1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: New and struggling a bit

1. Hi Everyone, I am Bianca.
    I am new to the site and a new consultant. This is my 4th week.
    I have had 2 catalog parties that did alright, and I have my first cooking show tomorrow.
    I guess I might have been mistaken in thinking that getting bookings would be easier.
    I have done all the tutorials and am working hard to make contacts. I would love a little advice and support. Thanks.

Feb 21, 2015
  2. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

It is much easier to get bookings from a cooking show than catalog shows! That's where you can get the ball rolling.

Also - ASK EVERYONE if they want to have a show. When I used to do shows I used to be shy about asking and only ask those that seemed to be more enthusiastic during the show. Then I was told to ask everyone, so, as part of the checkout process I would ask. It didn't seem so bad to ask at that point - if they said "no" it wasn't awkward since you could just continue discussing their order. I can remember getting bookings from people that didn't seem to enjoy the show (who I probably would have NEVER thought to ask previously). I would have never gotten those bookings if I didn't ask EVERYONE!

Good Luck!

Feb 21, 2015
  3. DebPC

DebPC Legacy Member Staff Member

Hope you had a great cooking show! And welcome our site!

Feb 22, 2015
  4. I had a great first show, thank you for the support. I have 3 more scheduled for March so far. I feel like I completely blanked when I was talking about products, but people still bought. :) Thankfully Pampered Chef sells itself.

Mar 2, 2015
  5. Admin Greg

Admin Greg Senior Member Staff Member

Welcome to CS Bianca!

Mar 3, 2015
  6. DebPC

DebPC Legacy Member Staff Member

Don't worry about blanking out. It's happened to all of us. Just share your enthusiasm, have fun, they know you're new.

Mar 6, 2015
  7. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

One thing I've learned from VETERAN Consultants...it is OK to carry note cards. In fact, they encourage it. My NED has had people tell her that they were actually relieved she was using note cards sometimes, because they knew she would stay on task more and not "ramble".

So use note cards! No shame in it, plus, it shows others who might consider the business that you don't HAVE to memorize the information. With time and practice, yes, you will likely remember more and more. But that's with doing more and more shows.

Those first 3 shows will hopefully yield 3-6 new shows, and those will hopefully yield 1-2 shows per show...so on and so on.

Mar 6, 2015
Have something to add?