• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent New Baby Prayer Request: Congrats to Deb J. on Her New Arrival!

In summary, Deb's son was born at 2:30 in the morning this morning and is doing well. He is 9 pounds, 14 ounces and 21 inches tall. He is still in the NICU, but is scheduled to go home soon.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I didn't know where to put this today...

First, congrats to Deb J. for her new little boy born at 2:30 a.m. this morning!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::D

I don't have details yet (name, weight, etc.) but pray for him as his breathing needs to slow down and he is on oxygen right now.

I'll post more after church if I hear name, updated status, etc.

Sending up prayers, and sending out congratulations.

Congratulations to her on the arrival of her son! I hope that he starts doing better soon & is able to go home with her quickly.

Thank you Janet for posting. Prayers are being said......

CONGRATS DEB!!!

Prayers on the way. Congrats on your new arrival.

Praying for you and your new little one. Congrat's!

Congratulations, Deb - prayers going out to you and your little one!

Deb's latest Facebook status:"Little D is getting weaned off the oxygen as we speak. Xrays and blood tests are a-okay. YAY GOD! Thanks for the prayers--they WORK!!"

That's awesome!! Congratulations Deb!!:) Enjoy your sweet little one:)

You should check Facebook! She posted pics! He is adorable!

Praise God and Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOHOO for the baby and his improvement! Hmmm...thought I had her friended but must not! Someone needs to share her pictures from FB to the rest of us on FB! Please???

pcchefjane said:
WOOHOO for the baby and his improvement! Hmmm...thought I had her friended but must not! Someone needs to share her pictures from FB to the rest of us on FB! Please???

Sorry Jane, I won't do that without permission. Hopefully she'll pop in here soon and share what she would like to share soon! :)

Little David Alexander - 9 lbs. 14 oz. is out of the NICU and by his Momma's side! :)

That is great news!

janetupnorth said:
Little David Alexander - 9 lbs. 14 oz. is out of the NICU and by his Momma's side! :)

Yippee! Congrats, Deb.

Janet, I think he should be called "not-so-little" David Alexander. ;)

Thanks everyone!We were planning a home birth, but it wasn't meant to be. God knew what was in store for us and where we needed to be. I was 17 days late, so we consented to an induction at the hospital. I labored for ~12 hours, pushed for about 15 mins when baby's heartrate went down radically and I was whisked off for emergency c-section. They took him out with his cord wrapped around his neck twice so it was no wonder he couldn't make it down the birth canal! He was in the NICU for about 12-14 hours, but has been with me for the last 24 hours or so. We're all healing up nicely and hope to leave tomorrow. Oh, and all that labor and pushing (with pitocin the entire time, mind you) was DRUG FREE! I am the new superwoman. :)David Alexander
9/20/09
9 lbs, 14 oz (I still could have pushed him out, though!)
21 inchesDeb Vander Weit Jennings's Photos | Facebook

So cute...and SO BIG! I thought two of mine were big at 8 lb. 14 & 15 oz!!!!

Congrats, enjoy and REST!!!!

Deb
Congratulations!!! What a cutie.

Thanks for checking in Deb! :) I like your status...tired...how appropriate.I had pitocin with #1...no drugs - you ARE the new SUPERWOMAN! Wow!

Congrats on a beautiful baby Deb!

I too had Pitocin (it is an evil evil evil drug!) and the epidural wouldn't work (I TRIED to have drugs!) Hurt like a SOB! I can totally relate (also had to have a C-Sect, not fun but I was so glad to finaly get it over with). Hope you are feeling better soon.

He's adorable! I never made it to Pitocin....Harrison's heart rate dropped twice the night before I was to start getting Pitocin. I'm glad you didn't get the big suprise we got when Harrison was born...or anything even worse.God Bless you the little guy and the rest of your family!

Glad to hear all is well, Deb!

I had Pitocin, with no drugs. I probably would have taken something, but I was too sick. I had HELLP Syndrome. I couldn't have pain relief or a c-section. I think if I was to have another, I would like a little something to take the edge off, but I could do it again drug free.

Congratulations :) I'll have to remember to peek at the pictures at home, since FB is blocked at work.

I didn't want to ust post the pics without knowing it was OK with Deb. But they are so cute!

Congratulations, Deb! He is just beautiful! I'm so glad that you and he are both doing well now!
I kept trying to respond on FB, but it seems to be eating my posts and comments.

You are superwoman! ESPECIALLY with the size of David! My little guy was that size at 8 weeks! :D

My intention was to go drug free too...but I had some complications, and the pitocin (Linda's right - it's evil evil evil) gave me bigger and bigger contractions, but I couldn't dilate, so ended up with an epidural after 36 hours of labor....I had to be convinced, but Dr. said it was so I could relax and rest so that I had enough energy to push, or I'd end up with a C-section. After I had the epidural, I started dilating, and he was born 1 hour & 45 minutes after the epidural!

Glad to hear everything turned out Deb -how scary for you! It's weird to have a large baby in the NICU (my first was 10 lbs. 11 oz - only 2 days overdue and had to go to the NICU due to fluid in his lungs and rapid breathing) It's definitely scary - those NICU nurses are godsends! May you enjoy your sweet little David!:) Good luck with your recovery from your c-section as well (had 3 of those - definitely know how you feel!)

Congrats Deb! Glad you are both doing well. :)

Very cute. Enjoy your new bundle of Joy. Glad he is doing good

Congrats Deb!! He's so cute!!!

I still remember both my kiddos- 9lbs 2oz and are you ready- 11lbs 6oz and I LOVED our nurses! God Bless them all! Thankfully the Lord watched over us all and no one was in the NICU but I still loved the nurses! :) (disclaimer- both babies were over due 2weeks and 5 days).

Congratulations Deb!!
I am so glad your little one is doing well.....God is good!!

jbdowd0798 said:
......11lbs 6oz ......

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

My son was 6lbs 12oz and didn't weigh 10 pounds until he was @ 4 months old - holy cow!

jbdowd0798 said:
Congrats Deb!! He's so cute!!!

I still remember both my kiddos- 9lbs 2oz and are you ready- 11lbs 6oz and I LOVED our nurses! God Bless them all! Thankfully the Lord watched over us all and no one was in the NICU but I still loved the nurses! :) (disclaimer- both babies were over due 2weeks and 5 days).

OMG. When they told me Mary was 5lb 9oz, I said, "Is that it?"

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MamaChef
Replies
Views
Gina M
  • quiverfull7
  • General Chat