• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seeking Space for Multi-Vendor Bazaar/Expo - Any Suggestions?

GayBrooke,I have a friend who is a speaker at a women's expo coming up soon at a local church. I think it would be a great idea to reach out to them to see if they'd be interested in speaking. I'm sure they would love to share their knowledge with other women. Thanks for considering this!
Brookeskitchen
I need some help coming up with the verbage to include on a letter to prospective churches or other sites.
Basically, I want to see if a church or other location will let me set up some sort of bazaar or expo. It will have consultants from other direct sales companies, not just myself so I have to include them in it - but I don't know how to word it. How do I ask them for the use of their space? I'm hoping there won't be a fee but I don't know how to ask that question either.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Brooke

I don't really know what to say, but can you call and talk to someone instead of sending letters. Maybe it is just me but I would have to send 5 letters back and forth to get all my questions answered. Maybe call a church director and ask if they have a space for you to use. Maybe ask if they lend a space for community use? I wouldn't think they would charge a fee, but maybe a small thank-you donation to the church would be appropriate. Make sure you include what you want to do (show mothers good job opportunities in a central location, give young people lots of oppotunities to chose from) so they don't think that you are doing this just for your own benfit. Good luck Brooke and maybe someone else will have better suggestions.

I was recently approached about setting up at a women's expo at a local church that will be held in a few months. There will be a speaker and other direct-selling orgs there as well. I thought it was a great idea. I'm also thinking about asking my church to do the same. You could also have some singing for entertainment. If you know somebody in a church women's group, it would be better to approach them to inquire. Good luck!

Jeanie Gay

Just had another thought - women's fair could be used as a fundraiser where instead of paying a fee to exhibit you could donate a percentage of sales on that day. Everybody has to do fundraising and that would be a good way to get your foot in the door.

Jeanie Gay

Speaker?
pcjeanie said:
I was recently approached about setting up at a women's expo at a local church that will be held in a few months. There will be a speaker and other direct-selling orgs there as well. I thought it was a great idea. I'm also thinking about asking my church to do the same. You could also have some singing for entertainment. If you know somebody in a church women's group, it would be better to approach them to inquire. Good luck!

Jeanie Gay

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Jeanie - do you know what the speaker will be discussing? I'm thinking this would be a great way to approach a church too - offering to help find a speaker on womens' issues or something.

Thanks again for the info...more are welcome.

Target the churches where everything is always being held. They probably have a more liberal usage policy and would be more open to have a "stranger" use their building. So look in the paper and see where the Boy Scouts, LaLeche Clubs, civic clubs, AA meet and call them first. Seems like there are thirty chuches in our area but only about five have outside groups routinely meet there.

Great AdviceThanks Bee - that's a great suggestion.

Brooke

I haven't heard yet who is speaking or what the topic is, but I'm certain is will be something of interest to women. I'll try to think to post it when I know.

Jeanie

What is the best type of space to host a multi-vendor bazaar/expo?

The best type of space to host a multi-vendor bazaar/expo is a large, open area such as a community center, convention center, or outdoor market space. This will allow for easy setup and plenty of room for vendors to display their products.

What amenities should the space have for a successful bazaar/expo?

The space should have access to electricity, restrooms, and parking for attendees. It is also helpful to have tables and chairs available for vendors to use. Wi-Fi and a sound system may also be useful for presentations or music.

How far in advance should I book a space for a bazaar/expo?

It is recommended to book a space at least 6 months in advance to allow time for planning and promotion. Popular spaces may book up even earlier, so it is best to start searching for a space as soon as possible.

Can I bring my own decorations to the space?

Yes, you can bring your own decorations to the space as long as they do not damage the property. It is recommended to discuss any specific decoration plans with the space owner or manager beforehand.

Are there any restrictions on the types of products that can be sold at a bazaar/expo?

There may be restrictions on certain types of products depending on the location and regulations. It is always best to check with the space owner or manager for any restrictions or guidelines before booking the space.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ahammons
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • dawn424383
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Rachel
  • ValM2010