• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Nan's Grand Opening: Nervous but Excited for Saturday's First Show!

You could also do a grilled veggie salad with a balsamic dressing..In summary, the speaker is from Kentucky and shared their excitement for their upcoming grand opening and their success in booking shows and selling products. They received advice on recipes and tips for their grand opening. They also shared their love for the Deep Covered Baker and other products. The conversation also discussed using substitute items for recipes and adding on to a catalog show for faster delivery of needed products. The speaker was advised to stay true to their enthusiastic and friendly personality. Suggestions for a grilled veggie
Nep2nfly
Hi ya'll (from Kentucky): I just had to share how excited I am! My grand opening is Saturday (April 10th) which will be my very first show (I have 4 outside orders already!). I am getting increasingly nervous - especially since my recruiter can't be there. However, I am also very, very excited. I have been showing off the DCB and talking it up, and because of this have already booked 5 shows (and only one of these is a close friend or family member)! I really, really want to meet all of the 30 day goals (especially since it's double points this month). I just confirmed my fifth show today! I have a catalog show ending on Wednesday (She has 5 orders so far), and I have three people who want to book a show in the next month or so but want to get back to me on a date (I will be following up this week). I was also asked to host a booth (for free!) at a local hospital event, in 2 weeks, and was asked to host a booth (again - for free) at an event called "Spam and Jam" in June (fun stuff!)
Needless to say - I'm excited and wanted to share!
Any tips on how to do my grand opening on Saturday and sell, sell, sell? This site is awesome - you have helped me so much!
Nan

Congrats on all your accomplishments so far!!! :DMy advice would be to obviously invite EVERYONE you know!!!!
What do you plan to make at your grand opening? I received really good responses from the Chicken Fajita recipe found here on CS...it's awesome!!! I sold two DCB's from it and booked two parties..
Also, practice what you will make before your show and watch the "Cooking Shows in Action" DVD....
Good luck!

Brook - thanks for your suggestion. I hadn't decided on a recipe yet - but I will definitely take your advice since you have had such a successful first 6 weeks. I will start making it asap! Did you do anything special at your shows?

I just was my normal goofy self and people apparently love goofy....hahhaThe fajitas are SOOO easy...even if you don't decide to do the fajitas at your party it will def be one of those recipes you make for your family on a regular basis!!! My guests also LOVED the salsa so get yourself some salad choppers if you dont have them already! (it's on the same recipe as the fajitas)
I also made the chocolate lava cake in the DCB...it may just be a boxed cake and icing but everyone I have made it for have LOVED it...especially with a side of ice cream....ha
One other thing that helped my sales in March (5,600...still cant believe it..ha) is to offer the host another free gift from you.... I know they are getting so much free already but something about MORE free makes them work that much harder to get to that goal...(for example..I told my friend if her party got up to 800 in sales that I would buy her the 8' saute pan..it worked for three of my shows...and one of them was a catalog order!!!!)

Brook - did you have all the required equipment for the fajitas? I don't have the salad chopper, citrus press, or Chef's tongs....did you just use substitute items? (I know this is a silly question - but I'm asking it anyway).

I do have the salad chopper and the chef's tongs....I just squeezed the lime with my hand but did just receive my citrus press yesterday by Fedex.....could you add those items to your friends catalog show to get them in time for your grand opening?
Do you have the DCB?

Good idea - I will add on to her catalog show- not sure it will get there in time, but it should get there by the second show. The lava cake sounds like a good idea - I will try that in the DCB this week. I love my DCB - it's my favorite product right now (that and the SS bowls). :)
Nan

The best advice I can give you is this. DO NOT CHANGE! You are a very enthusiastic person with a great personality from what we can tell from here! The DCB ideas are great and the fajitas are awesome. And yes, you could easily cut up the chicken with a knife of if you start with smaller pieces, the Kitchen Shears if need be. Do you have some of the spice rubs? Instead of salsa, create a salad with romaine, cherry or grape tomatoes, I like the grape ones because you simply wash and dump them in, and sliced cucumber. Then you can create several different salads by placing around "sides". Mexican: Mix 2 tablespoons chipotle rub with 2 cups of ranch dressing, serve with shredded taco or cheddar cheese, Greek Salad: Mix 1 tablespoon Greek Rub with 1/4 c vinegar and 3/4 c olive oil, serve with crumbled feta cheese; or smokey BBQ salad: Mix 2 tablespoons Smokey BBQ rub with 1/2 c mayo and 1/2 c sour cream, serve diced cooked chicken and shredded cheddar cheese and if you want, for a southern twist, chopped sweet pickles. Fast simple and you can easily go large on the salad base and combine several themes for the salad. Then you let your guests choose their toppings. Or you could do a Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad. That is awesome all on its own! (I found that if I rinse the meat in hot water before adding anything else to it, it removes the grease and will be OK to serve even if it cools off.)

Hi Nan..welcome to PC! I am in Hopkinsville...kind of close to you! This month is my one year anniversary with PC and I have really enjoyed the experience. I remember my very first show and everything went great. It sounds like you are off to a really great start and I wish you the very best in a successful business. The best advice I can give you for your first show it to keep it simple. There is so much about PC that we are so excited about and want to share everything with our guests but keep in mind that it is ok to keep it simple. PC basically sells itself because of the great products and you will want to show how easy it is to do 30 minute meals with your guests. Whet their appetites so to speak with your first show and this will create bookings for you. I have no doubt you will qualify in your first 30 days..I did and so many others have. :)

That is funny to hear! We used to, and not to be gross here but it is!, throwing up info at our guests! Do not do that! You do not want them to think 1) you are a know it all or 2) that you are a total info bore!
Be your light hearted, have fun self and you will do very well!

pampered1224 said:
The best advice I can give you is this. DO NOT CHANGE! You are a very enthusiastic person with a great personality from what we can tell from here!

Thank you so much! You are very sweet - and I will do my very best to do just that. If anything, I really hope that I don't clam up. I hope that I can show my personality and have a good time, while telling everyone just how much I love the PC products, and how affordable it really is (especially for hosts) for the quality you receive!

Great ideas - I will practice a few and see what works best for me. I'm thinking light and quick for this one.
Nan

Haha - I'm a teacher, so the last thing I want to do is make this a "class" - who wants to sign up to host a show when it would be like being back in English 101? I will definitely take that to heart.
You guys are wonderful!

After reading through several threads, I decided to try a trio of dishes...the loaded potato soup, garlic biscuits (in the skillet in the oven - super fast recipe) and the choc-peanut butter lava cake (again, super fast and shows how quickly it is to clean the DCB, and cook dessert while you are eating dinner - and you don't taste the soup in the cake, so it also shows the non-porous nature of the dcb). I just did it all for my husband - and he loved it. It was easy to do it all and I think it will be a hit. Now to practice for the rest of the week - my hubby is sure to be tired of it by Saturday!
Nancy

Don't forget to track your testing costs (groceries & trip to the store)- it is deductible!

Oooh - I new about the groceries, but didn't think about the trip to the store, especially since I specifically went just to get supplies for the test run. :)

What is "Nervous! but Excited!"?

"Nervous! but Excited!" is a collection of kitchen tools and products designed to make cooking and baking easier and more enjoyable. These products are meant to help home cooks and professional chefs alike create delicious meals with ease.

What makes "Nervous! but Excited!" different from other kitchen products?

Our products are designed with both functionality and style in mind. Each product is carefully crafted to make cooking and baking more efficient and enjoyable, while also adding a touch of elegance to any kitchen.

Are "Nervous! but Excited!" products safe to use?

Yes, all of our products are made with high-quality materials that are safe for food preparation. We also follow strict safety guidelines and conduct thorough testing to ensure the safety of our products.

Can I purchase "Nervous! but Excited!" products online?

Yes, all of our products are available for purchase on our website. We also offer special deals and promotions for online purchases, making it easier for customers to get their hands on our products.

Do you offer a warranty for "Nervous! but Excited!" products?

Yes, we stand by the quality of our products and offer a limited warranty for any defects or malfunctions. Please refer to our website for more information on our warranty policy and how to make a claim.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kristenlee
  • KateInTheKitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
Replies
Views
ms_twana