• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing Meals Ahead of Time: Ideas for Busy Parents

In summary, the speaker is bummed about having to return to corporate America and is looking for meal ideas that can be prepared ahead of time for her 12-year-old daughter to finish cooking during the week. Some recommendations include the Tuscan Chicken Pasta Bake and the Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff from the book "Fix, Freeze, Feast". The speaker wishes the best for the family and acknowledges the daughter's cooking skills.
Humble Beginnings
Hi Everyone,

Well I'm very much bummed that I will be returning to corporate America. Ideally I would love to PC full time but that right now isn't happening enough for me to pay the bills. So anyway, the reason for my post is that i'm looking for ideas on what meals are good to prepare ahead of time. I'm planning on preparing the Power meals on Sunday's and freeze them then during the week while I'm at work my 12 year old chef daughter can prepare dinner for her and her sister. I love cooking for my girls and feel bad I won't be able to do it for them going forward. So I'm trying to work around that. What recipes would you recommend I can prepare and have her finish. She is allowed to use the stove and oven so I'm not concern about that, she is responsible :)

bumping for today's crowd

Any of the Power Cooking beef and chicken are awesome. The DCB microwave recipes too are easy, especially the pork tenderloin, meatloaf (you could prep ahead and have her put in stone and cook), chicken...Sorry you are having to go back to work full-time. I can imagine that would be tough!God bless you and your family!

I just got a book - "Fix, Freeze, Feast" that looks really good. It's all pretty healthy recipes that use real ingredients, and they can be frozen, and finished quickly when you are ready to cook.

Hi there! I completely understand your situation and I'm sorry to hear that you have to go back to corporate America. But don't worry, there are plenty of meals that you can prepare ahead of time and have your daughter finish up during the week. One of my favorites is the Tuscan Chicken Pasta Bake. You can prepare the chicken and pasta ahead of time and have your daughter add the sauce, cheese and bake it in the oven. It's a delicious and easy meal that your whole family will love. Another great option is the Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff. You can prep the beef and sauce ahead of time and have your daughter add the noodles and sour cream before serving. It's a hearty and comforting meal that will be perfect for those busy weeknights. I hope these ideas help and I wish you all the best in your new schedule. Your daughters are lucky to have such a talented chef for a mom! Take care.

1. What are some tips for meal prepping for busy parents?

Some tips for meal prepping for busy parents include planning out meals for the week, using versatile ingredients, investing in good storage containers, and utilizing kitchen tools like slow cookers and pressure cookers.

2. How far in advance should meals be prepared?

It is recommended to prepare meals 2-3 days in advance for optimal freshness. However, some meals can be prepared and stored in the freezer for up to a month.

3. How can I ensure that my prepared meals stay fresh?

To keep prepared meals fresh, it is important to store them properly in airtight containers in the refrigerator or freezer. It is also helpful to label and date the containers to keep track of freshness.

4. Are there any specific recipes that are great for meal prepping?

Some popular recipes for meal prepping include casseroles, soups, stir-fries, and sheet pan meals. These dishes are easy to make in large batches and can be stored and reheated easily.

5. How can I save time on meal prep for busy weekdays?

One way to save time on meal prep for busy weekdays is to use pre-cut and pre-washed vegetables and pre-cooked proteins such as rotisserie chicken. This will cut down on prep time and make it easier to throw together a quick and healthy meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lifeat50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
catlwilles
  • dkitten13
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies