• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I handle last minute changes and uncertainties in my first PC show?

In summary, the key to handling last minute changes and uncertainties in your first PC show is to be prepared and stay positive. Have extra products on hand, communicate with your host, and make the best of the situation. To meet your monthly sales goal, reach out to customers and offer incentives or extend deadlines. And remember, every show is a learning opportunity and with experience, you will become better at handling these challenges. Keep going and don't give up!
chefgailliard
I am new to PC. I have my first show tonight and I am not sure if I coached my host well. I gave her the host packet, told her to do the list of 100 to generate iseas on how to invite people, and she did. She told me on Wednesday that there will be 8 definite people there. She just called me and told me that there now will only be two guests as 1 canceled on her. What happened to the others?

She has some outside orders, but those aren't finalized either. I put so much time into this show and I need to qualify by the end of this month as I have a bridal show to do in November and I want to set people up for registries on the website. I am going to do the show tonight as I need the practice and make it liek everyone's just cooking instead of a presentation-type show. But I am worried now to see if she'll get enough sales. And she is a good customer, so I would do another show with her with more time and hand hold some more, but this month is so crutial.

On top of that, I had a catalog show that was supposed to close today, but is not for reasons unknown and she hasn't given me any date which to close. I have my open house on Sunday and I'm not sure how that's going to go. I sent out invites, followed up with people, but they are so shifty with their answers. I have 1 definite person coming. One! I need two out of these 3 shows to close by the 31st or else I'm screwed! Any ideas or words of encouragement?

Yes... breathe.... deeply... exhale through your nose, slowly.... lather, rinse, repeat... I was really nervous too and I'm worried still about qualifying in time to do online orders for an upcoming open house where I think that's going to do well with (some folks who will want to partake may be out of the area)... I've also found that putting myself under too much pressure only leads to anxiety attacks and guilt (the dreaded I shoulds... like I should be making calls instead of typing this)... Sometimes finding ourselves in panic mode can make things spiral out worse. We're attracting that chaotic energy and well... that's not what you need. You need calm... cool... confident... if only it came in a bottle! Lather, rinse, repeat... So breathe... visualize good things if that works for you... pray to a higher power if you've got one... put out your intent and see what happens, you just might surprise yourself. ;)

1. How can I handle last minute changes and uncertainties in my first PC show?

Last minute changes and uncertainties are common in any business, especially when you are just starting out. The best way to handle this is to be prepared for any situation. Make sure you have extra products on hand in case more guests show up, and have a plan in case some guests cancel last minute. Stay positive and flexible, and remember that every show is an opportunity to practice and improve.

2. I am new to PC. I have my first show tonight and I am not sure if I coached my host well. What should I do?

Coaching your host is an important part of a successful show. If you are unsure if you provided enough guidance, try reaching out to your host and offering to go over the details again. You can also offer to do a quick run-through before the guests arrive to ensure everything is in place. Remember, it's better to over-communicate than to leave your host feeling unsure.

3. What can I do if there are last minute cancelations and my host doesn't have enough guests?

If there are last minute cancelations and your host doesn't have enough guests, try to stay positive and make the best of the situation. You can still do a cooking demonstration or have a casual gathering with the guests who are present. Encourage your host to reach out to her network and see if anyone else can join or if she can gather more outside orders. Remember, every sale counts and every show is an opportunity to build relationships and practice your skills.

4. How can I ensure that I meet my monthly sales goal if my shows are not closing by the end of the month?

If your shows are not closing by the end of the month, you can try to reach out to your customers and offer them incentives to place their orders before the deadline. You can also offer to extend the deadline for your open house or catalog show to give yourself more time to meet your sales goal. Remember to always follow up with your customers and remind them of the deadline.

5. Any words of encouragement for a new PC consultant facing last minute changes and uncertainties in her first shows?

Remember that every consultant has faced similar challenges in their first shows. Don't beat yourself up over things that are out of your control. Stay positive, be prepared for any situation, and focus on building relationships with your guests. Every show is an opportunity to learn and improve, and with time and experience, you will become a pro at handling last minute changes and uncertainties. Keep going and don't give up!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sarah Wilhoit
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lkbcovington