• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Needing Tapas Tips Please

In summary, a group of consultants are discussing their experiences with tapas shows and sharing tips. Some have found it helpful to pre-toast the bread and prepare the cream cheese mixture ahead of time, while others have had success with prepping the toppings in advance using Pampered Chef products. Some popular toppings include shrimp, pizza sauce, and olive salad. The use of additional tools and cross-selling has also been effective in boosting sales. Overall, tapas shows have been successful in generating bookings and sales for the consultants.
Trish29
I am doing a tapas show in a few days and would like any tips from those who have already tried this with a crowd. I have made bread like they suggest in the oven and it has gotten hard and dried out...I way don't want that at my show! Does anyone know if we can broil on the mini muffin pan?? C/U card didn't say anything either way. Which topping(s) from training booklet worked best for you so far?
Thanks!
Trish
Central FL

TapasI have not tried this demo yet but I went to my recruits first show and she did this demo. Her hostess bought little crostini's that were already cut then just put them in the oven for a while.

I found that it took too much time to put the cream cheese mixture on all of the bread slices and then put the toppings on. I would reccomend that you only put on the cream cheese on a few to demonstrate then either have your host put the rest on or do it after the demo.
Have fun with this demo! :)

Kathy

Did the tapas demoOkay, I did the tapas demo last night. I really try to do a fast show and it was a school night so we were done/guests leaving in an hour. I cut and toasted the bread in oven before guests came. Also put on cheese mixture prep ahead in the s/s bowl...what a nice bowl....Also did most of the other prep ahead at home and put all in the awesome prep bowls. I totally loved the shrimp served cold and so did the guests, pizza sauce one was a no brainer, will skip the pesto next time.
Most of the demo was the olive salad in the video(surprisingly really good and spicey) . It does not show a lot of tools so I really tried to cross sell and chat about how I made the other toppings with different products. Also made the fluted micro choc cake and everyone totally loved that...it also got some of the garlic taste out of our mouths! I think I will bring altoids to my next demo of this one!! I don't know, my demo is sort of goofy and all over the place, but we had fun and I think the show is over $400 so far with 3 bookings.
Would love to hear how other tapas shows are going.
Trish
Central FL

Great breads from the pastI'm new to this site and love the flyers.but about the Tapas they are fun to do but I still love to do the peperoni Pizza twist or the dessert bread too .You use alot of tools and it looks really great when its done , everyone now wants to make it I sell alot of Bar pans and Batter bowls . Another easy one is to make the monkey bread or the garlic bread one night I sold 6 small saute pans. ( 38.00 each that was a good night). Doreen

Hi Trish,I have done many tapas shows and have found that using the mini muffin pan is a great idea! It allows for individual servings and is easy to serve to a crowd. I have also tried broiling on the mini muffin pan and have had success with it. Just make sure to keep a close eye on them so they don't burn.As for toppings, my personal favorites are the bruschetta and the spinach and artichoke dip. Both are easy to make and always a hit with the crowd. I also like to offer a variety of toppings, such as different types of cheese, meats, and vegetables, to cater to different tastes.One tip I have is to keep the bread in a warmer or cover it with a damp paper towel to prevent it from drying out. This will help ensure that your tapas stay fresh and delicious throughout the entire show.I hope this helps and good luck with your tapas show!Best,

1. What are tapas?

Tapas are a variety of small, savory Spanish dishes that are typically served as appetizers or snacks. They can include a wide range of ingredients, such as meats, cheeses, vegetables, and seafood, and are often served on small plates for sharing.

2. How do I choose the right tapas for my event?

When selecting tapas for an event, it's important to consider the number of guests, the occasion, and any dietary restrictions. It's also a good idea to offer a variety of flavors and textures to cater to different tastes.

3. What kitchen tools do I need for making tapas?

Some essential kitchen tools for making tapas include a cutting board, knives, mixing bowls, and a variety of cooking utensils. Depending on the specific tapas recipes you are making, you may also need a food processor, blender, or other specialized tools.

4. Can I make tapas ahead of time?

Yes, many tapas can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until serving. Some tapas, such as croquettes or empanadas, can even be frozen and reheated for future use.

5. Do you have any tips for presenting tapas?

To make your tapas presentation visually appealing, try arranging them on a platter or serving board with different heights and textures. You can also add garnishes, such as fresh herbs or sliced fruit, to add color and flavor to the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ladybug
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
knipperdog99
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • pamperdpaula
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies