very frustrating. If they are going to change the process I would like to know so I better prep my hosts.;)

I received my fundraiser today - 11 boxes. Only 5 boxes had packing slips. Also, there wasn't any bags. NO bags at all. I have a few bags from past orders and I have some bags form Nancy's Artwork - Thank Goodness.

Wonder if Doris knows what is going on?

Me too!I had a fundraiser with 11 boxes and received NO slips! Thank goodness I had it shipped to myself! It was SO confusing! I have another fundraiser going right now and I am debating whether or not to have it delivered to me in case something is wrong with it. The only problem is that the chairperson lives over an hour away and I REALLY don't want to have to take it to her! :p

I got my order today, and luckily everything was there, but once again, I got the old bags! BOOOO! I was so excited and was hoping to get out the new ones and show them off!

Still no new bags Carly??? I am hoping that they don't wait and use up all the old bags before sending the new ones!

I received 3 shows and no new bags. ah the torture!:eek:

It appears that they never send the order summaries with Fundraisers. Who knows why. I had one delivered last week--9 boxes--and no guest order summaries AND no bags! I called the HO and they send a box of bags out overnight. So call them and complain! They don't know it is a problem unless we tell them!

888-687-2433

Glad I am not the only one...No bags here either for the past 2 shows!! What on earth is going on????:eek:

Calling to complain....I did call and complain - but it took calling 3 times to get someone who spoke and understood English well enough to understand the problem - which just added to my mounting frustration!!! The woman I finally spoke to did not say that they don't send summary sheets with fundraisers, in fact she was very sympathetic and said it was unacceptable and she would report it. But she also said there wasn't anything she could do:confused:

whiteyteresa said:
I received my fundraiser today - 11 boxes. Only 5 boxes had packing slips. Also, there wasn't any bags. NO bags at all. I have a few bags from past orders and I have some bags form Nancy's Artwork - Thank Goodness.

Wonder if Doris knows what is going on?

I finished going though my fundraiser products $4500 worth. There were only a few packing slips :confused: - I used my show order print out from PamperedPartner to check the order, no bags:confused: , there were 13 items missing :confused: (all small items) I have only been a consultant for 8 months and this was my first fundraiser. Is this normal? I want to do more fundraising :) but I don't want it to be a bad :( experience.

I am very sad with all the troubles everyone on this thread seems to be having! My experience with HO has almost always been good - I had a hard time understanding a few people. I would highly suggest that you call HO or email Field Service and let them know. They want to help us succeed and really take our suggestions and problems seriously. The more people who have the same problem and report it, the higher the priority!!! Don't be afraid to ask for a supervisor - maybe even right away. Especially if you are really upset. When DebbieJ said HO doesn't send order summaries with Fundraisers I was very unhappy! I am doing two fundraisers this month and I'm going to email Field Service and HIGHLY SUGGEST that they include them!Just my two cents.

I sent in an order May 8th at 10:30 at night. I received it May 10th inthe morning...WOW!

Of course there is a BUT...I got the old bags and my Stoneware Bar Pan was shattered into pieces. ;(

I just submitted a show today so when that ships we shall see if I get the new bags. I hope so they look soooo much nicer and I love the two sizes, I hated when I would have small orders in that huge bag. The new bags would seem to be much more cost effective.

Abey

I submitted an order on the 7th. It arrived today. You guessed it!! OLD BAGS!! But hey, they got the whole order right and nothing seemes broken! Maybe the next time I get an order!

I didn't call HO after I received my slit bags last week, but after reading all of these posts I decided to add my experience to the list and called them. I spoke with a very nice person who seemed to have been aware of this problem. I told her that I had an "inspected by...." slip in the box, but she said that was only to verify the product contents - not bags or paperwork. (I also let her know that I had received part of someone else's paperwork.)

She is sending me bags to replace the ones that I had to use from my own stock. I asked her when the new bags were going to begin to be shipped with orders, she said that she had thought it was next month - June. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Maybe they have an overabundance of these old bags and are not shipping them as we thought this month.....

I encourage everyone who has ANY problems with their orders to call let them know. If we don't tell them, they can't fix it. That's what I almost did!

So no one has gotten new bags yet? I should call HO and see what is going on!

bagsLast two shows....... old bags.. YUCK!! I usually just rubberband their receipt to the small items instead of making it look ugly in that big ol' bag! I was totally excited to get those small bags since my host got a couple of drawer tools and here i come with that big bag!!

Well lets hope HO is working on the QC problem. I am new myself, and have have stones broken and missing pieces.

I am closing a show tomorrow, so lets hope it all comes in one piece, or have all the pieces!!

It's the middle of May! Did anyone get the new bags yet???

I have a show being delivered on Monday. Hope it's finally the new ones!

Just got an order today - no new bags.

Pretty New BagsI received one of my two fundraiser shows, and I got the new bags in them! WOO HOO. They are so cute, unfortunately HO did not give me enough though for my orders! :(

CarlyK said:
I received one of my two fundraiser shows, and I got the new bags in them! WOO HOO. They are so cute, unfortunately HO did not give me enough though for my orders! :(

Of course you wouldn't get enough...and isn't HO supposed to be more exact on the bags now that they can see how many orders there are?

Glad someone finally got them.

On another note, I have not received my May Consultant News magazine yet. It will be my first one, and I was really excited to get it. I have sent 2 emails to HO and both times said it will be sent in 2 business days. On the second email I mentioned the lack of reciept and they said it can take 10 business days to recieve. Is Snail Mail that slow?

Oh, and I forgot to ask, what does the new bag look like? I got white ones with the new logo on it with the order we got ealier this month. Is that the new one?

AlowayFamily said:
Oh, and I forgot to ask, what does the new bag look like? I got white ones with the new logo on it with the order we got ealier this month. Is that the new one?

I got my boxes today and yep, I got the new bags too! There are two sizes and they are clear, with the new PC Chef Hat logo on one side and the words " The Pampered Chef" on the other side. These bags are nicer because they are more like tote bags (No handles, just a hole cut out in the center for carrying.):D

Exciting to know that my recent shows will get the new bags... the host will be so excited!

Wow, I thought it was just me.
I was short an All Purpose Spreader. I called HO, and they reshipped, well, I didn't recieve the APS, I recieved the Flour Shaker.
WHAT is going on at HO.
They also shipped my fundraiser to the bank where the fundraiser was handled through, in New Mexico!
I am in California????
I did get the new bags on both shipments, very nice, but no packing slips, just these green slip things.
Not very happy right now w/ PC

Chozengirl said:
Wow, I thought it was just me.
I was short an All Purpose Spreader. I called HO, and they reshipped, well, I didn't recieve the APS, I recieved the Flour Shaker.
WHAT is going on at HO.
They also shipped my fundraiser to the bank where the fundraiser was handled through, in New Mexico!
I am in California????
I did get the new bags on both shipments, very nice, but no packing slips, just these green slip things.
Not very happy right now w/ PC

Chozen girl,
where abouts are you located in SO CAL?
I'm in La Mesa CA!
Nice to meet another local CSer!

What green slip things?

new bagsFINALLY got the new bags!! SUPER CUTE by the way! Love it for the ones that only order 2 tools.... scoop and paring knife!!

I got the new bags too on my last two shows last week. So if we're getting them in Canada everyone else should be getting them soon too! :)

I'm having problems with them sending enough bags...and i received a box the other day that was opened and retaped and things were mixing out of it....It's kind of odd....

Yes, new bags are very cute, but I was short one with my last order :(
Oh well, the host's mother only ordered one small thing, so I just stuck in with her stuff and told her it was there.

I'm just thankful that we don't have to buy our bags. With Mary Kay, you have to buy your own bags to keep on hand since you are supposed to carry ten billion dollars worth of inventory.

I have gotten the new bags as well with my most recent shows. There were just enough bags for the orders and I am thankful that we don't have to buy the bags either b/c I know The Body Shop has to ask you how many bags you need and they have to input it when they submit your order. I don't know if they have to actually purchase them though.;)

heat123 said:
Chozen girl,
where abouts are you located in SO CAL?
I'm in La Mesa CA!
Nice to meet another local CSer!

I am in Beaumont, 20 min West of Palm Springs. About 2 hours away from you. :rolleyes: Might have to go to The Container Store or IKEA soon :D

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefinHarmony
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • c00p
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • kcmckay