1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: New and Nervous

1. Hi, my name is Shannon and I am a new consultant. So, new I haven't even did my first party yet. My first booking is Mar 3 and I was wondering if you can give me some good points to make during my demo. I want to make sure I include everything that is important and put it on my index cards. I am soooo excited and nervous at the same time. I cannot wait for my first show (don't have many nails left though). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Shannon from Ohio
    consultant # 473886

Feb 22, 2006
  2. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

Relax and have fun! Put on a smile and tell them all the things you love about PC. USE those note cards - they were my lifeline for my first several months.

Remember we are the Pampered Chef not the Perfect Chef. :p ;)

Feb 22, 2006
  3. Muppetgal

Muppetgal Member Silver Member

A big thing to remember is that if you miss something it isn't the end of the world. At my last show I forgot to tell people how to clean the stoneware, I remembered after the orders were all done so told them at that point. I still sold about 6 pieces of stone because I talked about all the other benefits, so don't worry if you don't remember to do it all.

I've also left out ingredients before (like garlic clove, it's easiest to miss) and the recipe still tasted fine.

Have fun, you are there to give THEM a service and as long as you think of it that way you'll have a good time!

Best of luck. I have a show on March 3rd, but I'll log on the next day to see how it went for you!

Feb 22, 2006
  4. monica_sweetconsultant

monica_sweetconsultant Advanced Member Silver Member

be honest and let them know this is your first show. my first show was for a friend and when her guests (thanks god only 3 showed!) arrived i was running around like i had lost my mind!! when it came time to demo i just laughed took a deep breath and said can you tell this is my first show? they laughed and said yeah but its ok...just take your time!! my first show was almost $400 which i am very proud of!! so my advice is relax, have fun, remember to breathe, and do your best. you will ony have to do your first show once and you wont believe how much easier the second is!!

5. Remember to have fun and relax. Its your first show and we all had to do a first show. ;) And I would think we were all nervous after it, I know I was and I was doing the show for a friend and her mom and a neighbor who showed up. You would have thought I wouldn't have been nervous but I was.
    You will get through it and you may forget things but don't let it worry you.
    Be honest let them know its your first show and you are nervous. They may just put you at ease.
    Good Luck and remember once its over you got that first show done and you survived!! :D

Feb 28, 2006
Have something to add?