• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling as a New Consultant? Seeking Advice and Support!

In summary, to get more bookings as a new consultant, reach out to friends and family, attend events, and ask for referrals. For a successful cooking show, plan and prepare thoroughly, engage guests, and have fun. To make more contacts, attend networking events and use social media. Some common mistakes new consultants make include not following up and not using all available resources. To find support and advice, utilize online training materials, attend local meetings, and connect with other consultants.
bbsquirrel
Hi Everyone, I am Bianca.
I am new to the site and a new consultant. This is my 4th week.
I have had 2 catalog parties that did alright, and I have my first cooking show tomorrow.
I guess I might have been mistaken in thinking that getting bookings would be easier.
I have done all the tutorials and am working hard to make contacts. I would love a little advice and support. Thanks.

It is much easier to get bookings from a cooking show than catalog shows! That's where you can get the ball rolling. Also - ASK EVERYONE if they want to have a show. When I used to do shows I used to be shy about asking and only ask those that seemed to be more enthusiastic during the show. Then I was told to ask everyone, so, as part of the checkout process I would ask. It didn't seem so bad to ask at that point - if they said "no" it wasn't awkward since you could just continue discussing their order. I can remember getting bookings from people that didn't seem to enjoy the show (who I probably would have NEVER thought to ask previously). I would have never gotten those bookings if I didn't ask EVERYONE!Good Luck!

Hope you had a great cooking show! And welcome our site!

I had a great first show, thank you for the support. I have 3 more scheduled for March so far. I feel like I completely blanked when I was talking about products, but people still bought. :) Thankfully Pampered Chef sells itself.

Welcome to CS Bianca!

Don't worry about blanking out. It's happened to all of us. Just share your enthusiasm, have fun, they know you're new.

One thing I've learned from VETERAN Consultants...it is OK to carry note cards. In fact, they encourage it. My NED has had people tell her that they were actually relieved she was using note cards sometimes, because they knew she would stay on task more and not "ramble".So use note cards! No shame in it, plus, it shows others who might consider the business that you don't HAVE to memorize the information. With time and practice, yes, you will likely remember more and more. But that's with doing more and more shows.Those first 3 shows will hopefully yield 3-6 new shows, and those will hopefully yield 1-2 shows per show...so on and so on.

1. How can I get more bookings as a new consultant?

One of the best ways to get more bookings is to reach out to your friends and family and ask them to host a party for you. You can also attend vendor events or set up a booth at local fairs to reach a larger audience. Don't be afraid to ask for referrals from your past hosts as well.

2. What are some tips for a successful cooking show?

Make sure to thoroughly plan and prepare for your cooking show. Have all the necessary ingredients and supplies ready beforehand. Engage your guests by asking for their help or input during the cooking process. And most importantly, have fun and be yourself!

3. How can I make more contacts as a new consultant?

One way to make more contacts is to attend networking events in your community, such as business luncheons or chamber of commerce meetings. You can also utilize social media to connect with potential customers and hostesses. Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and introduce yourself to new people.

4. What are some common mistakes new consultants make?

One common mistake is not following up with potential customers or hostesses. It's important to stay in touch and remind them about the benefits of hosting a party or purchasing products. Another mistake is not utilizing all the resources and training materials provided by Pampered Chef. Make sure to take advantage of all the tools available to help you succeed.

5. How can I find support and advice as a new consultant?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of support and resources for new consultants, including online training materials, local consultant meetings, and a mentor program. You can also join online communities or forums to connect with other consultants and share tips and advice. Don't hesitate to reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for support and guidance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cyndi Reeder
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kitchen Love Lauren
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Carrie Potashnick