1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: New addition to the family

1. PampChefJoy

PampChefJoy Veteran Member Gold Member

I don't remember if I posted about our two fur-babies passing away earlier this year. We got all 3 dogs in 1992 as shelter/strays, and we lost Ernie, my "firstborn" 3 years ago at age 14. Earlier this year, we lost Stubby at 16 1/2 in May, and then Bobo in July, right around 17 years old. Those are LONG years to have a dog in your life, and we immediately found the house too quiet, too still.

My husband has wanted a German Shepherd for a long time but we never wanted to bother our sweet babies in their golden years with a puppy running underfoot, so we agreed to wait until all 3 were passed on. Well, luck or fate would have it that I inquired with a breeder about 3 weeks after losing Bobo. She had a litter that had just been whelped and we decided to go for it.

EJ (for Ernie Jr) was born on August 1st and we brought him home on October 3rd, after a long and impatient 4 hour car ride up to near the Oregon border to meet her halfway. We are absolutely in love with him (except when he occasionally uses the hallway for a bathroom and the shoes or our hands for chew toys). You can see his puppy pics here: Plannedpups (scroll to the bottom to see the beginning - he is the "Orange Boy").

And here is his most recent picture that I took. He is going to be huge- he is 11 weeks and 23.5 lbs. Thanks for letting me share :)
    [​IMG]

Oct 19, 2009
  2. chefheidi2003

chefheidi2003 Senior Member Gold Member

OMG..he is absolutely beautiful..sorry to hear about your other dogs..but..I am so glad thatt you were able to find a perfect addition to your family

Oct 19, 2009
  3. Monty060609

Monty060609 Member

OMG! Congrats!! He is absolutely beautiful!!

Oct 19, 2009
  4. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

He is BEAUTIFUL! Enjoy your new fur-baby!

Oct 19, 2009
  5. Gina M

Gina M Veteran Member Gold Member

He is stunning!! Enjoy him - so happy you have a new puppy:)

Oct 19, 2009
  6. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

He is a chookie mookie!!! I don't know what that really means, its just a cute name we made up for realy cute chookie mookies!

Oct 19, 2009
  7. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

you are going to LOVE him!! growing up all we had were german shephards...our first one we got before my lil sis was born and she passed away when she was almost 14 years old. she was the most amazing 'friend' i ever had and a great watch dog she was very protective and the perfect family member to us. the one my parents have now is great too, she is already 4 years old and is a perfect german shephard. they are an amazing breed of dogs, and you won't regret your new family member! they truely are an amazing, intelligent dog! i sort of rambled but I just love these dogs sooo much!

Oct 20, 2009
  8. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

Wow, what a beautiful puppy! Congrats and bests of luck!

Oct 20, 2009
  9. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

EJ is adorable, Joy. May you all have many happy years together.

Oct 20, 2009
  10. tbsigma94

tbsigma94 Novice Member Gold Member

He is so adorable!!!!

Oct 20, 2009
  11. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Adorable! And you can already see the intelligence in his eyes.

Oct 20, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted