• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Needed: Volcano Cake Recipe and Product

In summary, the man attempted to recipe search for a chocolate lava cake using a box of chocolate cake mix and a can of chocolate frosting from a store. However, he could not find it and he believed he had heard of the recipe before. He promised to get the recipe to the man, but he did not remember the name of the recipe or how to make it.
gailz2
Gold Member
I worked at a fair yesterday and had a man come up and want the plastic product we cooked a volcano cake in and the recipe. Can anyone help? I did a recipe search and couldn't find it, though I thought I'd heard of it before. I promised I'd get him the info. Please help!

I believe he was referring to the Rice Cooker recipe:Molten Chocolate Lava CakeOne box of chocolate cake mix
ingredients to make the chocolate cake (from the back of the box)
One can of chocolate frosting1. Empty cake mix and cake mix ingredients into Rice Cooker Plus and mix together.
2. Add ½ the can of frosting with Small or Medium Scoop.
3. Microwave for about 8-10 minutes. Invert onto med. Square.
4. You can use any kind of cake mix and frosting, but chocolate is my favorite! German Chocolate is great too!

Thank you! I believe this is it. Perhaps I can sell both the rice cooker and the scoop! Have a great day.

or maybe he was referring to years ago we did volcano cakes in the batter bowldepends on if he meant molten or volcano i guess.

Teresa, is the recipe different? He did say his friend cooked it in a plastic cookware.

the molten cake in the rice cooker is a "gooey" center
the volcano in batter bowl is shaped and decorated like a volcano for birthday parties

If he recalls it is "plastic" then it would be the Rice Cooker. That was very popular
in 2005 when I first signed up. We learned quickly that we got better results when
we did not put the frosting into the batter but used about four medium scoops on
the top of the warm cake, and helped it by spreading it from the center out to
the edges, and then let is overflow and give a very gourmet appearance to the sides.
If you wanted to decorate it any further, fine but it was perfect with just that little
effort. In most 900 watt microwaves the timing varied from 10 to 12 minutes for me.
Let it set about five minutes before turning out onto one of our medium square Simple
Additions. It can easily serve 12 because it is firm, moist and seems rich.

TY everyone. I tried this cake tonight and it erupted in my microwave. I have a very powerful microwave (1200), put the whole container of frosting in the middle (before reading Grandmarita's suggestions) and it made a royal mess of my microwave. I think I set the timer for 10 minutes. It was very tasty and moist, but what a mess.

1. Can you recommend a specific Pampered Chef product for making a volcano cake?

Yes, our Stoneware Fluted Pan is the perfect size and shape for creating a realistic volcano cake. It is made of high-quality stoneware and has a non-stick surface for easy release of the cake.

2. Do you have a volcano cake recipe that is easy to follow?

Absolutely! Our Lava Flow Volcano Cake recipe is specifically designed for use with our Stoneware Fluted Pan. It uses simple ingredients and has step-by-step instructions for creating a delicious and impressive dessert.

3. Can I use a different brand of cake mix for the volcano cake?

While we recommend using our recipe for the best results, you can use any brand of cake mix as long as it is the same size (usually 15-16 ounces). Just be sure to follow the instructions on the box for baking time and temperature.

4. Is the volcano cake difficult to assemble?

Not at all! Our volcano cake recipe and stoneware pan make it easy to create a professional-looking cake without any special decorating skills. The instructions are simple to follow and you can even involve kids in the decorating process.

5. Can I add my own twist to the volcano cake recipe?

Of course! Our recipe is just a starting point and you can get creative with different flavors, colors, and toppings to make it your own. We also have a variety of other volcano cake recipes on our website that you can try out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Deb V
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chanddl