• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried the New Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp recipe yet?

In summary, the author of the content made a delicious apple cherry crisp and people seemed to enjoy it. There were suggestions for making the recipe easier, and one person suggested using light butter instead of regular.
kam
Staff member
New Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp

I know it has just been posted on CC - but has anyone made this yet??

Suggestions? Any good?

I would like to make a cobbler for a gathering next weekend (Pie filling/Cake Mix/butter in the DCB). But would love to make this instead if it's any good.

I just finished making it and it is delicious!!! My husband said it was better than any apple pie he has eaten. We are having it with frozen vanilla yogurt.

I've made it twice- for a show last night, and church today. It was a hit both times. Very easy and very good!

Thanks for the feedback - I'll give it a try!

did anyone have problems with the oatmeal crisp that goes on top? Mine did not "crumble" the way it should have. I had large chunks that were kind of tough. I got around it by putting it in my food chopper, but don't want to have to do that at a show. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Carol Gray said:
did anyone have problems with the oatmeal crisp that goes on top? Mine did not "crumble" the way it should have. I had large chunks that were kind of tough. I got around it by putting it in my food chopper, but don't want to have to do that at a show. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've used the same crisp in other recipes and didn't have a problem unless I cooked it too long in my micro.

I made this and my whole family LOVED it! I used the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer for the Apples and cut down on the cooking by a couple of minutes and it worked fine!

Thank you for the suggestion, Anne! I tried it again today and gently mixed it with my hands instead of the spatula and didn't cook it quite as long and it worked great.

I am so glad it worked out for you, Carol!!!

I loved this!! Wow It was so awesome w/ vanilla ice cream (a total must that brings out the flavors!)
I want to try it with other variations like raspberry or strawberry pie filling. Doesn't that sound just yummy??
Was also thinking cranberry but would have to cook them with sugar first...and I am not much into experimenting.
What are the other cookie topping recipes???

I had it at a show last night. DELICIOUS!! And I agree - must be served with vanilla ice cream! We also has the Cran-Raspberry Fizz to go with it. Didn't really 'go' but both were great!

oh oh what about adding a can of whole cranberry sauce?? Maybe add a little extra sugar?

Can this recipe be made in advance or do you have to eat it right away?

Carol Gray said:

I have made this about 3 times :)D yes, we like it!!!) and I had a host request it this past weekend. She was trying to think of ways to "make it healthier". We discussed replacing Splenda for sugar and I suggested that she could use "lite" cherry pie filling. What she did not tell me was that she was going to use light butter. It was a stick and I just plopped it in and did not know. Well, I cooked it for 3 minutes and I could see that it was "not right" so I thought cooking it for the right amount of time would be better. It was not.

At the end of the first 3 minutes, it looked like oen big cookie instead of the crumbles I was used to seeing. Well, had I know, I would not have cooked it further because it just made it harder. I had to take a forged cutlery chef knive to cut it into something that resembled pieces. There were big chunks even after trying to cut it.:eek:

The host said...well you all will thank me because your fat levels will be down. I mentioned that they may not be happy with the dental bill when they break their teeth! I said it in a joking way. Then just mentioned that the light butter has a higher water content, that cooking is chemistry and that probably the higher fat content is what makes it more crumbly.

All I know is I will insist on butter or that they switch to a different recipe if they want to change it.:chef:

Pedey said:
I had it at a show last night. DELICIOUS!! And I agree - must be served with vanilla ice cream! We also has the Cran-Raspberry Fizz to go with it. Didn't really 'go' but both were great!

I used the ice cream maker that I earned last year from a PC promotion to make home made vanilla ice cream when I brought this in for my staff. I used our vanilla so the flavor was out of this world!!:sing:

Where in the heck IS this recipe?? I can't find the doggone thing.

brandon0116 said:
Where in the heck IS this recipe?? I can't find the doggone thing.

Its on the main page of CC...scroll down to the bottom, its in the middle of the page...HTH

cincychef said:
I made this and my whole family LOVED it! I used the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer for the Apples and cut down on the cooking by a couple of minutes and it worked fine!

You answered the question that I came on here to find..thank you very much..I need to make something for my cluster meeting tomorrow..I was going to do pineapple upsidedown cake..but..I think I am going to do this instead

lovenpc said:
Can this recipe be made in advance or do you have to eat it right away?

Can someone please answer this..I have the same question..I will finish it at least 1 hour before my meeting..will that be an issue?? and I live about 30 minutes from the meeting..so..it will be covered on the drive..is that an issue??

chefheidi2003 said:
Can someone please answer this..I have the same question..I will finish it at least 1 hour before my meeting..will that be an issue?? and I live about 30 minutes from the meeting..so..it will be covered on the drive..is that an issue??

NO..I made it before our meeting & we did not have it till after it was over. It was fine. I did keep it in our insulated tote, but I doubt that made a difference. Everyone is going to love it! Enjoy...

I would like to know how you guys did this? Looking at the recipe I am alittle confused on how they are telling us to do this. What are you all using for the oatmeal cookie mix that they say to use in this? And do you put this on the bottom and the top of the Deep Covered Baker? The way that I am reading this that is what is says to do. Then it tells you to stir the apples and cherry mixture together while it is in the Deep Covered Baker. If you do this then you would be mixing the crust on the bottom with the fruit.
Thanks for the help!

I am wondering the same thing as to what it means to use fo rhte oatmeal cookie mix..

But..as for putting it in the bottom..it says to then spread the mixture onto parchment paper..so..I was reading that after you make the oatmeal mixture..you take it out to cool on the parchment paper..then do the apple cherry part.

In the baking aisle, most stores now have "bagged" cookie mixes. That is what the recipe calls for. and yes, you take the topping out to cool and then make the apple part and add the topping back in when all done.

A regular crisp sounds easier to me! :D

I made this with a new consultant and it was way too many steps and we even used the APCS!! I would make the topping ahead of time and bring it...the maybe do the rest but there was way too much cooking time 8mins here and 8mins there or whatever that I didn't like it.

I'm glad I made this, because I figured out my APCS wasn't working correctly. My son or husband prepped apples for me using the APCS in the past. I guess they didn't realize you're not supposed to have to hold the peeling blade in the right place so it doesn't gouge the apples!It was OK, but yes, too many steps. I'd prefer a version that didn't use packaged cookie mix.

The recipe that came with the APCS sounds a lot simpler....completely agree that a regular crisp recipe would be easier...just substitute some of the apples for the cherry filling.Mom's Apple Crisp
It's also the same recipe that is in "All The Best". Microwave 12-15 minutes.

ShellBeach said:
I'm glad I made this, because I figured out my APCS wasn't working correctly. My son or husband prepped apples for me using the APCS in the past. I guess they didn't realize you're not supposed to have to hold the peeling blade in the right place so it doesn't gouge the apples!

It was OK, but yes, too many steps. I'd prefer a version that didn't use packaged cookie mix.

The recipe that came with the APCS sounds a lot simpler....completely agree that a regular crisp recipe would be easier...just substitute some of the apples for the cherry filling.

Mom's Apple Crisp
It's also the same recipe that is in "All The Best". Microwave 12-15 minutes.

I do Mom's Apple Crisp often in the DCB...and it's very simple and delicious. I don't think it would be hard to just add a can of cherry pie filling to it, if you wanted to - and then, you can do the whole crisp with the topping on, and without using packaged cookie mix.

I thought it was really yummy...vanilla ice cream is a definite must.
I used the A/P/C/S too. I just moved the corer/slicer blade down, so it only peeled it, then used the wedger and Santoku knife as recipe instructs.

As for the crisp topping...when it is first "baked", you can use the Mix 'N Chop to sort of break it up a bit, before putting on parchment paper.
Also, after it is completely made, I recommend putting the DCB lid back on for the 5-10 minute "resting" time it calls for. The moist heat from the baker will soften the crisp a bit, which will make it easier to work with. (and eat, too!)

Hope that helps someone!!

Paula

I made this for my meeting tonight..I LOVED IT. I think I will be making this at shows. I like your idea Paula about using the APCS just to peel it. Funny my director said the same thing..I am so dense..I didn't realized that I could do that..LOL.

jbdowd..I think I would make the topping ahead of time..but..I would make it at the host's house ahead of the guests arriving because I thought it made the house smell so good just by making the topping.

1. What ingredients are included in the New Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp?

The New Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp includes apples, cherries, oats, flour, sugar, butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

2. Is the New Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp gluten-free?

No, the New Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp contains flour and is not gluten-free. However, you can substitute gluten-free flour for a gluten-free option.

3. How many servings does the New Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp make?

The New Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp makes 8-10 servings, depending on the size of the servings.

4. Can I use frozen fruit for the New Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp?

Yes, you can use frozen apples and cherries for the New Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp. Just make sure to thaw and drain them before using.

5. Can I make the New Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the New Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to bake. Just make sure to let it come to room temperature before baking for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJWarren
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefa
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
meganmcg
  • chefheidi2003