• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Never Give Up: My Miraculous Show Closing Story

In summary, the conversation revolved around the ups and downs of running a business and the importance of not giving up. Donna shared a success story about a large show that finally closed after facing challenges and some members of the conversation expressed congratulations and support. However, there was also a heated exchange with one member, Ginger, making negative comments towards Donna and her success. Some members defended Donna and questioned Ginger's behavior, while others suggested giving Ginger the benefit of the doubt. The conversation ended with some confusion and Donna clarifying that her thread was about never giving up on a show, not quitting the business.
DZmom
NEVER GIVE UP on a Show!Now I've learned to NEVER GIVE UP on a show! One of my best friends had her MIL help me get a few bookings. She had 2 of her friends do catalog shows for me in FEB. The 2 ladies were supposed to close their shows on FEB 21st, but after the MIL called to say that they'd almost gotten all the money together for one show and the other lady's mom was ill and she couldn't do the show, I didn't hear from them at all. UNTIL today! My friend's MIL called to say that they had all the money and would like to close the show. Now, I only hope that they've not ordered anything that was discontinued. It's over an $800 show! I couldn't believe it. I was so upset when the show didn't close and I lost out on the double points. I was even more upset because I didn't get the Pan O Rama points from the cookware sales that were part of the show! I still can't believe it!

Last edited:
WELL I AM GIVING UP!!! & as for you, I guess its REALLY nice walking around with a horseshoe stuck up their butt! I'm happy that everything turned out good for you.

Chill
Ginger428 said:
WELL I AM GIVING UP!!! & as for you, I guess its REALLY nice walking around with a horseshoe stuck up their butt! I'm happy that everything turned out good for you.

Wow! I can understand being upset at the ups and downs of owning your own business, but that's not fair to attack another consultant for sticking it out!

wow that was kind of harsh!! we all have our ups and downs in this business. when i went inactice and was feeling sorry for myself everyone else was so supportive and encouraging!! i still have gottong active again but i am still tring and still recieving encouragement and support. its not fair to attack somone else. we are all here for each other!!

What??
Ginger428 said:

WOW...what does that mean?

Donna! I am proud of you! I have been having a rough time lately with this buisness so its so great to hear how someone is doing well! Congratulations and thanks for sharing your uplifting story!

Thanks to all those that stuck up for me and also to Jessica for the good wishes! :D

As for Ginger, :( It doesn't surprise me that your business is failing and you are giving up. If you approach your business with the attitude that come across in your above post then so long, fair well & goodbye! This business is like any other, it has NOTHING to do with luck, it's all about hard work, you reap what you sew. I've worked my butt off for 10 months and it's finally paying off. If you have nothing positive to say and just want everyone to jump on your pity party wagon THEN START YOUR OWN THREAD!! Leave mine alone!

Sorry guys, but that slam was one I couldn't let slide. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hmm odd, Ginger has always been very supportive of alot of threads I have posted??? Maybe we misinterpreted what she was saying??? OR maybe she is having a bad day!?? ~ Ginger don't give up!

Good for you Donna! It just goes to show no matter how bad things seem some times and we may want to throw in the towel- hang in there and something great like that could happen! You just never know!

Ginger428 said:

I am still confused! Who has the horseshoe stuck up their butt!

Kidding...I think Ginger's kidding. From past posts it seems like she has a good sense of humor. Ginger, where are you?

Donna - congratulations!!

Diane

Ginger has always been nice in previous threads! Maybe it was someone at her house messing with us. On my babycenter board one woman's teenage son logged on as her and started stirring up trouble just like this! Has anyone PM'ed Ginger to see if she even knows about this or has an opinion about what was said. Just playing devil's advocate, but I don't think it's right to jump on her case when we don't know what really happened.

I've always been really supportive of everyone's ideas and I'm sorry but it really ticked me off. I would never quit TPC and my NEVER GIVE UP thread title meant never give up on a show. As for what Ginger said, I don't know if she was joking or not, but if she was then it's really bad joke. I also had just read her thread about receiving a HO letter about not submitting $200 last month. From the way that thread came across and then reading what she posted here, I took it as a slam and I'm sorry, but I'm of the mind that if you don't have anything nice to say than keep your mouth shut!

Wow, I am shocked too!!!
I,also received a email from HO that I might be inactive. Right now my life has been a BIG MESS!!! I will NOT give up on PC!! I hope that Ginger is OK?

:confused: Wow, interesting thread! Congrats to you Donna, sometimes hosts can really surprise you! I hope Ginger was joking but I can see how it would be hurtfull! Maybe she was having a bad day, everyone here is always so supportive. It's like going to a cluster meeting everytime I visit this site:) Keep your heads up everyone-a strong May leads to a strong June-which leads to free fall products:D

Yay, I am very happy for you....PC is like a box of chocolates, won't say the rest!

Let's just give Ginger the benefit of the doubt for right now. Maybe she is having a really crappey day, maybe she did not mean it the way it sounded. Just wait till she responds. It can be quit dis heartening to be having sales trouble and then read on hear that someone is doing fantastic. The best thing to do would be to turn it into a possitive and learn from others. We have all had great months and bad months. It just comes with the business. Keep pressing on Ginger!

Well, just an update on the show that I thought was gone for good. My friend is picking up the orders and money from her MIL tonight. I'll post the details later! The MIL says that it came to over $900 in sales and total cash collected is $1021.00! Yeah!!!

Woo hooo, that is awesome!

luvs2sellit said:
Let's just give Ginger the benefit of the doubt for right now. Maybe she is having a really crappey day, maybe she did not mean it the way it sounded. Just wait till she responds. It can be quit dis heartening to be having sales trouble and then read on hear that someone is doing fantastic. The best thing to do would be to turn it into a possitive and learn from others. We have all had great months and bad months. It just comes with the business. Keep pressing on Ginger!

I second that!

Congrats Donna! Awesome turn about!

That is great news Donna! I just love it when parties like that come in. :D

I also had a person bail on me on a catalog show, it was my aunt of all people. Also the people at my work said they would help me out before I started TPC and I am still waiting. I haven't given up and I hope noone else does either.

so.....did anyone ever hear from Ginger again? :confused:

I haven't seen anything from her but...I know she is on here and reading posts...

Ginger where are you? Are you okay?

Let us know please!!!!

Hi everyone I am new at this but I just wanted everyone to know I have been reading on this site for about a week and I have gotten alot of ideas thanks ladies I am on my 3rd month , had a 1209.00 show on my second show that was a life saver and now I am talking to a lady that wants to start selling so I guess if anyone has a horse shoe stuck to their butt it would have to be me. Well talk to you all later.

1. What is "Never Give Up: My Miraculous Show Closing Story" about?

"Never Give Up: My Miraculous Show Closing Story" is a memoir written by a former Pampered Chef consultant, detailing her journey of perseverance and determination in the face of challenges and setbacks in her business.

2. Is this book only for Pampered Chef consultants?

No, this book is for anyone who has faced difficulties in achieving their goals and needs inspiration to keep going. While it does focus on the author's experience with Pampered Chef, the message of never giving up is universal and can be applied to any aspect of life.

3. Does the book offer practical advice for success in direct sales?

Yes, the author shares tips and strategies that she used to overcome obstacles and achieve success in her Pampered Chef business. These insights and techniques can be applied by anyone in the direct sales industry.

4. Can I purchase this book through Pampered Chef?

No, "Never Give Up: My Miraculous Show Closing Story" is not available for purchase through Pampered Chef. It can be found on popular online retailers such as Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

5. Is there an audiobook version of this book available?

Yes, there is an audiobook version of "Never Give Up: My Miraculous Show Closing Story" available for purchase. It can be found on Audible and other audiobook platforms.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Chef_2_Four
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefpenny99