• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Get a Replacement Part for Cutting Board with Measuring Cups

In summary, consultants are frustrated because they keep losing the little gray rubber piece that holds the cups in place on the Cutting Board with Measuring Cups. The first time they lost it, the board was still under warranty, but now they have lost it again and are getting frustrated because they can't take the board with cups with them when they travel. If they can't get a replacement part, they don't want to sell it.
Chefgirl2
Gold Member
I just called home office because I keep losing the little gray rubber piece that holds the cups in place on the Cutting Board with Measuring Cups.

HO told me it isn't a replacement part. Surely, I am not the only consultant that has had this happen. The first time I lost the tiny piece the board was still under warranty. I thought about keeping the other gray piece as a back-up when I returned it...but didn't. :(

Just recently I lost the piece again! Who knows where? I have searched and searched for it. The board w/ cups is one of my favorites from the collection because it is so versatile. I'm getting frustrated because I keep trying to pack it for my shows, and I can't take it! If we can't get a replacement part I don't want to sell it. Why would I sell it if I know my customers will be having the same issues and we can't easily fix it as we know PC can?

HO requested that I email them asking for the piece to be a replacement part. HO also suggested that if other consultants feel the same then they need to send an email too. Then HO will recognize a need by the volume of requests and be able to do something about this.:love:

Can you help get this going? I really don't want to throw mine away and buy another board when mine is in, otherwise, perfect condition.

Thanks, Elaine

I haven't had a problem. I don't really use mine but I pop the cups out every now and then at my shows.

I HATE this cutting board for that reason! What a horrible set up! I can't tell you how frustrated it makes me. I have stopped bringing it to shows and will tell my customers my honest opinion of it when they ask about it, that is how much I HATE it! I would rather lose the commission than have someone go through the same frustration!

ETA: I HATE it so much that I don't even want the replacement for it! (I will email HO though to recommend it.)

What piece are you talking about? OH... I JUST read in the catalog there are pegs to hold the cups in place? I didn't know that... were the pegs included originally cuz I sure never knew that... I LOVE this board ... love being able to scrap the food into the cup and transport it to whatever bowl I'm using and I didn't even know there were pegs so didn't realize I was missing anything! :) Hmmmm ... you learn something new every day!

I don't have this board. I used it once at my SED's house and spilled grated carrots all over the floor. To me it's a bit akward, but then I've been cooking for a long time and am a pretty good judge of my measurements as I go. No-one ever really asks me about it either (I forgot we had it to be honest with you)

It's the little gray pieces that hold the cups in.

I agree, Elaine. I finally stopped taking it to shows because at least one gray piece popped at during transport and I could never find it!

I had to return mine under warranty too. One reason was that the gray pegs were missing and the other is that it stains very easily. Mine just would not come clean and I was very embarrassed to show it at shows. So far I have not had any troubles with the replacement.

One of mine falls out often too! I have thought about trying to glue it in somehow, but thought that might not be a good idea. I always thought it was a replacement part. That's the only reason I never really worried about it much. That stinks that it's not! :cry:

I've had the same problem too and don't use it often for that reason. It seems like the pegs really should be available as a replacement part...

It's probably not cost efficient to have them as a replacement part.

Maybe we should suggest them having a big ol' bowl of them on a table at conference and let us grab a handful to take home and share:D :D

I have had 2 customers lose those gray tabs that hold the cups in place.

And I was shocked that those aren't available as replacment parts. One gal sent her whole board back, the other didn't feel like it was worth it.

I have never sent HO an email with a request...where is the link on CC for this?? I will also be glad to send an email requesting this as a replacement part.

If they fall out once, who says new ones won't fall out again. It maybe something they have to redesign instead of replace. If you have issues, email the solutions center.

astavnes said:
I had to return mine under warranty too. One reason was that the gray pegs were missing and the other is that it stains very easily. Mine just would not come clean and I was very embarrassed to show it at shows. So far I have not had any troubles with the replacement.

I haven't had the gray pegs come out yet (but another consultant in my cluster had that problem), but I have noticed that it does have some discoloration issues. Mine has some black-like spots on it and I don't recall cutting anything that would do that. I have tried soaking in diluted bleach and it does not help. Does anyone else have any ideas for that?

mpkegley said:
I haven't had the gray pegs come out yet (but another consultant in my cluster had that problem), but I have noticed that it does have some discoloration issues. Mine has some black-like spots on it and I don't recall cutting anything that would do that. I have tried soaking in diluted bleach and it does not help. Does anyone else have any ideas for that?

Do you take it to your shows with you? I get black spots on my stoneware from rubbing against other products.

mpkegley said:

Maybe rub it with some fine sandpaper?

I have lost one of the grey rubber legs on mine too and of course it's more than a year so no luck here. :cry: I don't understand why they don't put them on the replacement list! :cry:

wadesgirl said:
Do you take it to your shows with you? I get black spots on my stoneware from rubbing against other products.

No, it is not the type of stain from stoneware rubbing against it. It is more like something just soaked down into the board. KWIM? I hadn't thought of rubbing it with sandpaper. I will have to try that and see how that works.

No problem w/the tabs, but I lost a foot. I was very disapointed when I didn't find it on the RP OF.:(

Email HO about these issues, like mentioned, the more they hear of problems, the more likely they will come up with a solution.

I lost one of my rubber things too and no longer take mine to shows ... I was very surprised they didn't offer a replacement part on that either. Sure would be a lot cheaper & easier to include a few extra with the board instead of replacing them for everyone!

It happened to me too :( One of the gray tabs came off when we moved to our new house. Plus, mine is completely stained -- can't make it look nice no matter what I do. My other cutting board is older & looks better. I love this cutting board but don't take it to shows because it looks so awful :( Who do we contact at HO to get replacement parts on their "to do" list??

Re: Needed: HO to offer Replacement Gray Rubber Piece for Cutting Board w/Measuring CI know this is an old thread, but my question relates so specifically to it...I just got this cutting board, from a friend who didn't use hers. I can't figure it out...The little gray "pegs" look like I am going to cut them in half when I put them it. I'm scared I'm going to wreck it just by changing the cups?I looked in the Use & Care guide on CC, and it simply says "change the cups," but doesn't say how.Any advice

Re: Needed: HO to offer Replacement Gray Rubber Piece for Cutting Board w/Measuring CAre you trying to replace the pegs, or just get the cups in/out? Mine come in and out with no issues

1. How do I request a replacement part for my cutting board with measuring cups?

To request a replacement part for your cutting board with measuring cups, you can contact our customer service team at 1-800-266-5562 or through our online contact form. Please have your order number or product information available for faster assistance.

2. What information do I need to provide when requesting a replacement part?

In order to process your request efficiently, please have your order number, product name, and description of the damaged or missing part ready when contacting our customer service team. You may also be asked to provide a photo of the cutting board.

3. How long does it take to receive a replacement part?

The time it takes to receive a replacement part will vary depending on your location and the availability of the part. Our customer service team will provide you with an estimated timeline for delivery when processing your request.

4. Is there a cost for the replacement part?

If your cutting board with measuring cups is still under warranty, there will be no cost for the replacement part. If the warranty has expired, there may be a small fee for the part and shipping. Our customer service team will provide you with the details and options available.

5. Can I return the entire cutting board for a replacement?

In most cases, we are able to replace just the damaged or missing part rather than the entire cutting board. However, if the issue is with the entire product, our customer service team will work with you to find the best solution, which may include a replacement or a refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jbdowd0798
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • lisacb77
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lisacb77
  • babywings76