• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Direct Sales Business with Effective Advertising Strategies

In summary, Angela is feeling down about her lack of bookings and thinks that her lack of relationships is to blame. She is considering getting books on how to run a successful home-based business as well as attending a conference in July.
northern_sunshine
I guess I'm just down a bit. I only have one booking left for June and one for July and then nothing much til September! I have no leads, people I thought would definitely book (people I've known for many many years!) haven't even acknowledged that I'm selling TPC, one even blocked half her profile from me on Facebook after she declined an invite to my Grand Opening because of a cat allergy and I moved the location (to help accommodate her, but also so my kids could go to bed on time)!! :eek:

I don't know tons of people (and most of the people I do know are all related), I worked one trade show, but it was with my director who knows everyone and their dog. I also advertised at our community yard sale (which generated my remaining June booking) and did get a catalogue into the staff room at the local school. I plan on putting advertising up in all the local businesses in the next week.

I guess I'm just not feeling at all confident. Reading here almost makes me feel worse because people are bummed about $500 shows when my largest was $340!!! People who I thought would be excited and willing to "help" by hosting just haven't. Put that on top of summer and the fact that I'm just stressed in general is just not good. :(

Work on your list of 100. You don't need 100 names but think about who you know and who they know. Then call those that you KNOW will not book first. Ask everyone for referrals.

That's a start anyway....

Angela, I'm so sorry you are feeling down. You have to start thinking and acting positive. Check your library for a book by Jay Levinson and Seth Godin called Guerrilla Marketing for the Home-Based Business. Some of the ideas may help. Another book that I really like, but I'm not done reading, is The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey. DON'T GIVE UP! Get involved in something and do it because you care about the project/purpose/people. Build relationships because that's a good thing. More bookings will follow, and in the mean time you will be happier because you're getting to know people. It's not the worst thing in the world to not have shows, but it is pretty bad to not have meaningful relationships. That's the biggest lesson I'm learning from those two books.

angela first take a deep breath and try to relax!!!!!! right now you have 2 shows on the books and thats 200% better than none :)
try to really emaphise(sorry cant spell tonite) with your both your hostess about getting bookings, maybe offer them something like a cook book for having 2 bookings within the next 6 weeks, you're really going to have to hostess coach them. ask your director for any help she might be able to give you there. unfortunately when we are desperate for bookings they never come and when we relax about it(even if we only appear to) they come. i had a show today $226 but 3 of the 5 guests booked shows, i'll take a low show with bookings over a high show with none. my 2 highest shows had no bookings.
good luck :)

I'm in the exact same boat as you. I have one show this week that I'm positive will not hold (I know, think positively - but she's rescheduled 3 times and she's out of town until the night before her show so I don't have high hopes for it) and my next shows are July 12 and September 13. My last 3 shows have had 0 bookings. Not one maybe. I had one host who said a woman at work really wants to have a show...but she won't give me her phone number. She said she'll give the woman my number and she'll call me. I don't count on that happening either. I'm going to make some calls to my past maybes and some people from my 100 list but I'm quite worried. I need to work on coaching my hosts to get the bookings for me. I always give an incentive but I don't focus on it so I'll have to remember to bring it up a lot and make sure they're excited about the upcoming specials.

Hang in there! It seems alot of us are having the same problem right now! Just keep working the phone, carrying catalogs with you, and talking to people everyday. You can turn this around! (Atleast that's what I keep telling myself!)

No that summer is a difficult time for many people. Busy, busy, busy! That's probably why conference is in July. We need the extra boost. Don't lose faith. Sad, but no that friends and family are actually not usually the best for our business. Have you told some of your closest that you really would appreciate their help getting your business going? Or organizing your own expo with friends in other DS businesses? That could get you some new contacts. Or try the $1000 Mystery Host show (flyers under files) since some people will be will to get a few orders, but don't want to have an actual show. Or encourage catalog shows b/c if you explain the booking benefit, they CAN have bookings! I know...easier said than done, but calling and such DOES work. *sigh* I have to take my own advice!

I felt the same way as you, no parties booked for July or August. I almost quit PC last week being so down and burned out from work and 2 cancellations and no bookings. I'm finding ways to encourage guests to book enticing them with free gifts (not expensive ones). I sent out invitations just today to all my previous hosts over the last (almost) year and reminded them of their 10% discount and when it expired, and I sent invites to people I know from a bank, a doctors office and just past acquantances. I found a monthly calendar you fill in with month and days. I filled each week with a product they would receive free if they book in that week. My party is July 12th .Take some time and read different areas of this site and you might get that fire going, also. Good Luck.

1. How can I effectively advertise my direct sales business?

There are several effective advertising strategies for direct sales businesses, including creating a strong online presence through social media and a professional website, hosting parties or events to showcase your products, and networking with other businesses and potential customers. It's important to also have a clear and consistent brand message to attract and retain customers.

2. What are some cost-effective advertising options for direct sales businesses?

Some cost-effective options for advertising your direct sales business include utilizing social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, to promote your products and engage with potential customers. You can also collaborate with other businesses or influencers to reach a larger audience, or offer special promotions or discounts to attract new customers.

3. How can I measure the success of my advertising efforts?

One way to measure the success of your advertising efforts is by tracking your sales and revenue. You can also track website traffic and engagement on social media to see if your advertising efforts are driving interest and conversions. Additionally, asking for customer feedback and reviews can give you valuable insights into the effectiveness of your advertising strategies.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid when advertising a direct sales business?

Some common mistakes to avoid when advertising a direct sales business include not having a clear target audience, inconsistent branding and messaging, and not utilizing various advertising channels. It's also important to avoid overselling or being too pushy, as this can turn potential customers away.

5. How can I stay updated on the latest advertising trends for direct sales businesses?

One way to stay updated on the latest advertising trends for direct sales businesses is by joining online communities or groups specifically for direct sellers. You can also attend industry conferences or workshops, and follow industry experts and influencers on social media. Additionally, regularly researching and analyzing your competitor's advertising strategies can help you stay ahead of the curve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
islandgurlchef
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
Replies
Views
genburk
Replies
Views