• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Pursue a Pampered Chef Business Despite My Fears?

In summary, becoming a Pampered Chef consultant can be a fulfilling and rewarding opportunity. While it's normal to have doubts, it's important to remember your love for cooking and the support and training offered by the company. Despite potential competition, Pampered Chef has a large customer base and resources to help you stand out. When reaching out to potential customers, take advantage of local events and social media to expand your network. And even with minimal support from friends and family, you can still have a successful business with Pampered Chef's flexibility. Trust in yourself and your abilities, and you'll be on your way to a successful career with Pampered Chef.
pampered_rae
Gold Member
I am signing up this weekend but I am having my doubts. As I sit here and read through some of these threads I can't help but think that I am not that creative and outgoing with people. Plus I am worried that there are already too many PC consultants in my area and I am not going to have any luck with the business. I do have one thing going for me at least well maybe two. I LOVE PAMPERED CHEF AND I LOVE COOKING!
I have just moved to Germany and I don't know anyone here, and I can't rely on my family as they don't have extra money to spend and they don't want to help me out by doing a catalog show.
Is this something I should just forget about or what? Even my husband tells me it would be too much but I think I would enjoy it even if I only do 1 show a month.
Any helpful words I could share with my husband well and MYSELF, would be great help.

Thank You

My advice to you is not to give up before you try. I can pretty much guarantee that all of us started with the same fears. I myself never imagined doing this business, I was not out going and had extreme fear of talking in public. I have been doing this business for 15 months and I LOVE IT!! It is a great way to meet people also. You have nothing to lose by trying the business and so much to gain....if you don't like it or feel it isn't for you, you can always stop but I definately recommend givng it a try. Good luck to you!

It is amazing what this business has done for so many people. All you have to do is share your love for the products. Talk about what you know. Let the guests give tips and testamonials of the products they own.

TELL THEM that you are new and nervous. They will help you get through the initial fears.

Getting shows: there are lots of posts on this forum about who to ask. Talk to everyone. ASK them to help you out or to give you referrals. Get into a fair. If you want this you can do it!

Most important, HAVE FUN!!!

Rae~

Probably 99% of those signing up are SCARED TO DEATH just like you are! I was in the same boat! I am not an outgoing person by nature. I NEVER liked getting up in front of people. My first show, I was sooooo nervous, you could actually hear my voice quivering!

I have to agree with Beth and Krissy... they gave you great points! When I started this business, I did so wanting to earn money and free products. What I never expected was all of the other things I would gain: new friends, better self-confidence, and a sense of accomplishment! Maybe God has placed this opportunity in your path to help you branch out and meet new people since you have just moved!

Try it! Sit down with hubby and ask him what he feels is a reasonable amount of time for you to try this business out to see if it is a "fit" for your family. My hubby wanted me to committ to one year of giving it my all, but you hubby may not feel the same way. Include him in your planning, so he doesn't feel like you are abandoning your family. Ask him what his fears are...what would be the worst case senerio...what would be the best case senerio...and then work together to make a plan of action! Hopefully, too, that will help him to be supportive of your new business!

I about had a nervous break down my first show demo!! OMG...
But 6+ years later...no gitters...love it...it has given me confidence, I've met sooo many wonderful people... Just tell everyone that you are doing this. Your first hosts in 30 days get either the Hot Pad/Trivet or the Lemon Rosemary Soap....so work on getting those hosts!!

Best luck to you...and BTW...I'm not creative either...that's one reason this site is so helpful!!!

Check back in with us...let us know how things are going!!
We are all here to help eachother...and ourselves! ! ! :-D

Hi Rae,

I'm in Germany also...are you in the KMC area? There is simply no way to have too many of us!

Don't worry about the number of consultants in your area. Only a handful really do this full-time. (That's what's so nice about PC....you can choose how much time you want to invest!)

If you do four shows a month with say, an average of 10 guests, that's 40 customers a month. Now if you go stand in the commissary on a saturday morning and count the number of people who walk by in an hour...it's a WHOLE LOT more. And about a third of the military community moves every year...so we get new customers!

When I started 6 months ago, my husband was very uncertain about this whole thing. Now he is incredibly supportive. The income is nice, but he says seeing me do something I enjoy is what matters.

Like you, I love PC (have been a junkie for years) and I love to cook. Even on bad days (and there are some), I figure I'm lucky to be doing something that truly interests me. I put off the decision to do this for years; now I wish I had started sooner!

I hope this helps!
Kris

If you're scared, you're in good company. Most of us had "kit remorse" at first. Give yourself plenty of time to get established. Remember, too, that people aren't doing you a favor by hosting a show. You're offering them something great--a way to earn free and discounted products.

As far as being creative and outgoing, don't worry. The creative part can be taken care of by combing the posts here. The fun, creative types are more than willing to share ideas, fliers, etc. And the outgoing part isn't an issue at all. While I'm no shrinking violet, I've been pleasantly surprised at how many of my fellow consultants are actually fairly quiet and shy.

Finally, as far as the issue of too many consultants, there's no such thing. You'll find your style, and that will appeal to people who aren't attracted to the styles of other consultants. They'll become your core customer base. I'm confident that you will find your niche and hit your stride. Just give it time and try on lots of different ideas.

Oh, yeah, and welcome to both the Pampered Chef business and the Chef Success family. We're a little disfunctional, but a lot of fun .

BTW, nice to have another Rae onboard.

Hi Rae!! I'm also in Germany in the KMC area. And everything Kris (and everyone else for that matter) has said is correct! There is a HUGE customer base here and it's constantly changing. AND the consultants are constantly changing as well! Those of us that choose to make this full time have no problem finding cutomers to do so. You already have two things going for you: your love of cooking and your love of PC!! Believe it or not, I HATE TO COOK! LOL! BUT, it's way less of a bother with my cool PC gadgets.

If you are in the KMC area and you ARE NOT already working with someone locally, our cluster would love to adopt you after you sign. Contact me if I can help you out in any way!

And don't worry!!! Go for it!!!

Rae - I have done several craft fairs and bridal shows and found that even though there are several consultants in my are there is pleanty of business if you just get out there and work it. The last bridal show I didthey did a bingo game which required all brides to come to my table - almost half the people there didn't know about Pampered Chef. I ended up with lots of leads from that show.

Dont' give up and don't worry about being creative - I am not very creative but you can lean on the creative talents of your fellow consultants on CS and such. Your enthusiasm is what wil lmake the difference.

Hi, Rae: You are doing the right thing! Bring up your concerns and we can all help you sort through them! There is so much great advice on this board. And the great thing about where you are is that it is a growing market--HUGE potential! I know what you mean when you say things are tight with family and they aren't able to support you the way you want, but they can help in other ways (like referrals)! And, as far as your husband goes, just give it a try for a few months!

Hey, Krissy: You're not far from me! Who's your director?

Thanks everyone!
Yes I am in the KMC area. I am having a show this Sat, where I am going to sign up. I have invited everyone that I run into hoping that someone will show up. I know a few are interested but really am unsure how it will turn out. I keep hoping that like evryone will show and I will have this huge show with lots of people that want to help support me in my new endevour. ~Nice dream!~
I have been telling people at the very least just bring the kids so my son, he's 2, can get to know some other kids and while they play we can snack on some good food. :)

I just wanted to say THANKS again to everyone for giving me some inspiration. I do believe it is just nerves trying to talk me out of it. I have been tossing the idea around for quite a while.

What a wonderful way to get to meet lots of people in your new neighborhood. Please be sure to keep us in the loop. We are cheering for your success.

pampered_rae said:
Thanks everyone!
Yes I am in the KMC area. I am having a show this Sat, where I am going to sign up. I have invited everyone that I run into hoping that someone will show up. I know a few are interested but really am unsure how it will turn out. I keep hoping that like evryone will show and I will have this huge show with lots of people that want to help support me in my new endevour. ~Nice dream!~
I have been telling people at the very least just bring the kids so my son, he's 2, can get to know some other kids and while they play we can snack on some good food. :)

I just wanted to say THANKS again to everyone for giving me some inspiration. I do believe it is just nerves trying to talk me out of it. I have been tossing the idea around for quite a while.

You should think of signing up then using that as one of your first shows! To me the $20/$40 kit credit was made up fast by having those people as customers rather than guests. Good luck!!!! ...and WELCOME to PC! (notice there is no doubt there? - I waited 12 years to sign - don't wait that long) ;)

My consultant said she will let me have the bookings from my show. Do you think that I should just let this be my first show? I won't have any of my stuff but that would be one less show that I would need. Huummm things to think about!

Yes, you should absolutely let this be your first show!! That will help you tremendously! AND you'll have the bookings to make sure you qualify and earn some PC Dollars!!!

Good luck!!!

Rae! Congrats on starting your new biz! That's wonderful!
I agree that this should be your first show...but make sure that whoever is "doing" your show is okay with that. Congrats again, and welcome to our happy online cluster!

(wow - we have another Rae!!!)

pcchris said:
(wow - we have another Rae!!!)

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

1. How do I overcome my doubts about becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

Becoming a Pampered Chef consultant can be an exciting and rewarding opportunity. It's normal to have doubts before starting any new venture, but it's important to remember your love for cooking and the products. Also, keep in mind that your success is not solely dependent on your creativity and outgoing personality – the products practically sell themselves! With the right training and support from the company, you can feel confident in your ability to succeed as a consultant.

2. Will I have competition as a Pampered Chef consultant in my area?

Pampered Chef has a large and diverse customer base, so there is always potential for success no matter your location. Additionally, the company offers training and resources to help you stand out and differentiate yourself from other consultants in your area. Don't let the fear of competition hold you back from pursuing this opportunity!

3. How can I reach out to potential customers if I don't know anyone in my new area?

Moving to a new place can be daunting, but it also presents a great opportunity to meet new people and expand your network. Take advantage of local events and gatherings to introduce yourself and your business. You can also utilize social media and online marketplaces to reach a wider audience. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there and make connections!

4. My family is not able to support me by hosting a catalog show. What should I do?

While family and friends can be a great support system, they are not the only source of potential customers. You can still have a successful business without their help. Focus on building relationships with new customers and utilizing online platforms to reach a wider audience. Remember, the more you put yourself out there, the more opportunities you have to grow your business.

5. Is it worth it to become a Pampered Chef consultant if I can only do one show a month?

Absolutely! One of the great things about being a Pampered Chef consultant is the flexibility to work at your own pace. Even with one show a month, you can still earn extra income and enjoy the perks of being a consultant, such as discounts on products and the opportunity to try new recipes. Plus, you never know – that one show could lead to more bookings and potential for growth in the future.

Conclusion

Becoming a Pampered Chef consultant can be a fulfilling and enjoyable experience. Don't let doubts or fears hold you back from pursuing this opportunity. With a passion for cooking and the right support and resources, you can succeed in this business even in a new area. Trust in yourself and your abilities, and you'll be on your way to a successful Pampered Chef career!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sabrina Serfling
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Sabrina Serfling
  • Teresa Johnson
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
KylieBee17
  • Rebecca Clive