• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Some People on CS Just Asking for a Fight?

I
Inomiamenda
Ok so I know this is not productive, I just felt the need to vent for a teensy wheensy minute.
Seriously, are there some people on CS whose necks you would just like to wring sometimes? Or is it just me?:yuck:

Yes....who is it this time?

It's not just you - there are several! some of them are so clueless, I can't help but wonder how they make it through life.....'milkangel' for one - is she really real? I've often thought that she is someone who is posting all that weid off the wall crap just to see who will respond and what they will say. If she's for real then wow!

There are a few new ones over there that are just whiners though.

Oh thank Goodness.. so I can say their names? I am sure they are nice people but I don't see how that doreen z gets through life with her view of how unfair everything is. I remember this summer how she wanted to start a crusade for people with internet violations. Don't get me wrong... I don't have any ( that I am aware of,) but it drives me nuts when people complain because someone else is successful. I just want to scream," If you paid as much attention to your own business as you did trying to catch everyone else doing something wrong, you might have a stronger business.
And then she was all in a snit about directors and above attending Director Express.
Again, please don't misunderstand- I have no problems with having an opinion. I am easily annoyed when those opinions are stated in such a way that they sound like they're coming from a petulant 5 year old. Oy!
And then there's that poor old Di Can Cook person. Will someone remind me why she even has her own business?
Ok enough rant. Sorry. I will go back to being positive again. :) See?

Becky!!!! :bugeye: Do you feel better now? I have tears in my eyes I'm laughing so hard at you! I'm imagining you typing this as fast as your fingers can go. Yes, those are some of the ones that irritate me too.

This is behind the apron, so unless they are members on this side or have someone here who will tellk them about it they won't know that we are "whining" about them too!:eek: LOL

beckyjsmith said:
And then she was all in a snit about directors and above attending Director Express.

I am laughing too!!! I'm not on CS any more so my entertainment from it is the comments here! ;)

With that, from what I understood, ALL CONSULTANTS can attend the Director Express event... is that incorrect?

You ARE correct Colleen! :)
Linda- yep I feel better. And you are correct at just how fast I typed that!!! snort.. chuckle... guffaw....
She is all...
"I just spoke to my director and she said it says its OPEN to all that want to Promote to what ever level . I still think it should be only for Under directors only , They already should know how to promote just my thought"
And then I kind of retorted with a snide comment. Thank you Ann for cleaning that up for me. :)
And again.. my initial thought was that I wanted to send as many of my team members who want to go, but then kept getting emails from the HO about us going too. I actually called Karin Logston ( she is my sales manager) to find out if we were going to have one close, and she said, " I hope you are planning to go too. You are, right?" So I was all.... yeah! Of course I am!

beckyjsmith said:
Oh thank Goodness.. so I can say their names? I am sure they are nice people but I don't see how that doreen z gets through life with her view of how unfair everything is. I remember this summer how she wanted to start a crusade for people with internet violations. Don't get me wrong... I don't have any ( that I am aware of,) but it drives me nuts when people complain because someone else is successful. I just want to scream," If you paid as much attention to your own business as you did trying to catch everyone else doing something wrong, you might have a stronger business.
Again, please don't misunderstand- I have no problems with having an opinion. I am easily annoyed when those opinions are stated in such a way that they sound like they're coming from a petulant 5 year old. Oy!
And then there's that poor old Di Can Cook person. Will someone remind me why she even has her own business?
Ok enough rant. Sorry. I will go back to being positive again. :) See?

Thank you for saving me from having to type all that - LOL
I Agree completely!!!

Phew! Thanks guys! I didn't want to offend anyone but holy cannoli... is it all really THAT bad? I knew I liked you people!!

finley1991 said:
I am laughing too!!! I'm not on CS any more so my entertainment from it is the comments here! ;)

With that, from what I understood, ALL CONSULTANTS can attend the Director Express event... is that incorrect?

My SED is going with me and several others on her team next month! I think it's good for upper levels to attend, especially when they attend with their team.

Linda- who is your SED?

beckyjsmith said:
Linda- who is your SED?

Dotti Shepherd. We are going to Director Express in Knoxville on April 17th. She is so close to NED she can taste it! She's hoping to promote by conference.

sweet!! We are also going to Knoxville on the 17th. We SO have to meet live and in person!!! Were you in Atlanta also? ( I am assuming you were,lol.)
We may have met and not even known it!

beckyjsmith said:
sweet!! We are also going to Knoxville on the 17th. We SO have to meet live and in person!!! Were you in Atlanta also? ( I am assuming you were,lol.)
We may have met and not even known it!

Do you know Dotti? I just LOVE her!

I was in Atlanta (I live here - where do you live?) I was sitting with Dotti and in the row right in front of Kristin Stover, if you know her. We were near the middle set of doors.

I don't know her, but I am pretty sure I heard her speak. I was in Atlanta though!
We were sitting somewhere in the second or third row back farthest from the doors, so maybe I didn't see ya'll.
But I will in KNOXVILLE!! WHAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I didn't know Dotti was that close! Wahoo for her!

cmdtrgd said:
I didn't know Dotti was that close! Wahoo for her!

she is so close! She was one show shy of making it last month! If one consultant would have submitted one $150 show it would have given the SC necessary for one of her D to mainain directorship and she would have had month one of NED status....she is really working hard for it.

WOW! I'll have to send her an encouragement email!!!

I am also glad that it is not just me that rolls my eyes when I just see that some of the above mentioned (Di Can Cook) have responded to a post....

pamperedlinda said:
It's not just you - there are several! some of them are so clueless, I can't help but wonder how they make it through life.....'milkangel' for one - is she really real? I've often thought that she is someone who is posting all that weid off the wall crap just to see who will respond and what they will say. If she's for real then wow!

There are a few new ones over there that are just whiners though.

OMG she can't even spell and just seems really, really clueless. Glad I'm not the only one who has wondered about her.

beckyjsmith said:

Yeah, she never quits, does she? Self fulfilling prophecy!

beckyjsmith said:
Di Can Cook person.

Goodness! She's still a consultant? I haven't been on CS in something like 2 years and she was that way back then???

I didn't know we could run a successful business complaining about it all the time! :p

LMAO!! I just love this thread! I almost never go on CS any more unless looking for a file because I just couldn't deal with the ignorance.And Becky, someone brings up this exact thing over here every 2-3 months. A few of us have even intentionally stirred the pot over there just to try and get some people to get their heads out of their arses! I KNOW Deb has, I think maybe Colleen too. And they did it OH so well!! So vent away! And BTW, Linda looks exactly like her pic so you'll easily recognize her. =)

Debi said:
LMAO!! I just love this thread! I almost never go on CS any more unless looking for a file because I just couldn't deal with the ignorance.

And Becky, someone brings up this exact thing over here every 2-3 months. A few of us have even intentionally stirred the pot over there just to try and get some people to get their heads out of their arses! I KNOW Deb has, I think maybe Colleen too. And they did it OH so well!!

So vent away! And BTW, Linda looks exactly like her pic so you'll easily recognize her. =)

I'm not the only one! And I'm really not that bitchy in real life. LOL

DebbieJ said:

Very true, very true!!! Didn't mean to make anyone HERE sound bitchy! I look at it as leaders showing leadership!

DebbieJ said:

I :candyheart: you Deb!!!!!

When I stirred the pot, it wasn't intentional!!!!

... okay, who am I kidding? :p

finley1991 said:

This is why I :candyheart: Deb and you and everyone on here too!

Since we're complaining....

Okay, WHY are we complaining about PC making a knife block that has empty spaces???

What, you want to buy a new block every time we come out with a new knife?

This one has me scratching my head.

finley1991 said:

I :candyheart: you too Colleen!

Debi said:
This is why I :candyheart: Deb and you and everyone on here too!

I :candyheart: you too Debi!

DebbieJ said:

Okay, WHY are we complaining about PC making a knife block that has empty spaces???

I literally JUST had one of my consultants complain to me about this!
Makes no sense to me.
Just shows they are never thinking ahead!!:yuck:
UGH!! <bangs head against wall> LOL

DebbieJ said:

Oh, I am so glad I don't have one of these on my team...on a bad day I just might slip and say...DUH!!!:D

beckyjsmith said:
Thank you Ann for cleaning that up for me. :)

Got you back, Girlfriend!!!;)

:candyheart:You guys are awesome! Really.:candyheart: Ya'll have made my weekend!!!

I have a friend who owns a successful painting business, and he said something very wise to me once--"nancy, sometimes people just want to be mad. So let them and don't buy into it. Just let them be mad". I decided this year to sit down and write down all the things that bugged me about this business, and all the things I loved about it. Then I wrote down what I could do, if anything, about those things that bugged me. I did those. Guess what--the things I love FAR outweighed the things I didn't. What a blessing to me! There are people out there stuck in jobs/marriages/whatever that they HATE. I'm not one of them, PTL.

Now when I have a show cancel at the last minute I try to have a positive attitude and figure God's got something else for me to do that day. And those in my life that need to be mad, or whine, or whatever, I let them and I don't respond.

But Linda, I do agree about Milkangel. I cringe whenever I read her posts. And the rest, geez, I feel sorry for them.

Ok, I am jumping on the band wagon for just a minute...Chefcat and her Director Express comments. I am trying to understand that she is new. But, honestly, I am sooooooo glad that she is not in my downline.

And thank you Becky and Beth for your comments. If I missed anyone else's positive comments thank you too.

Heh, just had to comment on ChefCat's posts about DE being closed to those at the D level until those TL and below have signed up. I tried to keep it tasteful. Geez! Oh, and how does one decide if all TL and below who want to have signed up???

couldn't resist--just responded as well.

Oh... I needed a laugh tonight! I'm so glad I finally read this thread!

She still doesn't get it, does she? We're all here to help each other. She seems to be (opinion) "all about me" I don't really know how to respond to the "how would you feel" line...here it is for those of you who aren't on CS:How would you ("you" used as a general term, not specific to any one poster) feel if you were denied the opportunity for your first time at a HO sponsored leadership event and then found out that many of the people who were able to attend had gone for a refresher for their second or even third time? How would you (general) feel if one or more of your recruits was denied and you got in? What if the room was full of directors and above, would you (general) as a director feel guilty for essentially taking the spot of someone beneath you?Um, no. I wouldn't feel guilty because HO would work their butts off to open more space or do another one in the area. It seems like she is just there to whine, not learn.

cmdtrgd said:
It seems like she is just there to whine, not learn.

There are SO many on CS just for that reason alone. They are lonely and go to CS to find others to be miserable with. I'm still very happy I decided not to renew there... although it was entertaining at times, it was such an energy drain!!!!

cmdtrgd said:
She still doesn't get it, does she? We're all here to help each other. She seems to be (opinion) "all about me" I don't really know how to respond to the "how would you feel" line...here it is for those of you who aren't on CS:

How would you ("you" used as a general term, not specific to any one poster) feel if you were denied the opportunity for your first time at a HO sponsored leadership event and then found out that many of the people who were able to attend had gone for a refresher for their second or even third time? How would you (general) feel if one or more of your recruits was denied and you got in? What if the room was full of directors and above, would you (general) as a director feel guilty for essentially taking the spot of someone beneath you?

Um, no. I wouldn't feel guilty because HO would work their butts off to open more space or do another one in the area. It seems like she is just there to whine, not learn.

Kate you ROCK!!!! I gave you a yeah that because I really didn't have anything to add. It is kind of like trying to reason with a 2 year old. ( not that she is a two year old, but her refusal to see another side of the argument is ever so frustrating.)

I have just read the rest of the thread since I posted last. You all ROCK!!!!! I want to comment but because all of the logic and polite thoughts I have been expressed, my next post will be...

1. Hey, Chefcat, I know why your Directors don't want to go...they may have to sit by you.

And/or I may have said...

2. Oh, I bet your Directors are so happy that you will be able to coach and train the rest of their team...even long after you are gone. You will now have pixie dust sprinkled on you by HO so you will know and tell all!!!

3. Oh, now I see you are right, Chefcat. In fact, I will discourage my Team Leaders from going too...they all ready know how to recruit and teach others to recruit.

Obviously, the mean has risen in me and she is not worth responding to. But will keep watch of the thread to see if anyone else is going to try to get through her thick head!!!

Notice that now she is registered, it is not as big of a concern to her! She will go far with that narrow sighted view!

OMG Ann! I am LMAO!!!!!!!!

Ok Ann....just had to tell you I busted out laughing so hard, my eyes teared up! LOVE it!

I'm with geniuses!!! Ann... TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!

Annnnnnd, no response from ChefCat.

WOW...the claws are out!!! People take things so literal then magnify them so much. Maybe my evil twin who posted earlier about Chefcat should get involved:D;)...naw, I don't want Greg to have to boot me out!

<h2>1. Why do some people on CS seem to always be looking for a fight?</h2><p>There could be a variety of reasons why some people on CS may appear to be constantly looking for a fight. It could be due to underlying issues or insecurities, a desire for attention, or even just a different communication style. It's important to remember that everyone has their own unique perspective and ways of expressing themselves.</p><h2>2. Is it just me, or are there certain individuals on CS who always seem to provoke arguments?</h2><p>While it may seem like certain individuals on CS are always provoking arguments, it's important to consider the context of the situation. Some people may have a more confrontational communication style, while others may simply have differing opinions. It's important to practice patience and empathy when engaging with others on CS.</p><h2>3. How can I avoid getting into arguments with certain people on CS?</h2><p>The best way to avoid getting into arguments with certain people on CS is to practice good communication skills. This includes actively listening, staying calm, and avoiding personal attacks. It's also helpful to set boundaries and disengage from a conversation if it becomes too heated.</p><h2>4. Is it possible to have civil discussions with people on CS who have different opinions?</h2><p>Absolutely! While it may seem difficult at times, it is possible to have civil discussions with people on CS who have different opinions. The key is to approach the conversation with an open mind and a willingness to listen and understand the other person's perspective. Remember to communicate respectfully and avoid making assumptions or attacking the other person personally.</p><h2>5. How can I cope with the frustration of dealing with certain individuals on CS?</h2><p>Dealing with frustrating individuals on CS can be challenging, but there are some strategies that can help. It's important to take breaks from engaging with these individuals and focus on self-care. You can also try reframing the situation and reminding yourself that everyone has their own unique perspectives. If needed, you can also reach out to a moderator for assistance in resolving any conflicts.</p>

1. Why do some people on CS seem to always be looking for a fight?

There could be a variety of reasons why some people on CS may appear to be constantly looking for a fight. It could be due to underlying issues or insecurities, a desire for attention, or even just a different communication style. It's important to remember that everyone has their own unique perspective and ways of expressing themselves.

2. Is it just me, or are there certain individuals on CS who always seem to provoke arguments?

While it may seem like certain individuals on CS are always provoking arguments, it's important to consider the context of the situation. Some people may have a more confrontational communication style, while others may simply have differing opinions. It's important to practice patience and empathy when engaging with others on CS.

3. How can I avoid getting into arguments with certain people on CS?

The best way to avoid getting into arguments with certain people on CS is to practice good communication skills. This includes actively listening, staying calm, and avoiding personal attacks. It's also helpful to set boundaries and disengage from a conversation if it becomes too heated.

4. Is it possible to have civil discussions with people on CS who have different opinions?

Absolutely! While it may seem difficult at times, it is possible to have civil discussions with people on CS who have different opinions. The key is to approach the conversation with an open mind and a willingness to listen and understand the other person's perspective. Remember to communicate respectfully and avoid making assumptions or attacking the other person personally.

5. How can I cope with the frustration of dealing with certain individuals on CS?

Dealing with frustrating individuals on CS can be challenging, but there are some strategies that can help. It's important to take breaks from engaging with these individuals and focus on self-care. You can also try reframing the situation and reminding yourself that everyone has their own unique perspectives. If needed, you can also reach out to a moderator for assistance in resolving any conflicts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies